Request for the next edition of the rulebook

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Request for the next edition of the rulebook

Postby billclo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Matt, would you please change the critical hit results chart a little? The changes I am referring to are the results (Impulse and/or Dilithium Hits) that reduce speed. The current results work fine if you have a ship that goes speed 12. They don't work so well with units that have the Slow trait.

A regular warship takes for example, 2 Impulse hits. It goes from 12 to 8. A slow unit goes from 8 to 8 - no reduction in speed). Upon the 4th hit, they go adrift, just like a warship. This progression makes little sense to me since civilian ships probably have less redundancy/robustness in their systems versus a warship. It also makes it very difficult to slow down a unit with the Slow trait (freighters mainly), whereas it's easy to slow down a regular warship to that same level.

This also impacts Fast ships, in that they go from 14 to 12 to 10, then upon the 4th Impulse hit, to adrift.

Would you possibly consider changing the Critical Hit results to read -2 from maximum speed, -4 from maximum speed, no change, adrift? Same with Dilithium hits that reduce speed, change them from speed reduced to X, to - X from maximum speed?

Thoughts, anyone?
Myrm
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Request for the next edition of the rulebook

Postby Myrm » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Civilian ships are a bit of a mishmash at the moment because of the old cargo boxes issue making them way to hard and then being dialled back a LOT. They really are extras to the system and not for general use. If a full supplement comes in then possibly a different critical table is needed.

This will be relevant for when you start to look at fleet auxiliaries and fleets that use a lot of those - ie the WYN.

As to the dial down of the speed - it depends upon the assumption as to energy usage.
archon96
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby archon96 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm

reading posts on the FC site I dont think were going to see a revised rule book until late next year.
We Gorn have a saying. "Romulans taste like chicken. Their finger licking good."
Allerka
Mongoose

Postby Allerka » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:44 pm

I was wondering about that too. I always just played it as -2 to max speed, regardless of what its original top speed was.
Lord Hastings
Shrew

Postby Lord Hastings » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm using the -2 for each, also -1 for those who like going in Reverse - which provided me a nasty shock when I'd forgotten about Reverse & was perfectly positioned for all forward and stationary turning, just forgot going backwards!
Lord Hastings
Ben2
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Ben2 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Has there been confirmation of a new rulebook, because if there has been, I've got some giant emails to send to Matt.
Old B5W developer and professional shut in.
Allerka
Mongoose

Postby Allerka » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Nope, just people wanting one.