Where now? A Brainstorming Thread.

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Sgt_G
Banded Mongoose

Re: Where now? A Brainstorming Thread.

Postby Sgt_G » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Somebody suggested such limitations be for campaigns, not pick-up games, and I have to agree with that idea.
Last edited by Sgt_G on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garth L. Getgen

The above post is my personal opinion; I do not work for ADB or Mongoose.
Location: Try not to die because of lack of oxygen and enjoy the eight month trip across the space.

Postby Builder » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 pm

This is a minor point but one that I shall make, while doing fleets I sometimes have some points left over and quite often 25pts fits in nicely to that, so I whack the variant on for the extra phasors and command because I have spare points. This type of thing is what happens in points based games because why leave yourself 25pts short of your max when there is the option to spend those points.
Down the street, third door on the left.
Up the ladder, third floor, right hand corridor, 6 doors down.
Through the door, across the field with the space cows to the lamp post.
Climb the lamp post and jump directly upwards.
Land on the bicycle.
starbreaker
Banded Mongoose

Postby starbreaker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Nomad wrote:The main restriction on fielding ships at present is likely to be the contents - and scarcity - of the miniatures boxes.
Maybe in a tourney, nowhere else. Plenty of other ways to field the ships you want to field. Proxies. Kitbashes. Starline 2400 minis. Illegal IP-infringing knockoffs from Shapeways or garage casters.
Nomad
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nomad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Illegal IP-infringing knockoffs from Shapeways
Good Lord, I would never sink so low.

...yeah, right :D

@Builder - that's fine. What I'm concerned about is whole flotillas deliberately constructed of command ships, simply because this is an abuse I've run across in the past, and currently, in ACtA there's nothing to prevent it (in the SFU, there *is*).
Women and Captains first!
GalagaGalaxian
Banded Mongoose

Postby GalagaGalaxian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Well there is always the "See this is why I don't play wargames with you Rob." defense. I have a few people ay my local gamestores I refuse to play with cause they're "who cares about fun, these games are about winning at all costs." gamers.

Of course, that doesn't help tournaments, and its always nice to have things "official".