Set Piece Firefights

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Set Piece Firefights

Postby MongooseMatt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Something new I have been wanting to add to Block War, but have not got round to yet...

Famous confrontations from the comic strips, rendered down to the tabletop - basically, special scenarios that will let you play out battles that happened in the Dredd comic.

Which battles would you like to see for this? And, please remember, they need to use existing models!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Surtur
Stoat

Re: Set Piece Firefights

Postby Surtur » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:31 pm

The robot rebellion, Call Me Kenneth vs Dredd.
Fattdex
Stoat

Postby Fattdex » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Lovely.
Cursed earth chapter 22 battle of the legion of the damned
Good opportunity for spikes on a bike.
cheetor
Mongoose

Postby cheetor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

An action relating to Judges clamping down on an illegal Supersurf would be cool.

Busting an illegal heavyweight eating contest could be a laugh too, and nothing says "Dredd" more than Judges being flattened by a fatty stampede :) I think that the title of the classic story about that was "Requiem for a Heavyweight".

I would love to see scenarios that somehow captured the procedural cop drama feel of some of the Dredd stories. It probably verges on RPG territory, but if it could somehow be captured on a miniatures table it would be fantastic.

The Anderson story "Possession" would make a good scenario or series of scenarios. It would be a great way to use the Cabal, Exorcist and Anderson models too.
Deathjester
Stoat

Postby Deathjester » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 am

How abouts Dredd's Apocalypse squad raiding the East Meg Bunker Complex during the Apocalypse war.

Or the joint Judge activities against Sabbat or during Crusade (if you really want to use the Vatican Judge :roll: ) sorry but I really wanted a Sino-Cit one :P