Truly one of the Finest Online Communities

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Hindsight
Banded Mongoose

Truly one of the Finest Online Communities

Postby Hindsight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi Folks,

Been lurking, and trying to buy a couple of minis for old times sake. Looks like I've been able to find them, so thank you for the PMs.

Just wanted to pop on and remark on how sad I am that our game was discontinued. I feel that the Babylon 5 fans, and the fans on this Forum in particular, made up some of the most quality gaming folks I've ever had the pleasure of chatting with, painting with, and playing against.

I've played 40k, Warmachine, other games, but among all of these groups, you guys just never ceased to impress me.

I am sad that we won't be able to make new memories together with new materials, rules, minis, but I'm still very glad that we got the chance that we did, when we did.

All the best,

-Matthew
"I haven't seen anything yet that can keep up with a White Star on full burn." - President John Sheridan, A Call To Arms
AdrianH
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby AdrianH » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:51 am

New materials may very well be available, just not for sale. See Da Boss' Darkness Rising, Darkness Rising II and Dilgar War, for example. ;)

New memories are definitely available - keep watching this space for tournament announcements!

As far as I'm concerned, the only result of the discontinuation is that we don't need to spend more money just to keep up with more add-ons - the game goes on. :D
tschuma
Banded Mongoose

Postby tschuma » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 am

I agree with AdrianH. We played a game last night, 10 point Raid, Space Superiorty, Drakh vs Narn, with the Narn winning!

Our group has taken a break over the summer, but will be starting back up next month, gaming on a monthly basis.

tschuma
ASMS
McKickaha
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby McKickaha » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:26 am

Good to hear from you Hindsight.

Agree with all of the comments above, and of course still holding out hope for CTA 3, or whatever its new name might be, and most importantly its no doubt rapid, fan led, bab5 conversion. 8)

If the pen is mightier than the sword, just imagine what you can do with a paintbrush and modelling blade.

Link to my modelling stuff http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Kickaha0/
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:36 pm

There's also hold outs for the other miniatures games. My guys and I have released a new book, our first book, the new night fight book from ZD Games! :D

There's also a lot of the SST resources left over, if you feel like getting into that.
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:09 pm

AdrianH wrote:New materials may very well be available, just not for sale. See Da Boss' Darkness Rising, Darkness Rising II and Dilgar War, for example. ;)

New memories are definitely available - keep watching this space for tournament announcements!

As far as I'm concerned, the only result of the discontinuation is that we don't need to spend more money just to keep up with more add-ons - the game goes on. :D
Indeed - thanks for the plug Darkness Rising III - Endgame is in progress - first 80 odd pages done.

plenty going on - few other supplements in the works form people - which is cool

We are still playing - big ACTA game on wednesday night
Joe_Dracos
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Location: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada (somewhere in the middle of the country)

Postby Joe_Dracos » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Kickaha wrote:still holding out hope for CTA 3
I am losing hope on that.

On the other hand... I might just submit my mod for publication xD

When it is done that is.
Ever Vigilant MI trooper
McKickaha
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby McKickaha » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:37 am

Joe_Dracos wrote:
Kickaha wrote:still holding out hope for CTA 3
I am losing hope on that.
Know what you mean Joe, I have even been visiting another site more often these days :oops:

Its not CTA, by far IMO, but unfortunately better than nowt ..............................

But I am still holding out for some good news on CTA 3 soon.

If the pen is mightier than the sword, just imagine what you can do with a paintbrush and modelling blade.

Link to my modelling stuff http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Kickaha0/
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Lord David the Denied » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:43 am

Da Boss wrote:
Indeed - thanks for the plug Darkness Rising III - Endgame is in progress - first 80 odd pages done.

plenty going on - few other supplements in the works form people - which is cool

We are still playing - big ACTA game on wednesday night
If only I could easily get to Kettering... :cry:
Banichi
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Banichi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:52 am

Lord David the Denied wrote:If only I could easily get to Kettering... :cry:
I second that. Our group of people who play on a steady basis has gone from 7 to just me and one other.

Talking of fan made stuff, maybe one day I'll finish my Star Control mod. It's been playtested, and tweeked. But I just need to get off my bum and type it up, and make some proper counters.

(I've been hung up on that stage for over a year now :oops: )

Working out how to make the mycon, and androsynth work was kind of tricky.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!!!
ImageImage
Target
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Target » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Our group has stopped playin for a while now but thats probably due more to us role playin with drinkin rules & the garage is too cold. Damn you winter.
Might start playin if CTA3 came out but news about that seems it is very far away.