The Dilgar War Tournament Today... post your AAR's here!

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Court Jester
Greater Spotted Mongoose

The Dilgar War Tournament Today... post your AAR's here!

Postby Court Jester » Sat May 03, 2008 6:31 pm

1st place Dilgar
2nd Place Dilgar
3rd place Not Dilgar...

Thats pretty much all the info I have been able to get from a friend that was there...

I'm looking for some good, detailed tournament write ups please (as I couldn't make it to the event) :P
Tank
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Tank » Sat May 03, 2008 10:19 pm

My fleet:

3 x nova
1 x Avenger
1 x Explorer

This primarily being chosen to try and offset an expected sswarm of Dilgar fighters from multiple Garasoch fleets (only played 1 two garasoch fleet!)

First game against Digger (2 x garasoch, 1 x Tikrit, 1 x Ochlavita Ki, 2 x Jashaker)

Unfortunately Digger allowed me the opportunity to get all my fighters deployed in a slow procession across the board and then broke up his pentagon too early. Digger was also unfortunate in as much asmy dice decided that this game was the one!! after failing to crush 1 Nova he dove towards my explorer in the mistaken belief it was a higher priority (this due to my cunning use of FA scale ships) things went rapidly downhill as the Tikrit was decrewed allowing the Nova's to turn full attention to the Garasochs and supporting ships, the Tikrit was captured by the explorer with an Ochlavita and Jashaker falling to the guns of 2 remaining Novas as the the 3rd Nova was destriyed through concentrated firepower over several rounds and an exploding Garasoch, as much as the game was enjoyable in playing against an opponent yet to be faced in tourneys it was almost embarrassing with how well the dice were rolling.

2nd Game vs Poi

4 x Omelos
2 x Jashaker
1 x Ochlavita Ki

well this game was well and truly over by the 3rd round the Omelos wiping out 1 Nova in the 1st round with another severely damaged for no reply. the second round saw the Avenger taking a pounding & the damaged Nova being finished off for a return reply of 1 Omelos destroyed through a lucky crit and the 3rd Nova taking a beating too!!! the last round saw the desperately fleeing Avenger annihilated, 1 x Jashaker destroyed a bit of damage on the other Jashaker and the Ochlavita (due to the fiery death of the 1st Jashaker) and the last remaining Nova meeting its oblivion!!! even tho the EA went to a crushing dfeat I still found the entire affair amusing!!

3rd Game vs TGT

1 x Kahtrik
1 x Mishakur

well this was an assassination game and even tho the dice weren't quite with me 3 Nova's pretty much unchallenged as the Dilgar sent the Avenger to a fiery hell beat eventually beat the Mishakur down, CBD was a life saver for the Nova's and Avenger in the 2nd round and after the destruction of the Mishakur, the Game looked largely in favour of the EA.

4th Game vs Rob

2 x Targrath
1 x Ochalvita ki
1 x Garasoch
Numerous Jashakurs

well this was just poor for my poorly beleagured dice and after losing a Nova through the combined firepower of a pentagon (2x Targrath, 1 x Ochlavita Ki, 2 x Jashakur), the Avenger also took an early pounding and the Explorer decrewed by about round 4 through that self same Pentacon and then boarded well its just wasn't going to be my game. Ultimately my poor fleet was annihialted for the cost of only 3 Jashakurs!!!

I enjoyed the tourney, it was good playing mostly new bods and I had fun fielding a very simple fleet with a shed load of fighters, the only change Id make to my particular fleet would be to drop the Avenger and add another explorere, more scouting opportunities for my Nova's :lol:
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Sun May 04, 2008 7:16 pm

My fleet:
Garasoch
2 Omelos
2 Ochlavita Ki
2 Jashakar Tae
2 Jashakar Vi
(organised into two Pentacons) fighters were used as interceptors

Game 1 vs Diesel

I went after his single missile Hyperion with one pentacon, and a 6-6 crit finished it off quite nicely.

The second Pentacon hit his Artemis and two Vree carriers. His Tzymms did for a Jashakar.

Diesel’s Drazi and Artemis emerged from hyperspace, but too late to affect the game too much.

Result 19 VPs to me 11 to him.

