Fed squadron and fleet now up for pre-order

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Re: Fed squadron and fleet now up for pre-order

Postby lastbesthope » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:05 pm

msprange wrote:
lastbesthope wrote: What about a £99.98 order, say a fleet + Squadron box, only 2 p short, would that qualify for the free model?
Now, I know you work in a technical profession :) Since when does 99.98 equal 100? :)
I know it doesn't, but it seems a bummer to m iss out on it for the sake of 2p.

Fine, fine, RAW i t is then

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Finlos
Banded Mongoose

Postby Finlos » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:30 pm

msprange wrote:
Finlos wrote:The question I'm sure now on everyone's mind: When do the pre-orders ship?? :)
They will start to go out in about two weeks time - we are watching demand carefully (yeah, it looks like this game is going to be quite popular :)), but place your order this month and we will certainly guarantee it before Christmas, wherever you are in the world, and however great the demand.
Very nice, thanks! My pre-order has already been placed so I'm looking forward to getting my hands not only on the game, but also on these new minis as well. :)

I'm hoping you'll also make available to us Border Boxes with the 2500 range of minis. Demand is certainly there from what I've been able to read. With the current range of minis planned you're already set up for boxes #1-4 (almost like someone planned it that way... :)) with plenty of room to expand with boxes #5-10 in the future.
Poi
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Poi » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Klingon and Romulan Border boxes are due in March http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/releaseschedule
Poi

Honk if Pluto is a planet
Finlos
Banded Mongoose

Postby Finlos » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm

And I was just looking there, guess I didn't scroll down far enough. I can see where most of my gaming budget will be going for the next few months....
Ben2
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Ben2 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm more pleased at the additional 9 squadron boxes. I'm guessing these will be available in stores?
Old B5W developer and professional shut in.
Spence
Mongoose

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 am

msprange wrote:
Finlos wrote:The question I'm sure now on everyone's mind: When do the pre-orders ship?? :)
They will start to go out in about two weeks time - we are watching demand carefully (yeah, it looks like this game is going to be quite popular :)), but place your order this month and we will certainly guarantee it before Christmas, wherever you are in the world, and however great the demand.
Modification to Finlos question. When can we expect everything to actually hit the distributors and the FLGS? Most of the local gaming is at the FLGS so I tend to purchase via the store.
Iron Domokun
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Iron Domokun » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:52 am

Is this only available from Mongoose directly? I prefer to support my local mob where I can (I'm in Australia). If not, oh well :cry: I'll get my minis from the Aussie distributor anyway...
Nerroth
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nerroth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:56 am

Speaking of distributors, I'm wondering about how much of the ACtA:SF material will be picked up by the vendors up here in Canada. (I've had trouble trying to get the ACtA:NA book via my FLGS.)
The above post is 100% unofficial.
Finlos
Banded Mongoose

Postby Finlos » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:37 am

Nerroth wrote:Speaking of distributors, I'm wondering about how much of the ACtA:SF material will be picked up by the vendors up here in Canada. (I've had trouble trying to get the ACtA:NA book via my FLGS.)
Are you anywhere near Ottawa? I can recommend at least one good gaming store if you are, possibly two.

edit: took out option 2...
Nerroth
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nerroth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:42 am

I'm in Toronto; but it's not the FLGS so much as it is (was) the distibutors on this side of the border.
Finlos
Banded Mongoose

Postby Finlos » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:48 am

I see the problem now. All FLGS in Ontario can't use the same distributor, can they??
Nerroth
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nerroth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 am

I don't know the full details, but I suppose the more stores which are in a position to carry the game (and which actually want to, for that matter), the better.
AdmiralGrafSpee
Banded Mongoose

Postby AdmiralGrafSpee » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:44 am

Nerroth wrote:I don't know the full details, but I suppose the more stores which are in a position to carry the game (and which actually want to, for that matter), the better.
I'm not having any issues ordering ACTASF here in Vancouver - however I am special ordering it at a store - not sure if they'll be bringing stock in other than special order.

-Tim
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 am

Spence wrote:
Modification to Finlos question. When can we expect everything to actually hit the distributors and the FLGS? Most of the local gaming is at the FLGS so I tend to purchase via the store.
Likely around the second week of December (depending where you are in the world). However, we know the distributors are going to order light (they always do for a new line), so let your FLGS know you are after the game!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Little Soldiers
Weasel

Postby Little Soldiers » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 pm

msprange wrote:
Spence wrote:
Likely around the second week of December (depending where you are in the world). However, we know the distributors are going to order light (they always do for a new line), so let your FLGS know you are after the game!
What that man above me just said!!!! Let them know, people! Let them know! :twisted:
Little Soldiers! Australia's headquarters for ACTA: Star Fleet

http://www.littlesoldiers.com.au/
Jean
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Jean » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Matthew sent us the final final list of the Fleet Boxes and blister packs today.

FEDERATION FLEET BOX SET
* Frigate x3
* Light Cruiser x2
* Battle Frigate x2
* Strike Cruiser
* Dreadnought
* Heavy Cruiser x2
* Battlecruiser x2
* Fast Cruiser
* Police Cutter x2
* Shuttles x6
* Pocket Rulebook

KLINGON FLEET BOX SET
* C8 Dreadnought
* D6 Heavy Cruiser x2
* D7 Battlecruiser x2
* C7 Heavy Cruiser x2
* F5 Frigate x3
* D5W Heavy Cruiser
* FD7 Fast Cruiser
* E4 Light Frigate x2
* D5 War Cruiser x2
* Shuttles x6
* Pocket Rulebook

ROMULAN FLEET BOX SET
* Condor
* SkyHawk
* BattleHawk x3
* Kestral KR (This is the same model as the Klingon D6 Heavy Cruiser)
* War Eagle x2
* FireHawk
* SparrowHawk
* King Eagle
* FastHawk
* KF5R (This is the same model as the Klingon F5 Frigate)
* Snipe x3
* Shuttles x6
* Pocket Rulebook

BLISTERS
All blisters contain one ship, except for the following;

Federation Battle Frigates x 2
Federation Frigates x 2
Federation Police Cutters x 2
Klingon E4 Light Frigates x 2
Klingon F5 Frigates x 2
Romulan KF5R Destroyers x 2
Romulan Snipe Battle Frigates x 2
Romulan SkyHawk Destroyers x 2
Romulan Battle Hawks x 2
Shuttles x 6

Jean
Ryueokami
Stoat

Postby Ryueokami » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:49 pm

msprange wrote:
Spence wrote:
What about europe mainland? Any chance that orders via distributors will be here before january?
(not sure how it is with moongoose products in these regards, but various other companies somehow always ship new products to europe mainland last so asking before I get false hopes up^^)
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Ryueokami wrote: What about europe mainland? Any chance that orders via distributors will be here before january?
(not sure how it is with moongoose products in these regards, but various other companies somehow always ship new products to europe mainland last so asking before I get false hopes up^^)
Depends on when they order. European distributors do not always order every week (some may only order once a month), so they do not always hit release dates with the rest of the world.

Not always the games companies' fault :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Spence
Mongoose

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:20 am

msprange wrote:
Spence wrote:
Forgot to thank you for the reply.

And I have been bringing it up most days... :mrgreen: