Information Points

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
sjmiller
Weasel

Information Points

Postby sjmiller » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 am

I recently purchased the rulebook. While reading it, on page 17, it talks about Labs. There it says that Labs can be used to gather Information Points about another ship. The tricky part is, I have not seen anywhere that tells what these Information Points do. Can anyone help me with this?
Stephen J. Miller
Ancient Gamer and Curmudgeon
Traveller junkie since 1979
JohnDW
Banded Mongoose

Re: Information Points

Postby JohnDW » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:11 am

I have not seen a use for them as far as gameplay mechanics go. You could use information points as a victory condition in scenarios if you wanted to do something other than blow eachother up.
Pete
Weasel

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:41 am

Aye, they're the sort of thing that is useful in narrative scenarios or campaigns, but they don't have any impact in stand-up fights. They're used in the victory conditions for the scenarios Explore a Strange New World on p.29 of the rulebook and Recon Run on p.30.
sjmiller
Weasel

Postby sjmiller » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Pete wrote:Aye, they're the sort of thing that is useful in narrative scenarios or campaigns, but they don't have any impact in stand-up fights. They're used in the victory conditions for the scenarios Explore a Strange New World on p.29 of the rulebook and Recon Run on p.30.
Ok, that makes sense. I had not gotten that far yet in the book, but I am glad that they get used somewhere.
Stephen J. Miller
Ancient Gamer and Curmudgeon
Traveller junkie since 1979
Steve J
Shrew

Postby Steve J » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 pm

They will also be useful when some of the monster scenarios get converted to ACTA from FC.