Game 2 vs Drazi
The player rather annoyingly had 12 Drazi ships that were not mounted on their stands, instead placed besides the stands. This was kind of a weird way to play, but he was very careful with his turns and boresights. It was a situation that was ripe for abuse, but he didn’t do so.

He split his fleet in two and my Dilgar went head-on against half of his. His Strikehawks took some killing with their dodge and blast doors, but my fighter/interceptors worked magic.

In the end I beat him by a small margin.

Games 3 vs Hiffano

Hiffano had a big fleet, with nothing higher than skirmish.
It was, IIRC,
2 Ikorta
2 Milani
4 Strikehawks
4 Tethys missile boats
plus 10 Tigers
(which was a hoard of fighters)

It was assassination and I selected a Strikehawk as my target, which I killed in the first round of firing. In return Hiff killed one of my Omeloses – his target.

His Skyserpents made short work of a couple of Jashakars, while I repeatedly knocked knocked out the beams of his Ikortas with –1AD crits.

I killed 4 of his ships, while he destroyed both Omelos and two Jashakars, giving him the win.

Hiffano: 36 VPs, me 30.

Game 4 vs Jim

Jim is one of the nicest guys to play against.

His EA fleet was:
Orestes
Avenger
3 Rail Hyperions
1 Olympus Gunship

There was a big asteroid field in the centre of the table that forced both our fleets into a combined space. My missiles rained in on one hyperion on turn one. On turn two I finished it off and crippled a second. In return he crippled and Omelos.

On turn 3 the crippled Hyperion tried to ram the other Omelos – Jim succeed in making his Give Me Ramming Speed! roll and his ship moved into contact only to fail the roll to hit its target. In return, the Omelos attempted to ram the undamaged Hyperion. I made my Give me Ramming Speed! roll, but I too failed to hit the target.

With missiles reloaded, my surviving ships pounded the Orestes and crippled it in one turn, thanks to his interceptors depleting quickly. Instead of finishing it off, I boarded it, however the game ended before I could capture it.

We both destroyed one ship apiece, but I had crippled the Orestes and a couple of others, giving me the win by a margin of 1VP.

-----

It was a great day, with some challenging games. I hadn’t played 2nd Ed Dilgar before and enjoyed playing a different fleet.
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
H
Chief Mongoose

Postby H » Sun May 04, 2008 8:00 pm

After an hour sat in Traffic on the A40, it's just taken me 5 hours to get home. so I'm not in any state to do a full writeup, however I would like to express my thanks to TGT and Tank for their organisational whatnot, and to the game Store for a superb venue. I would of course like to thank all my opponents as well, TGT, Adam, Dan from the shop and Greg. All fun battles, and the Game against Greg was a corker, and very very close and just to correct Gregs listing of my fleet, due to ISD's it was of course 2 Brikortas I took not Ikortas.
3 wins, one defeat, I'm pretty proud of my "light carrier" fleet
I AM RONIN!
Poi
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Poi » Sun May 04, 2008 9:10 pm

4 Omelos
Ochlavita Ki
2 Jashakar Vi

My first game was vs Nick Curd's Drazi.

8 Strikehawks
4 Sunhawks

With a dust cloud in the centre, the Drazi split in two. As I deployed second, I just used one side of the cloud, sending the Ochlavita against one half, aloowing the rest of my fleet to handle half his fleet.

My second game was vs Tank's EA, which he's already described.

Game three was vs Burger's Drazi.

8 Strikehawks
2 Darkhawks

I had to assasinate one of the Darkhawks, which I managed early on and then turned on the rest of the green (or was it purple) lizards.

Game four was vs Locutus' EA.

3 Hyperions
2 Nova
4 Tethys
I think there must have been something else as well, that doesn't add up.

Similar set up to my game vs Nick. My whole fleet was able to attack on one flank, denying half Locutus' fleet the chance to attack.

I won all four games 20 tourney points to nil.

Finished 2nd overall! The winner got 5 extra TP for wiping out one of his opponents. Truly stunned, as I've not won two games in a row before with Dilgar (or anything else for that matter, in just about any game system).

