Fed squadron and fleet now up for pre-order

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Poi
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Fed squadron and fleet now up for pre-order

Postby Poi » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Poi

Honk if Pluto is a planet
msprange
Site Admin

Re: Fed squadron and fleet now up for pre-order

Postby msprange » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Thought someone might beat me to it :)

Would advise people wait for the 'official' announcement, as there will be a special offer included - just be patient for another hour or two :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
BFalcon
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby BFalcon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:11 pm

And Matt, don't forget to get someone to change the upcoming products list to include the links - they're still plain text atm...

Darn... I could do with a lottery win right now... I'm flat broke but there's so many good models... so darned many... :(

I might see about picking up one of the smaller boxes - but even that will be tight now. :(
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm

BFalcon wrote:And Matt, don't forget to get someone to change the upcoming products list to include the links - they're still plain text atm...
All in hand - working on the Klingons at the moment, then the Romulans. Then the front page gets all the whistles and bells :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
BFalcon
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby BFalcon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Pah... not enough applications of the Klingon Pain Booth if you ask me... chuck a couple of members of staff in as an example and they'll work faster... :twisted:

Any news on what this special deal is too?

(Yes, I know I'm impatient... although part of it is actually having been busy for once this year... if things keep like this, I'll be able to afford some!!! :))
Cyporiean
Mongoose

Postby Cyporiean » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:49 pm

msprange wrote:
BFalcon wrote:And Matt, don't forget to get someone to change the upcoming products list to include the links - they're still plain text atm...
All in hand - working on the Klingons at the moment, then the Romulans. Then the front page gets all the whistles and bells :)
Again with the Klingons...

Very much looking forward to this offer is.. Maybe you'll get me to buy a full Federation fleet rather then just the Constitution-class for my Dad.
-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Writer for Brushfire, Historia Rodentia

Historia Rodentia (Legend supplement) now Shipping! Grab the PDF!
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Okay, for loyal fans glued to this thread... :)

The special offer is this;

Pre-Order more than £100 or $150 (not that hard if you are doing the rounds with the squadron sets, or looking at the fleet sets), and we will send you a Federation Command Cruiser for free.

This is not a model we are looking to put into production (indeed, with most variants you can use the base model - in this case the Heavy Cruiser), and as it is not 'essential' we are going to be offering it to collectors on a promotional basis. In fact, we are likely to do one model a year on this basis.

Don't worry if you cannot take advantage of the deal now - there will be plenty of opportunities to pick one up throughout 2012, probably for free, so don't panic.

As I said, it is not an 'essential' ship, as most players will simply use the Heavy Cruiser. But it is something a little bit special, and there may not be many of them flying about (relatively speaking), so if you want a unique touch to your Federation fleet, it is there for you!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
BFalcon
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby BFalcon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:02 pm

This could get expensive then - I was originally hoping to get all the 1700 series - so would have needed all 7...

Ah well, I'll see if I can't get at least 1... hopefully if this workload keeps up... :)
Cyporiean
Mongoose

Postby Cyporiean » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Don't suppose Tholians will be listed for preorder later today? :)

Whats the different between the pocket rulebook and the standard?
-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Writer for Brushfire, Historia Rodentia

Historia Rodentia (Legend supplement) now Shipping! Grab the PDF!
Poi
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Poi » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:15 pm

They aren't listed on the upcoming page, so I'm guessing not until after March.
Poi

Honk if Pluto is a planet
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Cyporiean wrote:Don't suppose Tholians will be listed for preorder later today? :)

Whats the different between the pocket rulebook and the standard?
No Tholians today, or for a little while - let us get the first wave out of the door first :)

The pocket book has all the rules and the full fleet lists for Federation, Klingon and Romulan (the mix of fleets will change in future fleet sets), but lacks the background chapters, most scenarios and the campaign.

It would be enough to bring to a tournament, say, but you will really want a copy of the hardback to get everything out of the game.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Scutatus
Shrew

Postby Scutatus » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:06 pm

The contents of the Fed fleet box appeared to have changed again. No "new" cruisers?

Not complaining, I far prefer the "older" vessels, but I am surprised. I suppose this way you actually get proper squadrons of the smaller vessels, which perhaps is more practical for them. (Also, I guess newcomers aren't overwhelmed with too many different types of vessel). I like the idea. :D

However, we are also back to having two battlecruisers. Which is rather curious.

All that said.... WOO HOOO! Jolly well done ADB and Mongoose! I hope this turns out to be a roaring success for you both. :D
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 pm

msprange wrote:
Cyporiean wrote:Don't suppose Tholians will be listed for preorder later today? :)The pocket book has all the rules and the full fleet lists for Federation, Klingon and Romulan (the mix of fleets will change in future fleet sets), but lacks the background chapters, most scenarios and the campaign.

It would be enough to bring to a tournament, say, but you will really want a copy of the hardback to get everything out of the game.
Excellent just what is wanted I feel - the 40 Black Reach book was a brilliant inovation and this should be just as useful :)
Apep
Mongoose

Postby Apep » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 pm

msprange wrote:Don't worry if you cannot take advantage of the deal now - there will be plenty of opportunities to pick one up throughout 2012, probably for free, so don't panic.
What opportunities? Conventions etc…..? (Ebay? :lol: :lol:)

Remember some of us get a lot of hassle (and pain) for traveling 300 miles for a "game"…!! :lol:

I am guessing from what you are saying is that there is no direct tactical advantage to just having the model. (Played a game a (good) few years back where a special release unit toasted everything till it was nerf’ed)
si post fata venit gloria non propero
Ben2
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Ben2 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Basically it is a CCH, and they'll put the rules up at some point. You can just use a CA as a stand in, the same as you would a normal Command Cruiser.

What this does is give you a special command cruiser model. Which is handy to have if you aren't taking a BC or a dreadnought.
Old B5W developer and professional shut in.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 pm

msprange wrote: However, if you pre-order more than £100 or $150, we will also send you, completely free, a special Federation Command Cruiser model. We are not looking to put this one on general release, so it is ideal if you are looking for that something special to make your fleet stand out!
What about a £99.98 order, say a fleet + Squadron box, only 2 p short, would that qualify for the free model?

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Finlos
Banded Mongoose

Postby Finlos » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:48 am

The question I'm sure now on everyone's mind: When do the pre-orders ship?? :)
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:27 pm

lastbesthope wrote: What about a £99.98 order, say a fleet + Squadron box, only 2 p short, would that qualify for the free model?
Now, I know you work in a technical profession :) Since when does 99.98 equal 100? :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Apep wrote: What opportunities? Conventions etc…..? (Ebay? :lol: :lol:)

Remember some of us get a lot of hassle (and pain) for traveling 300 miles for a "game"…!! :lol:

I am guessing from what you are saying is that there is no direct tactical advantage to just having the model. (Played a game a (good) few years back where a special release unit toasted everything till it was nerf’ed)
They won't appear on eBay (well, not from us...), but they will certainly be at conventions.

And no, you are not getting access to a ship in the game no one else has - the Command Cruiser is simply an upgrade to the Heavy Cruiser, so you can use that model. However, now and again we may do models like this that have the upgrade bits and pieces on it. They are not intended for general sale, but we will give plenty of opportunities for those who want them.

Really, they are just something 'cool' to have.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Finlos wrote:The question I'm sure now on everyone's mind: When do the pre-orders ship?? :)
They will start to go out in about two weeks time - we are watching demand carefully (yeah, it looks like this game is going to be quite popular :)), but place your order this month and we will certainly guarantee it before Christmas, wherever you are in the world, and however great the demand.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing