Jump gate on new release again

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Poi
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 10:08 am
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Jump gate on new release again

Postby Poi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 pm

What's going on with that then?
Poi

Honk if Pluto is a planet
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:16 pm

I can tell you, and claim responsibility.

I realised this afternoon on the way home from work, that in putting together my final order I had forgotten to include a jump gate. One quick search of the website later I noticed it wasn't listed anywhere. One quick email to Matt asking about it and he informed that they were still available and that he would put them up on the website, which he then did, on the front page.

That's the story.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Darken
Mongoose
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:45 pm
Contact:

,.

Postby Darken » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Iv had one for almost a year now i THINK (forgot when I got it just a long time ago), and its STILL sitting in peices in a small plastic baggy on my work table
Image
Kosh127
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:16 pm

Postby Kosh127 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:08 am

its pretty cool when its done but what a pian. But its way beter when you build a vortex for it :lol:
propainterdandk@yahoo.com

Maven Con 1st place

How do firefighters run into a burning building when everyone else is running out? The answer is courage. Courage comes from a reserve of mind, more powerful than outside circumstances.
darklord4
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:45 pm
Location: Chandler, AZ

Postby darklord4 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:19 am

lastbesthope wrote:One quick email to Matt asking about it and he informed that they were still available and that he would put them up on the website, which he then did, on the front page.
So, as ships run out, they will pull them from the store?
Taronkov
Weasel
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:16 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY, USA
Contact:

Postby Taronkov » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:22 am

A prior post they said that they would keep making the ships through March 31 so any order placed before that would be fulfilled.
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1747
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Dublin Ireland

Postby JayRaider » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:54 am

Follow the logic through.
Tthe foundry will still be working after March 31st.(if demand outstrips supply).
Therefore the deadline March 31st is not set by the foundry but by the licencing agreement with Warner Brothers for ACTA.
I'm curious as to why this hasn't been officially voiced?
I'm guessing it would have caused more anger amongst the customers if the announcement had have been:
"Hey we won't be signing a new licence with WB for B5 ACTA miniature sales".
Instead of the "Hey we're in big finacial trouble, B5 ACTA is gone" :)
Just speculation on my part.
darklord4
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:45 pm
Location: Chandler, AZ

Postby darklord4 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:20 am

JayRaider wrote:Follow the logic through.
Tthe foundry will still be working after March 31st.(if demand outstrips supply).
Therefore the deadline March 31st is not set by the foundry but by the licencing agreement with Warner Brothers for ACTA.
I'm curious as to why this hasn't been officially voiced?
I'm guessing it would have caused more anger amongst the customers if the announcement had have been:
"Hey we won't be signing a new licence with WB for B5 ACTA miniature sales".
Instead of the "Hey we're in big finacial trouble, B5 ACTA is gone" Smile Just speculation on my part.
Since you opened the door for speculation...
To support the opposing "Mongoose is financially unable" thought, I'd offer that mongoose sunk a good deal of time and money trying to bring prepaints to market, as well as fumbling their in-house book publishing, meanwhile, still trying to bring SST back by casting up some resin kits, all the while still doing their S&P and RPG efforts, the latter apparently being the only thing of theirs that makes money.
msprange
Site Admin
Posts: 14741
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Postby msprange » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:56 am

JayRaider wrote:Follow the logic through.
Tthe foundry will still be working after March 31st.(if demand outstrips supply).
Therefore the deadline March 31st is not set by the foundry but by the licencing agreement with Warner Brothers for ACTA.
I'm curious as to why this hasn't been officially voiced?
Umm, because it isn't true?

Seriously, I thought this rumour had been put to bed. The B5 licence still has a long time to run. March 31st was a good date, as it gave more than a month for people to get their last bits and pieces.

However, we did not anticipate the sheer demand - we knew there would be a rush, but not this much. In order to honour all our orders, we _have_ to keep the forge running into April. That said, we still needed a cut off point.

Hope that helps!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8149
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 pm

msprange wrote:March 31st was a good date, as it gave more than a month for people to get their last bits and pieces.
Plus its the end of the tax year ;)
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
msprange
Site Admin
Posts: 14741
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Postby msprange » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Burger wrote:
msprange wrote:March 31st was a good date, as it gave more than a month for people to get their last bits and pieces.
Plus its the end of the tax year ;)
But not the end of our financial year - sorry, another rumour scuppered :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8149
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:49 pm

DOH! Lol.
Well if we start enough, surely some of them are true?
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
Centauri_Admiral
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:58 pm
Location: Centauri Prime

Postby Centauri_Admiral » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:45 pm

lastbesthope wrote:I can tell you, and claim responsibility.

I realised this afternoon on the way home from work, that in putting together my final order I had forgotten to include a jump gate. One quick search of the website later I noticed it wasn't listed anywhere. One quick email to Matt asking about it and he informed that they were still available and that he would put them up on the website, which he then did, on the front page.

That's the story.

LBH
Now, LBH, with all your bloody whitestars what do YOU need a jump gate for? Thats just being plain lazy . . . . make your own jump points.teeehheeeee

:D
Rich Godfrey.
"Well it must be four o'clock somewhere in the Empire! I make that Pimms o'clock!"
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8149
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:56 pm

Centauri_Admiral wrote:
lastbesthope wrote:I can tell you, and claim responsibility.

I realised this afternoon on the way home from work, that in putting together my final order I had forgotten to include a jump gate. One quick search of the website later I noticed it wasn't listed anywhere. One quick email to Matt asking about it and he informed that they were still available and that he would put them up on the website, which he then did, on the front page.

That's the story.

LBH
Now, LBH, with all your bloody whitestars what do YOU need a jump gate for? Thats just being plain lazy . . . . make your own jump points.teeehheeeee

:D
Bonehead manouvers? :P
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Well given I have a B5 station (once I get some replacement fins off Matt and co) I need a jump gate to accurately represent the space around Epsilon 3

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3858
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:51 am
Location: Near Mt. St. Helens (that volcano)

Postby BuShips » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 pm

Burger wrote:Bonehead manouvers? :P
JGBs (Jump Gate Bombs). I love it! :lol:

The First Ones will come back just to spank LBH for blasphemy. :wink:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
Image
Darken
Mongoose
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:45 pm
Contact:

,.

Postby Darken » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Hey I have a question can anyone give some info on the best way to put this monstosity together?
Image
Nihm
Stoat
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Picton, Ont CANADA

Postby Nihm » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:52 am

I haven't got one yet, so I'm no help :(
We're gonna need a bigger boat ...


Help support Burger :)...but not in a jock strap sorta way LOL

Image
tschuma
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:43 pm
Location: Mason, OH

Postby tschuma » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:59 am

Time, patience, pins, and Super Glue Gel!

This is one model you really don't want to travel with.
ASMS
Chernobyl
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: the part of the US that's still sane

Postby Chernobyl » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:58 am

I'm going to be fitting mine with clear rod for the middle, so it doesn't have that thing at one end.

CHern
www.epicarmycard.com
For ACTA and E:A resources

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests