Pricing Changes

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Pricing Changes

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Just to let everyone know and give some forewarning...

At the end of this month, many of the Judge Dredd models and sets will be going up in price slightly (typical model going to £4/$6). This is due to rising prices pretty much across the board in production, but we still feel this will give good value for a nicely produced licence range (and the rulebook remains free!).

This will also give you time to take advantage of the existing prices if you were planning a purchase!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Re: Pricing Changes

Postby Da Boss » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Can I order some stuff now and have it kept for me for the April event? I can also pick up the rest of my Kickstarter stuff then - save you having to post it out if it helps?
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:56 pm

You can - but it is really no hassle posting things :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Deathjester
Stoat

Postby Deathjester » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:44 pm

msprange wrote:but it is really no hassle posting things :)
Well I have just ordered all the Brit-Cit Judges and a couple of others. Could you send them out with my Kickstarter stuff and refund my postage :lol:
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Deathjester wrote: Well I have just ordered all the Brit-Cit Judges and a couple of others. Could you send them out with my Kickstarter stuff and refund my postage :lol:
I'll see what I can do.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
richred_uk
Weasel

Postby richred_uk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:51 pm

msprange wrote:Just to let everyone know and give some forewarning...

At the end of this month, many of the Judge Dredd models and sets will be going up in price slightly (typical model going to £4/$6).

Ouch that's a 33% price rise. Any chance of the RT Kickstarter having a possibility of adding some JD singles at a decent price or does that muck up the uniformity of sets that you are aiming for? Just that otherwise there's 2 competing demands for cash in the same month.

Rich
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:06 am

richred_uk wrote:
Ouch that's a 33% price rise. Any chance of the RT Kickstarter having a possibility of adding some JD singles at a decent price or does that muck up the uniformity of sets that you are aiming for? Just that otherwise there's 2 competing demands for cash in the same month.
The average box set will go from £22 to £25 - a much easier rise.

We won't be doing any Dredd singles on the RT KS. However...

We have talked about a possible 'mini-expansion' for Rogue Trooper that basically gives you full army lists for Mega-City One, so you can fight the Apocalypse War using RT rules, for example. _If_ we go ahead with that and _if_ there is sufficient interest, we may include some JD box sets in the choices for RT.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
richred_uk
Weasel

Postby richred_uk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 am

msprange wrote:The average box set will go from £22 to £25 - a much easier rise.
Hi Matt - certainly easier on the boxes, only thing is I got all of those in the KS lol - looks like I need to work out my singles order this month, or persuade you guys to do price deals on buying multiple singles say in batches of 10's so that they come closer to the boxed set pricing/ figure?

Thanks for the quick reply (and sorting out my missing cursed earth desperadoes last week)

Rich
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:58 am

richred_uk wrote: Hi Matt - certainly easier on the boxes, only thing is I got all of those in the KS lol - looks like I need to work out my singles order this month, or persuade you guys to do price deals on buying multiple singles say in batches of 10's so that they come closer to the boxed set pricing/ figure?
Regretably, I think I am probably going to have to say no on that one...
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
DyN
Mongoose

Postby DyN » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 pm

msprange wrote:We have talked about a possible 'mini-expansion' for Rogue Trooper that basically gives you full army lists for Mega-City One, so you can fight the Apocalypse War using RT rules, for example. _If_ we go ahead with that and _if_ there is sufficient interest, we may include some JD box sets in the choices for RT.
That would make me for one very happy - after the KS I could probably build a Justice Department Army and although I liked Rogue Trooper, extra factions (even non-canon) will add variety.
Doctor-Warlock
Stoat

Postby Doctor-Warlock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm

msprange wrote:We have talked about a possible 'mini-expansion' for Rogue Trooper that basically gives you full army lists for Mega-City One, so you can fight the Apocalypse War using RT rules, for example. _If_ we go ahead with that and _if_ there is sufficient interest, we may include some JD box sets in the choices for RT.
You should do it the "other way around" as well, have rules for RT Skirmishes using the JD rules.
I am Spartacus (apparently)
Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .
"The Perps were . . . . uncooperative . . . ."

MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Doctor-Warlock wrote: You should do it the "other way around" as well, have rules for RT Skirmishes using the JD rules.
Crossed our minds :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Doctor-Warlock
Stoat

Postby Doctor-Warlock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 pm

msprange wrote:
Doctor-Warlock wrote: You should do it the "other way around" as well, have rules for RT Skirmishes using the JD rules.
Crossed our minds :)
Thats alright then ;)
I am Spartacus (apparently)
Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .
"The Perps were . . . . uncooperative . . . ."

Sneaky Chris
Stoat

Postby Sneaky Chris » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm

RT Rules for JD Skirmish = Win for me!
Do you know what the chain of command is? Its the chain I go get and beat you with till you know whos in command!!!!!!
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Me too. I'm not really interested in collecting hordes of RT soldiers. But I would buy a few to play JD with.
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
cheetor
Mongoose

Postby cheetor » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Greg Smith wrote:Me too. I'm not really interested in collecting hordes of RT soldiers. But I would buy a few to play JD with.
My days of painting entire armies are over, although I am definitely interested in picking up one of each Rogue Trooper/Nu Earth related miniature available, as many as I can currently afford via the KS. Having a skirmish ruleset for those figures would be fantastic.

Arguably skirmish gaming represents the comic strip stories better than big battles anyway :)