I think Dilgar had the advantage because of the ISD. We weren't restricted whilst every other fleet was and the power fleets weren't allowed. (Minbari and ISA are my most difficult opponents)

A great day, played with a great spirit. No bad games. Even game 1 vs Nick, which had potential to be fractious with all his ships laid on the table next to their stands, was a great game. He could have abused this for advantage, but he played totally straight.

Respect to all the players and the organisers. I can't wait for the next one.
Poi

Honk if Pluto is a planet
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Sun May 04, 2008 9:55 pm

A trip down to Aldershot - great fun and the potential of good games :) and getting up at 5.30am :shock: :(

We arrived in time for our traditional pre tourney breakfast (despite my driving)

I had my made up Radier fleet with a multude of ships from varied races and even a (SG1 Dealidlus stadning in for a blockade runner).

Game One - vs Jims EA I lost 0 - 50
Echoing Gregs commetns - Jim is the nicest guy to ever pick up dice in anger :)
As all of my guns but a 1AD beam were interceptable I was not confident going into this game and Juim played to his strengths whilst I was still unsure of mine :) As the fighters of both sides hung back, his battleship blasted one hapless ship into oblivion and crusied forwards. Salvaged Vochans and strikehawks engaged the Rail hyperions and the fighjters dueled. Whilst my brave pilots (obviously better paid) did well, the ships were slowly gorund down and the last hope of my runner achieveing something died with its dodge as it went adrift. Great fun and I died without even claiming a kill -

Game two vs Hash (Vree)
lost 25-0
Having seen Hash's Vree fall victim to brutal barrages of Ken's Mankat I was more confident going into this one - hmm well that was to be shattered :lol: As the Vree charged forward to meet my ships - I againlost dodge on the runner as my fighters engaged the Vree fighters. Again they did stirling work and not a single one broke throuhg to my ships or indeed survived the game! The Vree Battleship avenged its fallen carriers and missile ship with massed fire. lack of criticals inflcited killed me off (a nice change for Hash from his first game I understand :wink: )but it was another great game :) against General Hash - how could I think to win!

Game three vs Brakir Carrier horde I lost 17 -3
6 Brikortas and their fighters plus an Avioki - a most interesting game that became surprsingly tactical - so much so we only managed a few turns despite goning over the time limit! Whilst I distracted the Avioki and he kept it from harm - my fleet enegaged the carriers and as we finished finally outmaneuverd them. Yet again my plucky pilots earned their bonuses and drove the Brakiri from space - emassing a huge pile of dead Falkosi and Pikotas. The result was tight but several dead fighters (each worth 1 VP) and a lost Strike Ship smeared across a space rock clinced it for the League -(it tried to race through a level 6 asteroid field- anything but a 1 :lol: :roll: )

Game four vs Stealth Drazi :wink: I lost 13 - 7
Tiredness was begining to affect me - I hate mornings - so I appologise If I was little subdued but I must admit when 12 bases with numbers on faced my fleet I was little unhappy. However Nick was the picture of scruplous play, explaining everything and a excellent player - although Iw as less happy with his initial beam rolls of 9 and 11 (or similar). As the game rolled on it became more interesting and I commend him for a good game! Again a very close result

A very fun day - good to see old friends - even if I did try to ruin Hiffs, phone, folder etc with spilled glasss of water - VERY SORRY :oops:

I found my raider fleet great fun to play for a change - range 8" guns!!!! Ah well back to Centauri and Shadows 8)

Thanks to all involved in organising and taking part in a great day :)

Oh and I did not come last :shock:
Diesel
Mongoose

Postby Diesel » Sun May 04, 2008 11:55 pm

Unable to resist a challenge, I went along with the usual suspects from Greg's Crew.

Have to admit I'm not a huge fan of seeing 0530 on a weekend, but it was worth the trip, even if the drive down did take slightly longer than intended (how on Earth do you miss the M25 anyway? It's the only road visible from space! :P ).

My fleet looked a little something like this:

1 Hyperion missile cruiser - a bit of long-range punch to counteract the inevitable missiles from the Dilgar.

2 Artemis frigates - tough little bruisers with some double-damage goodness of their own.

1 Vree Vaarl - I can't take to the table without at least one Scout, so one with Stealth was an added bonus after too many games using Drazi Eyehawks (which are visible, irritating and apparently constructed from balsa wood).

