Quick Update

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Quick Update

Postby MongooseMatt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:32 am

Just to let you all know what is going on in Dredd land.

The JD miniatures game is actually undergoing a kind of parallel development with another, related but as yet un-named game. Development on this second one has led to all sorts of things that I think Dredd would benefit from - a tight format for force lists, a more intuitive approach to Armour scores, Talent 'trees'.

You'll be getting another update within the next couple of weeks or so (Gen Con permitting, please get any comments down from your games before then!) then, a little way down the tracks, a Big One. Don't panic too much, it is still the same game, it will just be... better :)

Miniatures-wise, we are just waiting for delivery of the new Fatties (you will now be able to build your own Fattie stampede!), and the first of the Holocaust Suits. We'll need to give them a lick of paint, but expect to see them sometime in August. You should also see some more of the classic range before Gen Con too.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
tnjrp
Mongoose

Postby tnjrp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:59 am

Yay, Fatty stampede! :P
HeRoS -- Spefi miniature gaming in Turku, Finland
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:05 am

Yay, holocaust squad, more to the point.

Might be nice (given their role) to have some nasty hostile terrain rule - between toxic leaks, derelict buildings, left over rad-zones from the apocalypse war, and just massive fires, the Big Meg isn't short of the stuff.

Not sure on how you'd do it - a certain 'danger level' maybe, and then roll either D10 + Agility (for stuff like loose floors or sparking electricity) or D10 + remaining Hits (for endurance, for stuff you can't really dodge, like smoke, poisonous gas or radiation), or else have bad stuff happen to you - which may be lost actions, AP Damage, or Gas Damage, or just a hideous death (unstable footing over endless drop), as appropriate.

So fires and so forth might cause AP1, Damage1 hits, test Hits.

Danger Level
Building fire: 7
High temperature chemical fire: 9
Magma spill: 15

Whilst smoke (other than being cover) might cause you to lose your next action, but again test hits, and be Gas.

Danger level
Thin smoke: 5
Dense smoke: 7
Toxic smoke: 9

undergoing a kind of parallel development with another, related but as yet un-named game
[Shakes fist]
Damn it, stop hiding shiny things!
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Always nice to have updates, i even got a good JD graphic book yersterday, a big robot war, lots of action.. so my jucies are flowing for JD today...

Another game..? cannot wait to know more when the time is right, 2000AD or something else - time will tell

Thanks
Judge Xombe
Stoat

Postby Judge Xombe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Is it just me or would the video game Crackdown not slot nicely into the JD minis rules?

The Crackdown universe is basically a simplified dredd theme. Agents=judges. Gangs=gangs. Pacific City=megacity light