Other time periods and settings ?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Other time periods and settings ?

Postby soulman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:22 pm

Well i hope its not long before we see zombies and other bits and bobs, and rules for bikes and car, and tanks..?

Which would allow me to try them out with my ww2 figures and maybe even alittle sci-fi with my Tau..?

1.Roll to hit
2.One hit models dead
3.Unless armour save

Super quick system, wonder what marine power srmour is..? or marines vs predators..........?
tnjrp
Mongoose

Postby tnjrp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 am

Every system gathers at least a couple of such posts as yours, but rarely before they have been officially published :lol:

Anyway. There are a number of solid "open" or generic system catering for just such scenarios as you describe: use of whatever models in pretty much any time period (some, usually the better ones, tend to be a bit more restrictive).

Given this, while I'm guilty of doing it myself, I've given up thinking it's really worth the effort to attempt to shoehorn an initially "closed" game into behaving like an "open" one. Especially if you want to accomplish any kind of game balance while you're at it.

But obviously this is just my opinion and especially if the balance bit isn't an issue do go ahead and knock yourself out.
HeRoS -- Spefi miniature gaming in Turku, Finland
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:11 am

Not sure that this is one for larger games - BE rules cover larger games much better (essentially using the same rules but substituting fixed Target and Kill for the agility roll)

This is much more suited for a skirmish rules set - so Predators sounds like a mighty fine idea. Especially with the new movie adding so many shiny concepts (the "falconer's" uav, "hunting dogs", heartbeat tracker, etc) to the existing repertoire of speargun, combistick, throwing disc, plasmacaster, netgun....

Anyone remember the Predator vs Judge Dredd series?
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:11 pm

And Jd went against "Aliens" or was that batman -i di remember in a early 2000AD, judge dress going into space on a cruiser to alien planets etc....

But this system will be good for bounty hunter games like jonny alpha, with a couple of Heros
tnjrp
Mongoose

Postby tnjrp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 am

I'd wager some money on that if the JD game gathers any momentum Mongoose will be looking to expand the engine to cover other 2000AD scifi efforts. Seeing as they have Strontium Dog on RPG already.
HeRoS -- Spefi miniature gaming in Turku, Finland
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 am

I'd wager some money on that if the JD game gathers any momentum Mongoose will be looking to expand the engine to cover other 2000AD scifi efforts.
Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era Scarlet Saint Era

Not that it's freakin' awesome or anything.
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.