2 Vree Xeel carriers with 2 flights of Zorths and 2 flights of Tzymms each - nasty ships in their own right if they live long enough to fire, but Vree fighters are awesome...

1 Drazi Jumphawk - allowed me the luxury of hyperspace and the ecstasy of a positive initiative modifier for the first time ever!

2 Drazi Strikehawks - I love using Drazi Warbirds en mass, and this was as close as I could get!

Round 1, vs Greg

Greg's fleet: 1 Garasoch, 2 Omelos, 2 Ochalavita-Ki, 2 Jashakur Scouts, 2 Jashakur Torpedo Boats

This was a rematch from the first round of the ID Gaming tournament recently, when my League managed to inflict a bloody good hiding on Greg's Psi Corps.

This time though, it went rather differently! Having used hyperspace pretty effectively in a warmup game, I got a little carried away and left one of the Artemis and the Drazi ships there, leaving the rest of my ships to fight the Dilgar by themselves. This was not a cunning plan at all - the Hyperion was shot up in short order (a 6-6 crit caused 45 damage when the ship only had 3 damage left!), and although the Garasoch was taken out quickly (my own 6-6 crit caused 8 damage and 10 crew...), there wasn't really enough left on the table to do damage.

When the reinforcements finally turned up on turn four it was pretty much over. 3 of the Jashakurs went down and one of the Omelos took a bit of a battering, but only the Vaarl remained of the initial fleet and the victory point totals probably gave a more favourable spin to my performance.

Still, it was a great game - Greg's a top bloke and it's always a real challenge to match wits with one of the guys who has been working on ACTA, especially given my experience is still limited to a handful of games.

VPs: 19 - 30
TPs: 0 - 20

Round 2, vs TGT

TGT's Fleet: 1 Mishakur, 1 Kahtrik-So

The plan was simple, given that there were only two enemy ships to deal with. I thought I'd be clever, knock out the Kahtrik quickly and then move onto the Mishakur before it devastated my entire fleet.

Unfortunately this plan didn't survive contact with the enemy! I didn't do my homework properly and therefore didn't realise until afterwards that the Kahtrik only had marginally less damage points than the Mishakur itself. By the time the Kahtrik finally went down, the Dilgar dreadnought had done quite the demolition job.

The Drazi ships did their best and did manage to cripple the Mishakur, but time ran out and again the Dilgar were clear winners.

Kudos to TGT - it was certainly tense at the end as the beam rolls were being made (and fluffed!).

VPs: 17 - 30
TPs: 0 - 20

Round 3, vs Dan

Dan's Fleet: Mankhat, 2 x Jashakur Scouts, 2 x Jashakur Torpedo Boats

Have to admit, I was helped somewhat by the scenery in this particular game. It was Assassination, and pretty much right in the middle of the board was an asteroid field that enabled the Earth ships and the Vree to advance, shielded from the Mankhat by the big rocks, whilst the Drazi Banzai Force screamed down the flank to take on the big dreadnought from behind.

Pretty much everything went to plan. Vree fighters ripped the Jashakurs to pieces, whilst the combination of Earth ships to the front and the Drazi from behind was just too much for the Mankhat. One of the Artemis was destroyed by anti-ship missiles, but the Dilgar were wiped out.

Dan was a great sport though, and took his appalling luck with good grace!

VPs: 57 - 5
TPs: 25 - 0

Round 4, vs KennyBoy

Ken's fleet: Mankhat, 4 x Jashakur Scouts

Another Godzilla fleet, but this time commanded by the legendary KennyBoy! I've crossed swords with Ken in the past and lost every time, but I always enjoy our games because he really is a great opponent. It's certainly never dull with him around! :lol:

With clear terrain, it was always going to be a challenge to stay alive long enough to get within range of the Mankhat, and that's pretty much how it turned out.

The Dilgar went straight for the Vree carriers, and one exploded with 3 of its 4 flights of fighters still on the hangar decks, taking out its sister ship in the blast! The Vaarl duelled with the Jashakurs before succumbing, whilst the Hyperion managed to cause the Mankhat some damage before going down.

