Does it really matter who the NDA Co. is at this point?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Paladin
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: NDA company - who cares?

Postby Paladin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:42 am

tiepilot1138 wrote:
demonllamma wrote:From what I understand, the nonpainted stuff is something of a holdover until they can get everything squared away with the mysterious Company X (cue dramatic music).
The problem with this is that the wargame crowd (and hobbyists in general) are a fickle crowd. They aren't going to wait 2 years (and by the time the pre-paints come out again we'll be going on at least 18 months, assuming that they actually meet this estimate). They are going to move onto something else. By the time BFE gets back on it's feet, gamer's money will be invested in something else.
Yes, but they do continue to generate new income, which will continue to be spent at a later date. ;)
tiepilot1138
Banded Mongoose

Re: NDA company - who cares?

Postby tiepilot1138 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:48 am

Paladin wrote: Yes, but they do continue to generate new income, which will continue to be spent at a later date. ;)
I agree, but when they get into a new game/hobby, that new hobby tends to take up much of that generated income...
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:19 am

Well, I looking forward to Jan. GW new Ork Codex will be out with plenty of green goodness. Plan on using GW 40k rules, but adding the reaction rules of BFE. also having units that fight CC to break apart like in BFE at the end of the round.

IF, and I say IF MG or the so called Mystery Company EVER does anything that will work with my present BFE stuff, fine, if not, forgetaboutit.
"On the Bounce"
mutantpoo
Banded Mongoose

Postby mutantpoo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:57 am

The Old Soldier wrote:Well, I looking forward to Jan. GW new Ork Codex will be out with plenty of green goodness. Plan on using GW 40k rules, but adding the reaction rules of BFE. also having units that fight CC to break apart like in BFE at the end of the round.

IF, and I say IF MG or the so called Mystery Company EVER does anything that will work with my present BFE stuff, fine, if not, forgetaboutit.
As is or do you have some different way of adding them ?
Captain............" FIRE AT WILL ! "

Will.................." OH GOD NO ! PLEASE NOT AGAIN ! STOP STOP !!!!!!!!!! "
Bondarus
Stoat

Postby Bondarus » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm

My two cents...

I stopped buying new BFEvo stuff when it looked like the line was in trouble. Thats not to say I didn't love what i already had, but I wasn't going to put any more money in to a line until I had some quarantees about its future.

This whole situation with the third party company will either rekindle my passion for the line or will completely bury it.

I feel at the moment, as a lot you others do, that 'this situation' has probably killed the game anyway, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anywho, all pessimism aside, I hope all you guys have a great christmas and an insane new year.
www.myspace.com/enochiantheoryband

www.enochiantheory.co.uk - Multi media sections, press reviews, interviews & tour news

New album 'EVOLUTION: Creatio Ex Nihilio' out NOW

'A monument to the death of an idea' EP also available
kodiak155
Weasel

All-together different type of game

Postby kodiak155 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:36 am

For those of you that may have played the game - Vivendi has hinted that it may just give up the rights to the game "Homeworld"; and THQ will pick it up and possibly produce a "Homeworld 3"! For those of you that have not played it, pick up the Homeworld series (Homeworld, Homeworld: Cataclysm, and Homeworld 2) of PC games and try it out. I promise you won't be dissappointed. The background screenshots and storyline are unbelievable. It's truly and awesome game.
kodiak155
Weasel

Gamers nearby

Postby kodiak155 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:44 am

BTW, anybody live close to Springfield, GA? I am sick of driving into Savannah, jockeying thru traffic, to get to a hobby store I usually play at and find very few people to play. I tried to meet-up with with a gamer who posts here, but meeting at the shop never panned out. I am a mediocre (at best) player of WH40k (Space Marines & Necron) and BFE (USMC). Drop me a post and we'll work something out.
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:27 am

mutantpoo wrote:
The Old Soldier wrote:Well, I looking forward to Jan. GW new Ork Codex will be out with plenty of green goodness. Plan on using GW 40k rules, but adding the reaction rules of BFE. also having units that fight CC to break apart like in BFE at the end of the round.

As is or do you have some different way of adding them ?
Yea, I use 40k as is. I just add the 10" reaction rule, and 40K CC as is, but have the models break at the end of the round like BFE. That way, the next player may countercharge or run, ect. Seem to work.
"On the Bounce"
DoomOnYou72
Weasel

Re: Gamers nearby

Postby DoomOnYou72 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:40 pm

kodiak155 wrote:BTW, anybody live close to Springfield, GA? I am sick of driving into Savannah, jockeying thru traffic, to get to a hobby store I usually play at and find very few people to play. I tried to meet-up with with a gamer who posts here, but meeting at the shop never panned out. I am a mediocre (at best) player of WH40k (Space Marines & Necron) and BFE (USMC). Drop me a post and we'll work something out.
People really live out in Springfield? :lol: Just kidding Im down Richmond Hill. We are not really doing Evo or ST right now but we still game. If youre interested in doing some gaming send me a PM.
"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
kodiak155
Weasel

Springfield, land of the free

Postby kodiak155 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:23 pm

Yeah, we're hold-outs from the War of Northern Agression. We're also preparing for when the Chinese try and invade.
"No mission plan for any branch of the military is ever complete without a Fire Support annex." - U.S. Army Field Artillery School quote.