Kzinti Timescale

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
astronomypete
Stoat

Kzinti Timescale

Postby astronomypete » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi Matt, any update on the timescale for the Kzintis?
nekomata fuyu
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Kzinti Timescale

Postby nekomata fuyu » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:32 pm

I understand the release schedule is pretty up to date:
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/releaseschedule
Keep Death off the roads - clamp Binky!

Wanted: Federation Fast Cruisers (PM with offers)
astronomypete
Stoat

Postby astronomypete » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:11 pm

I was hoping to narrow it down, to plan finances, rather than 5 - 36 days away.
Ben2
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Ben2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 pm

astronomypete wrote:I was hoping to narrow it down, to plan finances, rather than 5 - 36 days away.
You can either pre order and wait (and risk tying up your money for a few weeks) or hold on till the end of July (and I imagine the next pay packet). I'd bet on back half of the month, though I picked up two Fed Reinforcements boxes last month at the gaming expo.

It might be available at the tournament (but not in sufficient stock numbers to mark as available or start filling all the pre-orders and nothing will piss people off more than filling only a certain percentage of pre-orders). If you're going, or know someone who is, then they might be able to pick it up for you.

Are you after the squadron box or the fleet?
Old B5W developer and professional shut in.
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 am

You mean pre-order and wait a month or two or three, don't you? Or wait to order items which are "in stock", and still wait over a month?
Iain McGhee
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Iain McGhee » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:00 am

Yes, curse Mongoose for not investing in crystal balls, replicators and transporter devices.
Stumonster
Stoat

Postby Stumonster » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:42 am

Just curious, Iain: Do you work for Mongoose? I think Billclo is just expressing the frustration a lot of us feel when we order items "in Stock" and then wait for months to get them. I ordered a Federation and Klingon fleet box at the end of April -- not a pre-order by any means. I still do not have them yet. Two months later. Now, my money has been gone since a few days after I ordered. I have been exchanging email with Matt for 3 weeks now, and supposedly the fleet sets went out last Monday. Still no ship confirmation email, so I am not going to hold my breath. (Which means it will probably arrive tomorrow, right?)
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby tneva82 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 am

Stumonster wrote:Just curious, Iain: Do you work for Mongoose?
Or maybe he's tired of of all the negative complaining going on here. It sure has caused my interest for the game to start dying. Not the delays. Not anything mongoose does. But all the whining the supposed "fans" of the game are doing. When all you see here is "whine whine whine complain whine some more" it makes you think "why bother".
皆と友達ができませんが皆に友好的ができます

You can't be friend with everybody but you can be friendly to everybody
Iain McGhee
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Iain McGhee » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:09 am

The latter.
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:27 am

tneva82 wrote:
Or maybe he's tired of of all the negative complaining going on here. It sure has caused my interest for the game to start dying. Not the delays. Not anything mongoose does. But all the whining the supposed "fans" of the game are doing. When all you see here is "whine whine whine complain whine some more" it makes you think "why bother".
Well all they have to do is get their act together and we paying customers will stop complaining. I've earned the right to whine a bit, what with having spent over $600USD on the game. I can live with a pre-order being a bit slow to ship, but when I order something that is listed as "in stock", I kind of expect shipment in a reasonable time-frame, not some indefinite date in the future. Not "real soon now, er when we get around to it". If they aren't caught up on production, either list the items as "backordered" or stop taking orders for them until they are caught up.

One should not have to nag the owner of the company multiple times over a period of weeks to ship what I've paid for ASAP, not "when we feel like it". Even getting Matt involved doesn't seem to spur much action on the part of the shipping dept. And this has happened EVERY time I've ordered from Mongoose. It's not an anomaly...

I thought the switch to metal minis was supposed to eliminate the production backlogs and delays?

In any event, I should be whining a lot less now, since I will only be ordering from ADB in the future; it's easier on the blood pressure, and you guys won't have to listen to me whine about not receiving paid-for merchandise for months. I just don't find the Mexican style corporate (manana, manana, manana) mindset to be acceptable.

