EVO HORROR : New Ruleset Now Online to Read

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

EVO HORROR : New Ruleset Now Online to Read

Postby soulman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:23 pm

http://www.btinternet.com/~david.manley ... es_PDF.pdf

Above Link to DM`s website, showing my work onto now, using the Horror ruleset, you can play out any Horror type Games...

Rules are always being worked on, so input is always nice...

Injoy..

Coming soon : Giant Mech combat, and Modern Jet rules........
lt.harper
Banded Mongoose

Postby lt.harper » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Nice man, ill have to try them out. Good job :wink:
"BUGS! BUGS!"
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:10 am

Cheers H, they really need play testing, i`m trying to beat horrorclix and all things zombie using Evo rules..

They look good, and so much can be added, i`m adding evil dead soon, and maybe the main cast from Planet terror, the girl with the m4 leg..!!!!

Feedback always welcome

Alan-Uk
Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Postby Aussie-Richard » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Just watched "28 Weeks Later" today.... Hmmm.... Zombie slashing fun! How would you model using a chopper to... well... chop up a Zombie horde? I can't see me getting away with that tactic with my mates!
"It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Midnite Oil: The Power & The Passion.
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Many thanks for checking out my hard work my friend, i guess use copter rules, and its CC attacks to all in 10" maybe..
"But i guess you going to have fub anyway..!!!! "

Hope you like my work, and some of it is of use, i hope people can playtest and let me know what needs to be fixed...

I tried to flesh out weapons, mainly hand to hand, so now its a choice, do i use the Hammer or a pick axe :-)

All can be mixed with normal evo..

In time i work on my alien vs Pred etc, with the new film coming out, and onto the thing and others..

Have some BLOODY good fun
Alan-Uk
Wishbone
Mongoose

Postby Wishbone » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:39 pm

lookin' damned good. gotta get me some alien figs and something to use as colonial marines ;) - sourced them in 15mm to keep from getting too expensive. i reckon change scale to 1"=1cm and all will be well.

a dropship and apc would also be kewl. shouldn't be too hard to make - got the technical manual somewhere!
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello wishbone, instead of doing a aliens Evo, i thought i stick it in the Horror ruleset..

If you do any testing let me know, i will add over time preds and of course marines, with motion trackers etc....

I watched mars attack last night, i hope my mars rules fit it..!!!
Wishbone
Mongoose

Postby Wishbone » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:52 pm

well, cross it with some spacehulk rules and you have the blips in already ;)

and it doesn't need its own ruleset anyway. thats the joy of Evo!
kodiak155
Weasel

My name is Ash - and I am a slave.

Postby kodiak155 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:28 am

Aussie-Richard wrote:Just watched "28 Weeks Later" today.... Hmmm.... Zombie slashing fun! How would you model using a chopper to... well... chop up a Zombie horde? I can't see me getting away with that tactic with my mates!
Yeah, and remember to bring your BOOMSTICK!
"No mission plan for any branch of the military is ever complete without a Fire Support annex." - U.S. Army Field Artillery School quote.
Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Re: My name is Ash - and I am a slave.

Postby Aussie-Richard » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:08 am

kodiak155 wrote:
Aussie-Richard wrote:Just watched "28 Weeks Later" today.... Hmmm.... Zombie slashing fun! How would you model using a chopper to... well... chop up a Zombie horde? I can't see me getting away with that tactic with my mates!
Yeah, and remember to bring your BOOMSTICK!
That would be "The stick that speaks with Fire, Thunder & Lightening"? Like a shotgun? That is SO passe! After I saw the pilot of that Gazelle in '28 Weeks Later" just power his rotors right on through the horde, I just knew that killing zombies was never going to be the same again....

BTW, are there any Helo Jockeys out there who know if you could do that and fly away? 'Cos he did!
"It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Midnite Oil: The Power & The Passion.
kodiak155
Weasel

Helicopter quizinarts.

Postby kodiak155 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:59 am

I'm not a chopper pilot, but I do know that you would not be able to do that and fly off. You'd damage your rotors and crash the aircraft.
"No mission plan for any branch of the military is ever complete without a Fire Support annex." - U.S. Army Field Artillery School quote.
Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Postby Aussie-Richard » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:51 am

You know, that's what I thought. I kinda suspected that the pilot was going to 'take one for the team' like the soldier-boy did later... a little surprised to see him turn up at the end.

Thing is, though, in Evo:Horror it is pretty much ALL movie based stuff, so I should be allowed to fly off, 'cos they did in the movie........ Yeah? And if I can fly off, then I COULD do a second attack run....... Or maybe that might be pushing friendships?
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:00 am

"Its always nice to egt your chopper out " :-)

I tried to make Evo Horror, movie based, so you can turn the film you like into a Game, for me thats starting by looking at my dvds in my bedroom..!!!

I will be adding Evil Dead stuff soon, just needsome ideas on the "Taking over " theme in the films...

I hope i got the shotguns right in the rules...?

I`m was watching Doom last night, i do like the look of the film, cool monsters, and it was spookly, all that dark tunnels etc..

I hope then the xbox 360 Aliens game comes out, if have that fear factor as well, some thing missing from online gaming..

Back to Evo -
Hope to catch the new Aliens film in the next 2 weeks, and will add stats for them as well..

Remember, Evo Horror, is for all movie type games, be it Horror, or Just a good shootout, like die hard 4, so add what you wish...

Hope you like the character classes, in the future you can add things like pom-pom cheerleader, or Mad scientist, who is not scared of fear...!!
"Because he`s MAD.."

Cheers boys