Once again, though, the Drazi did very well for themselves and caused the lion's share of the damage. It came right down to the wire, but in the end the fighters were the difference makers, able to deal damage with impunity and duck the retribution that was making everything else explode. Finally the Mankhat went down, followed by the last of the Jashakurs, leaving only the Jumphawk, an Artemis and a couple of fighters to celebrate victory!

VPs: 42 - 40
TPs: 25 - 0 (Annihilation scenario)

=============

After a couple of early pastings I was ready to go home, but I'm glad Charles ignored me! Four great games and four great opponents later, it was well worth it for me. Whilst the ACTA system has its flaws, the ACTA community is awesome, and it's events like this that really bring that home. Even a blatant newbie like me is made to feel welcome and after so many years of militant Spaniards and cheating b******s at GW Grand Tournaments, it's a real relief to be able to play competitively and still have a great atmosphere in the room.

Massive thanks to TGT for organising and running the tournament, and also to Tank for keeping it going and the Games Store for giving us use of the venue.
Ben
Kettering Games Club
==========
"I'm not THAT Ben. Refer to me as... New Ben."
Burger
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Burger » Mon May 05, 2008 1:20 am

8x Strikehawk, 2x Darkhawk...

Game 1, I fought Dan's Mankhat and 4 Jashakur. He died very quickly, I boarded the Mankhat for double VPs :)

Game 2, I was init sinked to death by 6 Jashakur...

Game 3, I was init sinked to death again by Jashakur and the early deaths of my Darkhawks...

Game 4, very close game! Digger decided to attack my ships with his fighter swarm, rather than dogfight my Sky Serpents. Big mistake, I lost a Strikehawk but my SS's got his Tikrit to half dead in one turn. No surprise, they all died the next turn. I managed to finish off the Tikrit and a Jashakur, for the loss of a few more Strikehawks and a Darkhawk. In the end it was a draw.

One thing I learned, Darkhawks SUCK. They just die so easily. Next time, take more Strikehawks!!
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Digger
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Digger » Mon May 05, 2008 8:46 am

An excellent day - Thoroughly enjoyed. I think it went:

1st Game - Lost - Grrr

2nd Game - Draw

3rd Game - Woo Woo

4th Game - Draw

Looking forward to the next tourney guys where my new found Narn will be useful.

Thanks to all the organisers, special mention to TGT and Tank for a job well done.

D.
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges - Marcus Tullius Cicero, Circa 52BC
Locutus9956
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Locutus9956 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:58 pm

Final placings for 1st 2nd and 3rd were (I believe)

1st Rob Soutar - Dilgar
2nd Poi - Dilgar
3rd - Yours truly - EA Early Years

I had a great time throughout (and not just because I actually did well for once!) and it the theme of the tournament really helped add to the atmosphere!

My fleet consisted of:

2 Novas carrying Nova Starfuries
3 Hyperion Rail Cruisers carrying Tiger Starfuries
4 Tethys Laser Boats
1 Oracle Scout
2 Hermes carrying Tiger Starfuries

Game 1: Cant remember my opponents name (sorry!) but the fleet was I believe, 1 Omelos, 3 Garashochs and a couple a few Jashakar scouts.

All I can say is thank god for hyperspace! Deploying my 6 Patrol ships and the scout allowed me to hold my other 5 ships (the Novas and Hyperions) in hypserspace. They all promtly jumped in right behind the main dilgar force and with their main forward guns unable to come to bear the dilgar were in a bad position, still they gave me one hell of a fight and inflicted a fair bit of damage, easilt swatting the tethys and Hermes as they ran for cover. The 31 Thorun torpedo fighters were also taking their toll but fortunately for me they initially split their fire a bit too much over multiple targets allowing my interceptors to work to their maximum effect.

20 - 0 in the end though it was much closer than the scoreline might suggest!

Game 2: Vs Dan, fielding 1 Mankhat, 2 Jashakar Tae and 2 Jashakar Vi

A fun game but it one that headed very much in my favour from the offeset, with no fighter defence whatsoever the Starfuries decended on the Jashakars like a pack of wolves and rapidly took their toll, meanwhile the entire rest of the EA fleet turned on the Mishakur and hammered it with railguns and plasma cannons until it was no more, in the end the Dilgar were wiped out for the loss of a single Hermes and a couple of starfuries, but Dan was great opponent as always and took it all in good humour :)

25-0

Game 3: Vs Kennyboy with a nearly identical fleet to Dan (but all 4 Jashakars were scouts).

After the previous battle I was feeling confident. I decided to play it a little safer this time and swing my Hyperions around the other side of the central dust cloud to come in on the Mankhats flank. Initially the Mankahts firepower stated to take its toll taking down one of the Novas failrly quickly but once the Hyperions and Hermes swung in on the flank and all let rip the battle quickly turned and the Dilgar went down in flames again, once again a fun game against a great oppoent though :)

25-0

Game 4: Vs Poi, fielding 4 Omeols, 1 Ochlavita Vi and 2 Jashakar Vis (I think!). Well I was riding high at this point 10 points ahead of the rest of the pack and more surprised buy this than anyone However both Poi and Rob were just behind me so this the outcome of this final game was going to prove vital.

Alas I made a couple of crucial mistakes this time round that ended up costing me the game. My main mistake was deploying the Novas away from the Hyperions. I was hoping the raid level targets would tempt Poi to take them on so the faster more maneuverable Hyperions could swing around the flank but, hats off to him, he didnt fall into the trap and went straight for the Hyperions leaving the lumbering Novas more or less out of the game till right at the end when it was too late. It was a hell of a fight and a very enjoyable and a througoly deserved win to Poi. In fact it was such a fun game I'd have loved to carry it on to its bloody conclusion if there had been time (never retreat, never surrender!! :P)

All in all a great day out as always, thanks to all who took the time to organise it and all those who took part!
War. It's FAN-tastic!
KennyBoy
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby KennyBoy » Tue May 06, 2008 8:52 am

As usual, always a pleasure to meet up with TGT, Tank, Jim, Adam etc... (well, maybe not Tank!) :wink:
As Ben (Diesel) has already pointed out... how Charles (Da Boss), who was driving, and Greg, who was - supposedly - navigating, managed to miss the M25 turn, i'll never know! :?
Still, we managed a hearty breakfast before the tourney, so it all turned out OK in the end. :)

I'd decided to go for a minimalistic fleet, 4 Jashakur Scouts backed by a Mankhat dreadnought! I knew that this fleet would either do extrememly well, OR get humped... and that supposition was proved over the course of the day...

Game 1 - Hash's Vree. Result = 25-0 to the Dilgar

Had never played Hash before, but knew that the mostly Hull 4 Vree ships would find it hard going against the Dilgar's DD Bolter goodness...
Turn 1 saw two of the three Vree torpedo ships leap forward to engage with their range 25" missiles. Unfortunately, this meant that the Mankhat could happily move to range 27" and let them have it! 10 die of triple damage missiles (re-rolled due to Scouts) at each one saw them blink out of existence :twisted:
The only big hitter that Hash has brought was a Xonn class battleship, but a lucky Crit by me managed to take one of his two guns offline just as he got into range! This pretty much summed up Hash's game, some bad luck on his side, added to good fortune on mine meant that it was a foregone conclusion... VICTORY TO THE IMPERIUM!!!

Game 2 - Jim's EA. Result 25-0 to the Dilgar

Jim and I are regular tourney opponents, and I echo what Greg, Charles and pretty much anyone who's ever met him would say... top bloke, both in game and in life (we'll over-look the past ISA cheese fleet fella) :D
With an Interceptor heavy EA fleet, I knew that this was going to be a vastly different game to the 1st one... especially as 3 out of 4 of my scouts decided to not bother to turn on scanners! So, with only 10 out of 20 dice getting re-rolls on the Hull 6 Orestes, the plucky EA battle ship weathered the storm of Triple damage missile fire and continued forward.
However, with Jim only managing one decent Beam hit (something like 15 hits on a poor Jashakur) the entire game from his Orestes and Olympus, added to the fact that the Mankhat managed to remove 2 Hyperions, the damaged Orestes and cripple the Olympus :twisted: in one turn of firing, really sealed the meddling Earther's fate!

Game 3 - Simon's (Locutus) EA. Result = 25-0 to the EA

As previously stated, I knew that my fleet selection would work really well, or it would prove disasterous! Game 3 was a shining example of the latter! :(
I should have known it was going to be bad when, despite having a +2 advantage, and getting to re-roll for set up, I still lost. So, Locutus got to see where I was and set up his Hyperion rail cruisers well out of the firing line. He did put both Nova's in harms way (one of which was my Assassination target) but I would have preferred to have my Mankhat's missiles take out (or at least severly damage) two of the more maneuverable ships. This, proved my un-doing in the end and as soon as I had three Hyperions on my flank, plus a Nova ahead, the result was inevitable... the Mankhat went down under a series of crits (the last one being a 6-5 which removed 30 of the crew)!
It was nicely played by Simon, and left him in a good position for a run at the winner's medal...

Last Game - Ben's League

With the Scouts still on strike from the last game, the Mankhat's missile barrage only managed to remove one of the two Xeel carriers that moved within range, whilst my Jashakurs headed down the side of the board on a Vaarl hunt. Ben had his Drazi ships (2 Strikehawk, 1 Jumphawk) in a beam-team squadron, and they started to work over the Mankhat.
The Jashakurs finally snuffed out the Vaarl, and the Mankhat took it's toll on the league fleet (the Hyperion, the other Xeel, an Artemis, two of the three Drazi) but it was seen off by Sky Serpents! Having no Anti-fighter or fighters of my own was, in hindsight, an error, but you lives and learns (unlike the Dilgar on my ships :lol: )

Thoroughly enjoyed the day and look forward to the next event... all hail the mighty rabbits!
As many of you that know me will, i'm sure, agree that, in the end...
I WAS ROBBED!!! 8)
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
Locutus9956
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Locutus9956 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:04 pm

KennyBoy wrote:It was nicely played by Simon, and left him in a good position for a run at the winner's medal...
And I would have gotten away with it too if it werent for those meddling Omelos'! :P
War. It's FAN-tastic!
TGT
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

next tourney

Postby TGT » Wed May 07, 2008 7:53 am

The next sentient rabbits Tourney will be in early August 08 at the same venue
we spoke of a narn centauri war but Burger has a very nice idea about a tourney themed on the coriana battle (shadows vorlons ancients and mixed )
more details to follow......
"Britian's nuclear submarines have been deemed unsafe...probably because they don't have wheel-chair access"
Locutus9956
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Locutus9956 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:59 am

well either idea gets my vote and count me in :)

I'd tend to think the Coriana idea might work better as it would allow for more fleets (though it would be a little trickier to split it into two sides then unless you did basically ancients vs younger races)
War. It's FAN-tastic!
TGT
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

next tourney

Postby TGT » Wed May 07, 2008 8:05 am

...WILL BE CALLED
No Surrender, No Retreat!

we'll go for Burgers idea I think
"Britian's nuclear submarines have been deemed unsafe...probably because they don't have wheel-chair access"
Hash
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Hash » Wed May 07, 2008 8:39 am

...does this I mean I get to actually use Shadows! 8) Woo Woo! ;)
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. "
Burger
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Burger » Wed May 07, 2008 8:42 am

Locutus9956 wrote:(though it would be a little trickier to split it into two sides then unless you did basically ancients vs younger races)
Who said anything about two sides? :lol:
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Wed May 07, 2008 9:09 am

OHHH Shadow goodness - sounds fun :)
Digger
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Aldershot

Postby Digger » Wed May 07, 2008 10:30 am

Yes Please - Count me in!

My Narn will be at the ready!

Cheers

Digger.
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges - Marcus Tullius Cicero, Circa 52BC
Locutus9956
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Locutus9956 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:37 am

One other theme idea springs to mind actually:

How about EA Civil War:

Clarkes Forces:

EA Third Age, Psi Corps

Army of Light:

Sheridans proto ISA (whitestars + allies)
Minbari
Narn
League

Raiders can play for either side.

Vorlons werent really directly involved (and indeed had left by the time things got REALLY interesting), Centauri didnt get directly involved. Shadows had left as well before things really kicked off though I suppose you could put them on clarks side since they WERE working with him until they scarperred...
War. It's FAN-tastic!