Balvarin Spotting

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Tolwyn
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Tolwyn » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:47 am

In B5 Wars they were Anti Raider Starfuries, a variant of the Aurora.

Drazi would have a hard time with nothing more then Sunhawks and Sky Serpents or Brakiri with Aviokis or Tashkats.
Admirals do not ask for command, they have it.
Burger
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Burger » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:21 am

sidewinder wrote:If thats supposed to be a blue star, that thing is bigger then the whitestar. I thought they were supposed to be tiny?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmU_q5xrnto :lol:
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Banichi
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Banichi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 pm

sidewinder wrote:If thats supposed to be a blue star, that thing is bigger then the whitestar. I thought they were supposed to be tiny?
Well, as much as I liked the series, it did have a bit of a wobbly grasp on scale.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!!!
ImageImage
captainsmirk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby captainsmirk » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:40 pm

On the Blue Star size thing as mentioned in the image shown the Blue Star is actually between the White Star and the camera and so appears larger. Its shown as being small enough for one man (Sheridan) to fly by himself and I think must have been able to fit in B5s landing bay (although I can't remember if it was actually shown doing so in the episode Sheridan got onto the station somehow...)

That fighter is never actually connected to the Gaim in the show though...

The Drazi would also have the Warbird since that is seen (indeed I seem to recall it actually appears more than the Sunhawk) as are Drazi ships firing missiles.

Nick
Captain Sheridan you're under arrest for a clear violation of the laws of physics!
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:01 pm

AdrianH wrote:What appears in "A Voice In The Wilderness" is just a heavy fighter. Chameleon Eclectic, designers of the Babylon Project RPG, found out about the name Badger and wrongly applied it to this fighter. AOG copied them, Mongoose copied AOG. According to Tim Earls, who designed it, "The Badger is more like an F-111 with pilot and co-pilot sitting side-by-side in a lengthened fuselage with the wings swept slightly forward".
To be equally pedantic, JMS has said B5 Wars is canon, therefore the Starfury in 'Voice in the Wilderness' must be a Badger

Of course if it isn't a Badger, we have a a ship without a name and a aname without a ship. And three successive licence-holders who called it a badger. Convenience says we call it a Badger.

If it walks like a badger and it quacks like a badger...
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
HowardDevore
Stoat

Postby HowardDevore » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

And while i dont want to amend it to avoid thread necromancy, gregs list is missing the Pak Warbird for league.

edit-Sorry, eek's list with gregs help,I missed the attribution there.
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:18 am

If it walks like a badger and it quacks like a badger...
Then it's a badger doing an impression of a duck, which is rather surreal if you ask me.
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:19 am

locarno24 wrote:Then it's a badger doing an impression of a duck, which is rather surreal if you ask me.
:lol:
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral