Mongoose We Want 2E Counters.

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Mongoose We Want 2E Counters.

Postby JayRaider » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:28 pm

ACTA gamers were given an assurance previously that a suitable counter pack would be developed for 2E.
I'm here to remind Mongoose of that.
Please support this topic.
Please support gamers who don't have the money to buy the ACTA models.
Thank you.
:)
Sigmar357
Mongoose

Postby Sigmar357 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Heh, when did this happen? I guess i support it means i can test ships without having to spend £30 for a dam adira class!. Any idea when this release is due?.
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JayRaider » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Sigmar357 wrote:Heh, when did this happen? I guess i support it means i can test ships without having to spend £30 for a dam adira class!. Any idea when this release is due?.
Unknown at this time.
NX_Phoenix
Shrew

Postby NX_Phoenix » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:20 pm

As a representative of the cheap bastard faction of gamers (yes, I know that's an oxymoron) I really would like the return of counters. One of the reasons I got into ACTA was because I didn't have to buy hundreds of dollars of miniatures to play a game. I would like to continue playing ACTA and try new fleets with well defined order by using counters. I like variety in what I play so having a full set of counters really helps. Also, when showing ACTA to people who haven't played before it is much easier and has a much better impact if I use the proper counters associated with the ships used rather than just substitutions (people like starting with Dilgar). When I find a fleet I consistently like and have a surplus of money (which considering I'm in college means I most likely won't be having any $150+ surpluses any time soon) I'll finally buy a miniature fleet but until then I'll be a counter based player.
"There is always hope, only because it’s the one thing that no one has figured out how to kill yet."
--Galen, Crusade, "Racing the Night"
n815e
Banded Mongoose

Postby n815e » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:35 pm

I, too, would like this.
Gloat when you win and belittle your opponents' victories.
Chernobyl
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Chernobyl » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:39 pm

seconded, thirded, and possibly fourthed.

Chern
www.epicarmycard.com
For ACTA and E:A resources

[Omicron]Urobach
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby [Omicron]Urobach » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Sigmar357 wrote:Heh, when did this happen? I guess i support it means i can test ships without having to spend £30 for a dam adira class!. Any idea when this release is due?.
Or 50 USD for an Drakh Mothership....I want to play with the Drakh to test them but most of the Minis are/have
1. really expensive.
2. not excellent quality or an bad design...the Cruiser, the Carrier, the Mothership. We want this from the Show.(sorry my think)

There are a lot of fan-made counters for counter-less fleets like Dilgar and Drakh. And I thank all this players for their work on the counters, really.

But we need more... :roll:
I change my name with every, new project...

inq101
Banded Mongoose

Postby inq101 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Here here!
Just because I can't use the ship for intergalactic darts doesn't mean I can't SAY I'm using it for intergalactic darts.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Counters, yes please!

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Grimbart_Kriegsaxt
Mongoose

Postby Grimbart_Kriegsaxt » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:25 pm

IM all for counters...
Im buying the minis anyway.. but how shall i teach or show the game to interested poeple without counters? Ok i can join the Mongoose Infa and buy demo fleets with the money i get ( or whatever) but i actually dont want that since i dont like to report every other week or whatever ^^.

So please give us counters ^^
"So what is it this time, Mr. Bester? Hunting out freedom-fighters, pulling wings off flies, annexing Sudetenland?"

(Zack Allen)

"Für das Licht"
(Battlecry on board ISA Whitestar "Berlin")
kalain76
Weasel

Postby kalain76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:27 pm

Yes! Bring back the counters (including new fleets and the missing Vorlon Fighters from the last go-round)!!
Nilus
Cub

Postby Nilus » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:09 pm

I'd love to see a set of 2E counters as a PDF download from Drivethru RPG.
eldiablito
Mongoose

Postby eldiablito » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:42 am

Yes! I would buy a set of counters for the new ships and new races.

If there wasn't enough Gaim fighters, then I'd buy a second set too! Although the Gaim is NOT what I plan to play any time soon.
Start the chanting, "Dominus!"
David, Anla Shok'
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby David, Anla Shok' » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:28 am

I prefer minis to counters but the counters would be sweet for travelling if nothing else...
We are Anla Shok. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. "David. From nowhere in particular. Shok'Na, Captain. I'm looking for something."
Misiolak
Stoat

Postby Misiolak » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:03 am

I already have two minis fleets, but some official 2E counters would be nice, and I wouldn't stop buying minis.
Ministalker
Stoat

Postby Ministalker » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:34 am

Counters are definitely a good way to test fleets before buying the minis.
It would probably be more a help than a risk for Mongoose to sell more minis.
I support this idea
David, Anla Shok'
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby David, Anla Shok' » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:54 am

Misiolak wrote:I already have two minis fleets, but some official 2E counters would be nice, and I wouldn't stop buying minis.
LOL, I have eight fleets, the original counter sets and would still buy a new counter set. ;)

(standing) My name is Dave, and I'm a pewterholic" ;>
We are Anla Shok. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. "David. From nowhere in particular. Shok'Na, Captain. I'm looking for something."
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:41 am

David, Anla Shok' wrote:LOL, I have eight fleets, the original counter sets and would still buy a new counter set. ;)
And Londo would say: The humans had art, trinkets and eccentricity to spare. :lol:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
wpngjstr
Mongoose

Postby wpngjstr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:08 am

I'll add my vote for a new counter set- my kitchen surface is really gett....what? Oh sorry, wrong sort of counter

I've got one fleet of minis, looking at two more, and I still want counters, mostly for a) Travel (I do a lot of it), and b) let new guys try out fleets to suck them in...
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:55 am

I have said before, put me down for a full pre-order set as soon as you release them.

When trying to get someone new into the game, nothing helps more than having every possible fleet to hand courtesy of a set of legal-sided envelopes....
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.