talents??

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
mattausten86
Weasel

talents??

Postby mattausten86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Just a quick question, how on earth do you remember all the talents on a named character, take sabbat for example, has anyone done a cheat sheet or something to save flicking through the book all the time?
wolfdenoz
Shrew

Re: talents??

Postby wolfdenoz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:58 pm

I haven't played with a named character yet, but I have been making up like a recipe card for these characters, not to big but able to put talents with a description on it for new players to introduce them to the game.

Brett
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:14 pm

1. Practice: after playing several games with characters and talents you start to learn and remember what they do.

2. Write a brief summary. Consult it when you use the character.
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:08 pm

As Greg says jot down the ones you have a sheet of paper - I tend to use a Excel sheet to write everything down and add up all the costs, including a few notes on the talents as below:

Accurate re-roll to hit
Crack Shot Extra -1 to AP hit
Skilled re-roll 1 Melee Dice
Brave re-roll WTF rolls
Drokk the Law All alies within 15 re-roll WTF vs Arrest

There are a number of talents that get used alot - Accurate and Crack Shot are ones that are very popular and these tend to be rembered once you have played a few games. :)