ACTA: SF Personalities

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

ACTA: SF Personalities

Postby Da Boss » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Right another background quesition SFU unique personalities

Who are the cool people in the SFU that compare with such SciFi characters as:

Kirk, Sheridan, Sinclair, Ivanova, Ari’Shan, Adama, Blake, Avon, Han Solo, Starbuck, Jack O'Neil, Sam Carter, Aeryn Sun, too many to list for BattleTech etc etc

So far I have found

Captain Kosnett of the Kongo, (Feds)
Kumerian (Klingons)
Deth O’Kay (Orions)

So who am I missing and are there stats for them - given that there seems to be an awful lot of effort to produce models of "unique" ships in the SFU - the hybrid Klingon /Tholan and Klingon/Orion ships..........I assume there are rules for the cool unique peronalities who make the diffrerence?

Surely there are some women getting out there and kicking ass as well?
Jean
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: ACTA: SF Personalities

Postby Jean » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:52 am

Da Boss, we haven't statted up those characters for the PD games.

There are lots of famous people. Many of them are listed here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/documents/Timeline.pdf

I know of Ketrick and Kerg of the IKV Thunderchild.

Females also include

Princess Sangfroid (Klingon) who has an order named for her.

Olivette Roche (Human) the (in)famous writer and trivideo producer.

(I'm fond of Joan Soxton, but then I am biased :) )

There is the Black Eagles Prime Team.

Captain's Log #16 has a nice list of people.

Does that help?

Jean

[Edited to fix the typo pointed out below.]
Last edited by Jean on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Iron Domokun
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Iron Domokun » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Jean, you posted a typo: it's Princess Sangfroid, as in cold-blooded. Given that you have two or three orders of Princess Sangfroid, you really should have gotten that one right :)

If you download the adventure for Free RPG day (cost you a few bucks on e23), it has stats for some typical adventurers in the SFU. Dread Pirate Aldo, and there's the other one (Starship Aldo?)

Quite a few women get a mention in the SFU, the "famous" ones being mostly ship captains and like that. From the fiction, there's Captain Merrin Hunter, who IIRC served as a heavy cruiser captain on the Romulan border. The captain of the CF Eagle who led the battle to defeat Juggernaut Beta was a woman, although her name escapes me. She also was captain of the Eagle at the beginning of the General War, and participated in the raids that derailed the Klingon attack on Starbase 15. If Starbase 15 had fallen, the Klingon invasion might well have succeeded. There's a female commander (a Romulan) in the fiction in Prime Directive Romulans. The captain of the Klingon battleship Insatiable was Karilyn Khambers, a female warrior-caste Klingon. Wanekla is a warrior-caste Klingon commando featured in the story Mutiny on the Demonslayer. The majority of Hydran fighter pilots are females. There are many characters in the fiction who are female.
Jean
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Jean » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Dread Pirate Aldo and Starship Aldo include characters. For Dread Pirate, those are the characters in the Feds book. Starship Aldo is entirely new.

Planet Aldo is based off the core RB and I don't know off the top of my head if all of those stats are included in the Free RPG module.

And thanks for the typo catch. :oops:
Jean
---
ADB, Inc. RPG Line Editor
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Right thanks thats useful - I had got some from the timelines but not alot of them.

So no stats for any of them in SFB or FC for them then? Wierd?
Nerroth
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nerroth » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Not so much in FC, but SFB has rules for various types of legendary officers (captains, navigators, engineers et al) and higher (or lower) qualities of crew. No naming of names in the actual rules, but certain published scenarios featuring this or that famed individual will say what, if any, rules that character makes use of.

(For example, one of the scenarios in SFB Advanced Missions includes, among others, the starship Kongo, then serving as a command cruiser, and its now-Commodore Phillip Kosnett. The special rules in the scenario notes list the ship as having an Outstanding Crew and a Legendary Captain; the rules in question are not specifically for him or his crew, but also for others which are listed in other scenarios as meeting the in-universe requirements.)

Although, I suspect seeing individual stats for certain characters of note might really be more of a thing for PD: Traveller, perhaps.
The above post is 100% unofficial.
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Oh right - ACTA has previously had specific rules for personalities / Admirals which were quite fun.