Check these out :)

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Sancho Panza
Stoat
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:29 pm
Contact:

Check these out :)

Postby Sancho Panza » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:17 pm

The last couple of ships I painted for the ACTA painting guide (sancho panza now not Mongoose Adrian ;) ). sadly this book won't make it to print now but I thought I would share some of the finished pictures with you.

Think you'll agree the Abbai is a bit 'different' ;)...

Image


Image


Hope you like them.

Adrian
No... I bloody won't. Not with that end anyway...
Bubba Ho-Tep
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky

Postby Bubba Ho-Tep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Wow! Those are fantastic! So do you think we'll get to see the guide?
Mongoose Infantry - Kentucky
Image
Go to RPGNow for all your gaming needs.
M1ndr1d3rs
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Indonesia

Re: Check these out :)

Postby M1ndr1d3rs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Sancho Panza wrote: sancho panza now not Mongoose Adrian
Say WHAT?! :shock:

You too are getting.. ARGH, can't say the frackin word!

Beautiful ships, gonna miss them :cry:
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Frome, Somerset, UK
Contact:

Postby Shadow Queen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

yes the same as the OLD BEAR what is the world coming to????? fracking world.
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
Bubba Ho-Tep
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky

Postby Bubba Ho-Tep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:16 pm

ARMAGEDDON!!!
Mongoose Infantry - Kentucky
Image
Go to RPGNow for all your gaming needs.
Sancho Panza
Stoat
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:29 pm
Contact:

Postby Sancho Panza » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:Wow! Those are fantastic! So do you think we'll get to see the guide?

I don't know, I don't work for Mongoose Publishing any more ;).

And yes I got the poke on Friday too.
I did put a little goodbye on the Evo forums.

And no not Armageddon... For me anyway :lol:
You wouldn't believe the offers I've had in the last two days ;)
No... I bloody won't. Not with that end anyway...
M1ndr1d3rs
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Indonesia

Postby M1ndr1d3rs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Actually, I can imagine. Well, good luck old timer. Hope to see your paintings in the future.

BTW could you write some painting tips somewhere, since we amy never get your painting guide? Love those lines on the Abbai and Gaim ships.
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
Bubba Ho-Tep
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky

Postby Bubba Ho-Tep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Sancho Panza wrote:
Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:Wow! Those are fantastic! So do you think we'll get to see the guide?

I don't know, I don't work for Mongoose Publishing any more ;).

And yes I got the poke on Friday too.
I did put a little goodbye on the Evo forums.

And no not Armageddon... For me anyway :lol:
You wouldn't believe the offers I've had in the last two days ;)
Glad to hear you are getting offers. I'm sure we'll see ya around here from time to time. Let us know where you end up.
Mongoose Infantry - Kentucky
Image
Go to RPGNow for all your gaming needs.
CheesyRobMan
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: Belfast, NI
Contact:

Postby CheesyRobMan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Those are very, very nicely done. Did you get to keep them? :D
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!"
Funbeast
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:16 pm
Location: Walsall, West midlands, UK
Contact:

Postby Funbeast » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:48 pm

WOW! a fleet of those Abbai would look amazing.
Shame i can't paint.

Good luck.
Bubba Ho-Tep
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky

Postby Bubba Ho-Tep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:10 pm

So how long did each one of those take you to paint?
Mongoose Infantry - Kentucky
Image
Go to RPGNow for all your gaming needs.
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3858
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:51 am
Location: Near Mt. St. Helens (that volcano)

Postby BuShips » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Adrian, that's what I call a "sector 14" paint job (a good thing in case you're wondering). :D

Best to you on your new journeys.

It might be possible to see that painting guide released on PDF, if Matt decides to do that. :wink:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
Image
Bubba Ho-Tep
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky

Postby Bubba Ho-Tep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:23 pm

BuShips wrote:Adrian, that's what I call a "sector 14" paint job (a good thing in case you're wondering). :D

Best to you on your new journeys.

It might be possible to see that painting guide released on PDF, if Matt decides to do that. :wink:
Let's just bug him until he does. :twisted:
Mongoose Infantry - Kentucky
Image
Go to RPGNow for all your gaming needs.
noobdelux
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:03 pm

Postby noobdelux » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:29 pm

crying out loud man well.. i think i got to pm ya i guess.. lol
Image
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:00 pm

I would want to buy a copy of the painting guide if it was released.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
noobdelux
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:03 pm

Postby noobdelux » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:14 pm

sadly i dont think that will happend : (

not this year annyway
Image
M1ndr1d3rs
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Indonesia

Postby M1ndr1d3rs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
BuShips wrote:Adrian, that's what I call a "sector 14" paint job (a good thing in case you're wondering). :D

Best to you on your new journeys.

It might be possible to see that painting guide released on PDF, if Matt decides to do that. :wink:
Let's just bug him until he does. :twisted:
If they cancel the book, do you really think they'll release a PDF? Nearly as much effort, no profit.

Oh, what the hell... Let's bug 'em anyway! ^_^
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3858
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:51 am
Location: Near Mt. St. Helens (that volcano)

Postby BuShips » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:28 pm

M1ndr1d3rs wrote:If they cancel the book, do you really think they'll release a PDF? Nearly as much effort, no profit.
I was basing my comment on seeing Matt say somewhere that the book was almost finished. They also had the new SST rules done and Matt mentioned that they would be made available for d/l.
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
Image
M1ndr1d3rs
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Indonesia

Postby M1ndr1d3rs » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 am

BuShips wrote:
M1ndr1d3rs wrote:If they cancel the book, do you really think they'll release a PDF? Nearly as much effort, no profit.
I was basing my comment on seeing Matt say somewhere that the book was almost finished. They also had the new SST rules done and Matt mentioned that they would be made available for d/l.
Hope the comment wasn't too outdated. I certainly hope you're right. I know I need a guidebook. Most of my current paintjobs are results of exhausting trial and error.

So let's start bugging him! ^_^

YOOHOO! MATT.... I know you're reading this...Please let us have the painting guide. Pleeease :lol:
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
Blu_Majik
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: the Royal Burgh of Rutherglen (UK)

Postby Blu_Majik » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:24 pm

those ships are awesome, love the NMM.
"Let the others come after us, we welcome the chase"

William Struth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests