Official Errata from Mongoose?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Lincolnlog
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Official Errata from Mongoose?

Postby Lincolnlog » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Any word on when the Errata sheets will be available?
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Re: Official Errata from Mongoose?

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Hopefully a little later this week - just waiting to hear comments from the guys at Amarillo.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Lincolnlog
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Lincolnlog » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Great...
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Hopefully any changes due to not being exactly the same as in SFU are also looked at from a points cost as well as "making the games the same"

ie from my favoured fleet no:

Giving the C8 Command +1 for free - its roughly a 25pt ability
Dropping the enhanced phasers on the D7C with no points cost drop....
Last edited by Da Boss on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asguard101
Mongoose

Postby Asguard101 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm not sure abotu that 25pt of command.

I don't have my book in front of, so I can't tell you which to ships I was lookign at, but there was two ships, each had a command option for 25 points. One was just a command and the other was a command and 2 Phaser-1s, and yet they where both 25 points. :?:
Builder
Mongoose
Location: Try not to die because of lack of oxygen and enjoy the eight month trip across the space.

Postby Builder » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Asguard101 wrote:I'm not sure abotu that 25pt of command.

I don't have my book in front of, so I can't tell you which to ships I was lookign at, but there was two ships, each had a command option for 25 points. One was just a command and the other was a command and 2 Phaser-1s, and yet they where both 25 points. :?:
There are two fed ships and the Kzinti NHC that you can buy command for that are 25 or 30pts, that give you a couple more dice of phasors or in the Kzinti's case a dice of drones. The Kzinti Battle cruiser however pays 25pts for +1 command but that's all it gets for it.
Down the street, third door on the left.
Up the ladder, third floor, right hand corridor, 6 doors down.
Through the door, across the field with the space cows to the lamp post.
Climb the lamp post and jump directly upwards.
Land on the bicycle.
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Like I said "roughly" 25pts ;) Some ships get a slightly better deal for the points.

The primary point was you can't just say "some ships should (or should not) have x, y or Z system because its says so in SFB/FC" and not look at the points cost as well.
Asguard101
Mongoose

Postby Asguard101 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Pesonally I would have said if it has Flag Bridges then it should have gotten the Command Trait.
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Fair enough but if so needs to cost 25pts more :) or loose something (i could live without the phasers 2 but they are not worth 25pts)

I'd just have it as a optional upgrade - easiest fix.
GalagaGalaxian
Banded Mongoose

Postby GalagaGalaxian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Asguard101 wrote:Pesonally I would have said if it has Flag Bridges then it should have gotten the Command Trait.
The problem here is that in "fluff", Klingon command vessels don't have separate flag bridges, just one very large bridge. Klingon Admirals are expected to personally command their flagship into battle like any other captain, so the command and control facilities other races have in flag bridges are folded into the standard bridge.
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:34 pm

GalagaGalaxian wrote:
Asguard101 wrote:Pesonally I would have said if it has Flag Bridges then it should have gotten the Command Trait.
The problem here is that in "fluff", Klingon command vessels don't have separate flag bridges, just one very large bridge. Klingon Admirals are expected to personally command their flagship into battle like any other captain, so the command and control facilities other races have in flag bridges are folded into the standard bridge.
So that makes it even easier - the upgrade is actually just a Klingon Admiral taking the bridge
Clanger
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Clanger » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 pm

A + 1 Command is worth 25 points as a + 1 Initiative is quite good.

As general rule of thumb Command is 25 points, 1AD is 5 points.
In shock of coming 2nd in a tourney :D I WAS ROBBED!!! of 1st place :D

CTA Playtester
Garydee
Stoat

Postby Garydee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Personally, I would like for the Klingon dreadnaught's hull points decreased and then be given the command trait. That would make it more consistent across the board.
Iain McGhee
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Iain McGhee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Da Boss wrote:Hopefully any changes due to not being exactly the same as in SFU are also looked at from a points cost as well as "making the games the same"

Dropping the enhanced phasers on the D7C with no points cost drop....
If the D7C's altered it shouldn't lose the extra phaser-1s, it should be losing two phaser-2s instead (which they replace in SFB). Which is what they were referring to over on the ADB BBS.
GalagaGalaxian
Banded Mongoose

Postby GalagaGalaxian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Da Boss wrote:
GalagaGalaxian wrote:
So that makes it even easier - the upgrade is actually just a Klingon Admiral taking the bridge
Except the Klingon Command vessels' oversized bridges still have all the same fleet C&C equipment that other race's command bridges have. They still have "flag bridges" from a certain point of view.

I can't really explain this better besides saying "in the fluff", without going into detail of why that fluff was written, which has to do with Klingon specific rules and systems in Star Fleet Battles, and its eventual translation to Federation Commander. If someone wants that explanation I can give it, but I know just going "well in SFB/FedCom..." uninvited annoys some people around here.
Sgt_G
Banded Mongoose

Postby Sgt_G » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 pm

I'd have to re-check the background info, but I do beleive the C7 should also have Command function as it was the ultimate upgrade of the D7 series, just as the Fed BCG / BCJ was the ultimate CA upgrade.
Garth L. Getgen

The above post is my personal opinion; I do not work for ADB or Mongoose.

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Doesn't automatically grant the Command trait, I am afraid :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:59 pm

ignoring SFB for a moment - do the Klingon and Kzinti Dreadnoughts get some kind of Command bonus in Federation Commander (the prmary source as I understand it for ACTA) which should have been translated across?

It does seem like there is some confuission about the fluff so would it not be better to have the Klingon Dreadnought at present state and an option to upgrade (for 25pts) to have a commnd version, a commander on board, better version or whatever fluff reason works - sorts out the issue? Same thing with the Kzinti?

re the D7C - Sorry I may well have misunderstood but talking from ACTA game point of view the D7C is not overpointed, IMO and the upgrade is fairly consistant in terms of points with other upgrades - like the Chicago Class upgrade.
Sgt_G
Banded Mongoose

Postby Sgt_G » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:06 pm

So, would you be okay with it being +25 points instead, like the Fed CA -> CC is +25 for Command and changing the Aft phasers to 360? I would agree with that, but -my- vote doesnt' count for much. ;-)
Garth L. Getgen

The above post is my personal opinion; I do not work for ADB or Mongoose.

Postby Da Boss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:16 pm

My vote is equally unimportant :P

I'd keep it as it is - actually I'd rather just add 25pts to a D6 and have Command +1 - much more useful ship for 175pts than the D7 :)

If it just lost the two Phaser 2's for 2 phaser 1's it would not be the end of the world and as the only Command choice its still somewhat attractive - I guess the Klingons are no big on such ships?

I hope there are a few more Command options in the first supplement if not I'll have to make them up :)