[ACTA:SF] Attn: Firing Arc sticker potential purchasers

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
GamerDude
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: [ACTA:SF] Attn: Firing Arc sticker potential purchasers

Postby GamerDude » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:46 am

How have the stickers held up so far? (nothing like buying a bunch of stickers that the printing rubbing off after a bit.)
Al B. [B-)
Say what's that, a new game? M-U-S-T   B-U-Y G-A-M-E!

The first, Since 9/2008, MGT-Aids@yahoogroups.com
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:24 am

GamerDude wrote:How have the stickers held up so far? (nothing like buying a bunch of stickers that the printing rubbing off after a bit.)
Well the ones on my minis have had only light use (6 games), but show no signs of wear. Scoutdad or Mckinstry could better vouch for that aspect as they probably have much more use on theirs.
McKinstry
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby McKinstry » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:14 pm

billclo wrote:
GamerDude wrote:How have the stickers held up so far? (nothing like buying a bunch of stickers that the printing rubbing off after a bit.)
Well the ones on my minis have had only light use (6 games), but show no signs of wear. Scoutdad or Mckinstry could better vouch for that aspect as they probably have much more use on theirs.
Mine have been in 25+ games over 4+ months plus had time sitting in a hot car and I've noticed no issues.
jjtaylor37
Cub

Postby jjtaylor37 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm interested in two fleet boxes (32) stickers. Let me know how to go about ordering them. Thanks for making these available!

Jeff Taylor

jjtaylor37@yahoo.com
scoutdad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby scoutdad » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Mine have been through a few dozen games, a three-day convention, storage, and have the ship IDs marked on them and erased every game, and no problems so far.
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Went down to the print shop early this AM.

Stickers are on order, unknown delivery date but probably either Friday or early next week.

DaBoss and Croaker:
The printer is going to make up a couple 30mm stickers with the same size center hole (for the post), and I'll post pics of the standard base and 30mm base side by side when I get them. If you all can scrounge up orders for at least 200, I can have them made up for you (unless you're willing to pay more than the regular rate for them and get a smaller batch made up). Maybe some other B5 players might want some?
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks for checking that out :)

I'd be looking for about 50 max for myself so hopefully others will be looking for some or its not a big hike for a smaller amount?

:)
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Da Boss wrote:Thanks for checking that out :)

I'd be looking for about 50 max for myself so hopefully others will be looking for some or its not a big hike for a smaller amount?

:)
Well if I get 100 made, the price I pay for them goes up by about 50%. They roll the setup charge into the cost/sticker. So I always pay the setup charge regardless of the order size; the bigger the order is the more the setup charge is spread across more and more stickers.

I will probably cross-post the pics of the standard and smaller stickers in several message areas that B5 players frequent and see if it helps generate any interest in the smaller ones (though interest in the large ones is fine as well).
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:08 pm

so about $1.50 a sticker - I can probably handle that if need be :)
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Da Boss wrote:so about $1.50 a sticker - I can probably handle that if need be :)
Well I could probably absorb some of the extra cost most likely, such that $1.25/sticker would be more likely for a small order.
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks very kind - lets see if we can get anyone else interested :)

$1.25 is fine if need be
GamerDude
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GamerDude » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 am

I just got my first two flee boxes today, and my wife has the letter to send off...

I'll want for at least 4 fleet boxes, so 64 for $60 yes?
Al B. [B-)
Say what's that, a new game? M-U-S-T   B-U-Y G-A-M-E!

The first, Since 9/2008, MGT-Aids@yahoogroups.com
Sgt. Brassones
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Location: Buena Park, California, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Known Universe

Postby Sgt. Brassones » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:50 am

Just sent you a PM. I'll be wanting 50 stickers.
Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts.

Cicero
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 am

GamerDude wrote:I just got my first two flee boxes today, and my wife has the letter to send off...

I'll want for at least 4 fleet boxes, so 64 for $60 yes?
Yes, plus shipping (should be $1.50). Let's take this to PM to finalize everything.
sqir666
Cub

Postby sqir666 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm interested in these, but I'll be waiting to see what the smaller ones look like, as I'll be using these for Noble Armada until I can get a fleet box.
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:23 am

Okay guys, I have the prototype small base (30mm) stickers. I am putting up a couple pics to whet your appetite and to better judge how many people want so I can order an appropriate amount. I will make an significant size order to keep the price I pay per sticker close to what it is for the large stickers. It's a small gamble, but you guys haven't let me down yet. :)

Pricing will be $.85 USD each. I will have a better idea of shipping cost once I have a bunch on hand and can weight them with an envelope.

I am ordering some small bases from Mongoose now that I know the project is doable and should sell decently. I'll post more pics once I have actual production stickers on hand, and will show them mounted on some bases.

The central hole is the same size; it doesn't look like it in the pics, but once you have the stickers in front of you, it's apparent. It does remove a very small amount of the central black area, but I don't think it's significant.

Also, the regular large size stickers are back in stock and I am processing orders. If you haven't contacted me to arrange payment, now would be a good time. :)

Here you go:

Shows how legible they are at a decent distance. They are very slightly more blurry than the regular ones due to the smaller size and the printer's equipment limitations. I will probably have to reduce their size one or two mm more (3/32nds approx), but need bases to measure first.

Last edited by billclo on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sqir666
Cub

Postby sqir666 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:28 am

Color me very interested.

Please keep me informed as to when you get all the final issues resolved. I know I'll be buying a few of those for my Li Halan fleet.
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 am

looks good - am still interested in the 50 small bases please.

thanks again
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:20 pm

sqir666 wrote:Color me very interested.

Please keep me informed as to when you get all the final issues resolved. I know I'll be buying a few of those for my Li Halan fleet.
Croaker wrote:I'd like to at least get a set or two of these myself, especially if you're also doing the 30mm ones...
Both of you guys,

Any rough idea as to how many small and large stickers you'd be interested in? The large are back in stock for now.
Allerka
Mongoose

Postby Allerka » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 pm

I'd love three batches of 16 of these! I've been drawing/painting the firing arcs on my bases (tweaked for each ship individually since some lack certain arcs), but these definitely look a lot better.