ACTA:SF fleet reference cards?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
doublenot7
Weasel

ACTA:SF fleet reference cards?

Postby doublenot7 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

What is the latest on these? I thought a few months ago they were just finishing up? I pre-ordered the cards and Fed dreadnought from a US retailer in Nov.11, approaching the one year anniversary.
Insert clever text here.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Re: ACTA:SF fleet reference cards?

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:39 pm

We apologise profusely for this - they are currently undergoing the approval process.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Lincolnlog
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Lincolnlog » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:03 pm

These cards were a missed opportunity for Mongoose. When Mongoose could not even provide a sample (didn't need perfection, just what the product was going to look like) I spent too much time and effort working on my own cards. And thanks to Stumonster, I lime my cards better than the Mongoose cards.
Allerka
Mongoose

Postby Allerka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 pm

http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?p=255

That's their preview article for the reference cards, which was published back in March.
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:28 pm

That was indeed an missed opportunity. I don't need them anymore.

I've moved on to creating my own, 3 to a sheet of paper with critical chart, master weapon chart. Suitable for large fleet battles without looking though a pile of single ship sheets.
Last edited by billclo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
archon96
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby archon96 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:10 am

yea pretty much moved on myself.
We Gorn have a saying. "Romulans taste like chicken. Their finger licking good."
GamerDude
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GamerDude » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:22 am

While I understand having moved on especially if you look at the blog link of March 23rd - the cards are nice - but in the post it says "due to go off to print in a few days".

So like many I have moved to using a combination of fan tools by other people and some of my own stuff, I'm still interested in the Mongoose cards, especially if they come in a PDF as this will allow me to print off what I need instead of a deck of one copy of each (or however it is going to work).
steelbrok
Banded Mongoose

Postby steelbrok » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:18 am

I'de be interested in a Noble Armada version
Lincolnlog
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Lincolnlog » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:57 am

Allerka wrote:http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?p=255

That's their preview article for the reference cards, which was published back in March.
A preview was requested as soon as it was announced (in Dec or Jan). People were already well into playing by March. By then had a complete set of cards that hours were spent on creating. Like I said missed opportunity.
tlee33
Stoat

Postby tlee33 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Lincolnlog wrote:
Allerka wrote:http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?p=255

A preview was requested as soon as it was announced (in Dec or Jan). People were already well into playing by March. By then had a complete set of cards that hours were spent on creating. Like I said missed opportunity.
yep, I've already created my own too so I'm not going to be buying these.
Renny
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Renny » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Agreed. If the ship cards had been available when the game was fresh out, I would have bought a set. Like most players by now, i've had to come up with my own alternative and will not be buying these. Now Stumonsters' fleet creator, I would pay for.
Trek is not dead...it's merely resting!
psminson
Cub

Postby psminson » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:05 am

I created a two-sided quick reference sheet that Amarillo Design Bureau has put up on their ACTA:Star Fleet webpage with Mongoose's permission. Here's a link:
ACTA:SF Quick Reference Sheet

Regards,
Paul
psminson
Cub

Postby psminson » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:18 pm

New version of ACTA:SF quick reference sheet posted today on Amarillo Design Bureau's website. It has two minor corrections in the ship and weapon properties. A revision date has been added in the unlikely event that a further update is needed.
Here's a direct link: ACTA:Star Fleet Quick Reference Sheet

Regards,
Paul
GamerDude
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GamerDude » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:27 pm

psminson wrote:I created a two-sided quick reference sheet that Amarillo Design Bureau has put up on their ACTA:Star Fleet webpage with Mongoose's permission. Here's a link:
ACTA:SF Quick Reference Sheet

Regards,
Paul
That's a nice sheet - I use the one Mongoose had on the store page for the game. A little bit more info, flows better when playing the game, and isn't quite so loudly in your face (colors). Worked quite well at Gencon.
Al B. [B-)
Say what's that, a new game? M-U-S-T   B-U-Y G-A-M-E!

The first, Since 9/2008, MGT-Aids@yahoogroups.com
psminson
Cub

Postby psminson » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks. The colors on mine are to make it easier to find the appropriate special action marker (we have ours separated into 3 different colors that correspond to the colors on the QR sheet: red, green, and blue), and to group related charts by color of the titles. When I was introduced to ACTA:SF there was no longer a QR sheet available on the store page for the rules. So I started developing one for our local group. The one I finally got from Mongoose was no longer current with the game rules, and had a number of typos and layout issues on it. It was also not very printer friendly (i.e., used a lot of ink!) for those on a budget. If they gave it a good update and editing pass, it would be fine. But until then, I needed one so I made one. :)

Regards,
Paul
GamerDude
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GamerDude » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:42 am

I used the one from the Mongoose site at Gencon, worked quite well... but yes it is very ink heavy lots of very wide bold borders and such.

Funny note: At Gencon I pointed out to Matt that the "Attack Results" chart (0 = bulkhead no dam, 2-5 one hull, 6 one hull and critical chart) really is a damage chart as your initial roll is the 'attack roll' and this one should be like "Hull Hit Results Chart" or something.

He replied "you're the first person in 7 years to make that point".

Oh well, I also caught a problem with a Pinnicle "printer friendly" PDF for Deadlands Reloaded that went unnoticed by the staff, editors, proofreaders, play testers, purchasers for about 4 years before I reported it (Much to their surprise, got me a free copy of the updated PDF).
Al B. [B-)
Say what's that, a new game? M-U-S-T   B-U-Y G-A-M-E!

The first, Since 9/2008, MGT-Aids@yahoogroups.com
doublenot7
Weasel

Postby doublenot7 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Getting closer to that one year anniversary of pre-order. :(
Insert clever text here.
doublenot7
Weasel

Postby doublenot7 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:14 pm

So, now we are going on or past the 2 year mark? Still no fleet cards??? :shock:

Disappointment does not even come close.
Insert clever text here.
LimeyDragon
Banded Mongoose

Postby LimeyDragon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 pm

I do know that the Romulan, Federation, Klingon and Gorn are all available on DriveThrurpg.com as pdf files to be bought and downloaded.. (I got them all, they look great and the federation has been updated for free once already). But as for MGP making a physical deck of cards nothing has gone to print yet to my knowledge.
Mongoose Infantry Demo Team - Oklahoma
---------------------------------------------------------
ACTA: Noble Armada Cheat Sheet Front and Back
ACTA: Star Fleet Cheat Sheet Front and Back
Iain McGhee
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Iain McGhee » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:12 am

Heh, I've had a set on order from when they were first put up for preorder :)

SVC over at ADB has passed all but the general unit cards for release (he mentioned it when someone asked about them over on their forum), not sure why they haven't at least turned up as downloads like the first four as yet unless MGP just hasn't had the time to finish them off.