Or if the whining bothers you, Tevna and Ian, you can always: Put your fingers in your ears and hum real loud, or just put us whiners on the "foe list" and you won't have to see it anymore.
Last edited by billclo on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ben2
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Ben2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 am

If they are available at the tournament, and you aren't going and my health improves to the point where I am, if you just want a squadron box I can pick one up for you and pop it in the post.
Old B5W developer and professional shut in.
H
Chief Mongoose

Postby H » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 am

tneva82 wrote:
I concur

their are two partners in this venture, and no doubt contracted companies as well. All the constant whining is doing is giving the game a bad name, turning customers away, meaning less new players, instead leaving the ADB gang as the only players, though maybe thats what you want. Yes Mongoose are responsible for production, and yes their seem to be delays, and yes, this is annoying, but so is the fact that we get changes requested from adb after playtest, so is the delay to the PDF as ADB ask for changes, but am I on the adb forum badmouthing them? no, because these things unfortunately happen. The complaints come from the same group of people time and again, and if you really think Mongoose are so dire, buy the 2400 line from ADB, in fact, why order any 2500 ships at all? increase in quality (ok, dodgy one, but the 2400 minis i have seen are dismal), increase in detail, improvements in design?
now then, who will call me a mongoose fanboi first off? because I know how you feel, I have no PDF rulebook, I have no Gorn fleet, and I once waited 12 months for a ship (i became famous for it), and I have been banned off the forum 3 times.
All I can say is despite the issues ongoing, B5 was generally well run, their were few delays and quality was pretty decent, and I honestly wish that that licence was still alive. but it's not, it's a brave new world, lets get behind it together
I AM RONIN!
astronomypete
Stoat

Postby astronomypete » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:57 am

Good grief, all I wanted was an approximate date for the first shipping.
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby tneva82 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 am

billclo wrote:
Well all they have to do is get their act together and we paying customers will stop complaining. I've earned the right to whine a bit, what with having spent over $600USD on the game. I can live with a pre-order being a bit slow to ship, but when I order something that is listed as "in stock", I kind of expect shipment in a reasonable time-frame, not some indefinite date in the future. Not "real soon now, er when we get around to it". If they aren't caught up on production, either list the items as "backordered" or stop taking orders for them until they are caught up.
Complaining fine, all-whine-no-constructive-thing not that useful. All you are creating is making sure odds of game being success grow smaller...

Also guess you haven't bought stuff from that many companies if you think this is bad. There's bucketload of much worse companies. This bad? Think waiting over a year.

Compared to many companies Mongoose is walk in the park.

But question: Do you want game to succeed or fail?

From your actions guess you want it to fail.

But yeh good idea on the foe list. Yet another name to the list. Much more easier to find actually useful and interesting stuff when no need for n+134423423423423'th complain from same handful of guys.
Last edited by tneva82 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
皆と友達ができませんが皆に友好的ができます

You can't be friend with everybody but you can be friendly to everybody
Renny
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Renny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 am

Be careful what you wish for, astronomypete :D
Trek is not dead...it's merely resting!
H
Chief Mongoose

Postby H » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:00 am

astronomypete wrote:Good grief, all I wanted was an approximate date for the first shipping.
yeah, but if their is a post to jump on for a whine, some people will grab it in their hands like they do with their manhood on a lonesome friday night
I AM RONIN!
Renny
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Renny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am

Snigger :D
Trek is not dead...it's merely resting!
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 am

astronomypete wrote:Hi Matt, any update on the timescale for the Kzintis?
Production moulds being finished this week, all going well - then it is into the main manufacturing! We have to take care of a few other things (like making sure ADB has a decent stock of the miniatures they have a partnership in), but watch this space, as it won't be long now!

Oh, and apparently the first of the new Gorn ships is already on its way to both us here in the UK and ADB, so they are chugging along too.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:26 am

tneva82 wrote:
billclo wrote: But question: Do you want game to succeed or fail?

From your actions guess you want it to fail.
Hmm...let's see, invested that much money in the game, still spending...I'm recruiting players, going to be running demos at semi-local stores, and convention games on my dime. Guess I want it to fail huh? You fail in comprehension.

But you're right, I should just stop complaining and bend over and take what I'm given and be grateful for the slow slow service. Maybe those new players will just say gee, great game, too bad you can't get miniatures for it without waiting months, and move on to something else. This has happened with 2 of my recruits; they both liked the game, but balked when informed about how long they'd have to wait to get minis (the store won't stock minis until I build up "enough of a player base", and I can't blame them). So that's 2 recruits not playing, and 4 fleet boxes not bought.

I want the game to succeed. But the problems with Mongoose won't go away if people don't complain.

In any event, I'm done complaining, as obviously it does no good.
Last edited by billclo on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Digger
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Digger » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:29 am

Ladies Please! Blimey it will be handbags at 12 noon next! Sheesh! :roll:
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges - Marcus Tullius Cicero, Circa 52BC