When? When??!!

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Bede
Mongoose

Postby Bede » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Aussie-Richard wrote:But seriously, though.... ANYTHING yet? Or are we still waiting for (Insert name of lawyers here) to blink?
You still believe that whole story about the lawyers, non-disclosure agreement, etc. ?

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. .......
Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Postby Aussie-Richard » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:14 am

Bede wrote:
Aussie-Richard wrote:But seriously, though.... ANYTHING yet? Or are we still waiting for (Insert name of lawyers here) to blink?
You still believe that whole story about the lawyers, non-disclosure agreement, etc. ?

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. .......
Thanks for the offer, Bede, but I am a Sydney boy, we are pretty well sorted for a bridge.......

I really hadn't thought that there was any level of deception being practiced here by MGP. I happen to believe Matt and the boys when they tell us that SOMETHING is in the pipeline. If it wasn't, why bother with a Big Fib? Or are you saying that they have whats happening sorted, but they are just keeping it quiet?
"It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Midnite Oil: The Power & The Passion.
kodiak155
Weasel

Postby kodiak155 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 am

I think th' Man is keeping it suppressed. It doesn't fit into their NWO.
"No mission plan for any branch of the military is ever complete without a Fire Support annex." - U.S. Army Field Artillery School quote.
127th Angry Angels
Banded Mongoose

Postby 127th Angry Angels » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Can we even get an indication that the deal is alive and well?
Check out Diamortis for your melodic death metal needs :)

http://www.myspace.com/diamortis
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JayRaider » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Hmmm continued silence.
Obviously things have not gone as expected. :?
Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

Postby Armchair_Marine » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Matt should be posting something to ease our worries any minute now......rrrright...NOW!
Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

Postby Armchair_Marine » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Rrrrright...NOW!!
dsfrankevo
Mongoose

Postby dsfrankevo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:46 pm

emperorpenguin wrote:maybe "they" were Benazir Bhutto? :| (ducks)
Might as well be
"You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell!"
Buzz Lightyear

Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

Postby Armchair_Marine » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:55 pm

RRRrrrrrrrrrrrright.........nnnnnnnnnn...NOW!

NnnnnnnnNOW!

No wait, wait, here it comes.....
tealzooka
Stoat

Postby tealzooka » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:29 am

Nope just me :twisted:
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother;
Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

Postby Armchair_Marine » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:01 am

<stands on rooftop and points at road>

Wait..wait, he's coming rrriiight nnnnnNOW....

Nnnnoow....
127th Angry Angels
Banded Mongoose

Postby 127th Angry Angels » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:14 am

The waiting for this has got to such a point that i've bought back into 40k after 4.5 years of sobriety.

I know it's the EE but at least i'm pre jaded with them and don't have high expectations. This is also likely to have a big effect on a previously 90% mongoose orientated wargames budget.

Dammit, you made me do it!

Daddy Dragon
Mongoose

Postby Daddy Dragon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:36 am

It is only because of the pending Dark Heresy release that I am even beginning to comtemplate doing the same thing, thus ending both my son's and my own six years of exile as well.

Are BF:E stuff has been boxed up and is in storage, where it has been since October.
"They'd have labeled it an accidental shooting, if he hadn't changed the magazine."

"Twice."
SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SnowDog » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:38 am

As much as I hate to promote other companies' products here I still think that I have to make an exception in this case. While you are considering to get back to WH:40K do yourself a favor and get Stargrunt II. It has some feel of the BF:E and is completely generic (you can use BF:E and/or WH:40K figures with it for example). It's done by Ground Zero Games...
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."
Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Postby Aussie-Richard » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:36 am

Or you could stay kinda true to your faith, and use the Evo rules with the 40k stats modified for Evo, from the Mongoose Mods Yahoo group.... seeing as how pretty much everyone agrees that the rules are awesome, and the lack of models is the problem!
"It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Midnite Oil: The Power & The Passion.
127th Angry Angels
Banded Mongoose

Postby 127th Angry Angels » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 am

I played BF:Evo at the weekend and enjoyed alot (despite loosin, let's not talk about it) i've got a fair sized army both MGP and "others" It stands at the moment as

3 command squads
3 Warriors
3 infantry squads
1 SAS squad
2 Landrovers
1 Lynx proxy
2 Challenger 2s
1 Leopard 2A6 (Dragon armour, it's pretty :-) )

I've plenty to play with so it comes down to keeping me interested. At the moment there's nothing from MGP to do that. No new mini's, no new rules and most disappointing no news. It was acknowledged that we Evo fans know suffering in the mongoose address, i think that's true particularly for the old guard who lost SST and got hacked off then got BF:Evo in the meantime to then have that pulled and be told that SST was going back to how it was anyway and not Evo. I've been waiting for mongoose in one way or another for a LONG time. I've been pretty loyal, argued pro mongoose with alot people but i'm fed up now. Not even a whisper on where this is going anymore and it had pretty short life. And even if the NDA is lifted tomorrow, i'd still have to wait while it's all re-done and repackaged etc while mongoose concentrates on SST. So it could be 6 months? A year? Bah!

If it wasn't for Evo Command this would have collapsed along time ago because no one is that bothered about this game at mongoose anymore. It was an experiment in pre-paints to see if would sink or save the SST range...i guess now they know.

I feel abit cheated about having sunk alot of time and cash into it to be strung along and forgotten and ignored. The more i write the more angry i get so i'm gonna leave here rather then go too far.

Back to my Eldar...

SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SnowDog » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Yes, well I feel for you. For me, the loss was not that great (in terms of money) as I only got two squads or Marines and one Abrams and although I like the minis I am not going to get more until I get a better view on where I am jumping.

Although getting the ball running will take time (and effort) Mongoose could still support the line by publishing scenarios or even campaigns. Yes, that might not be enough for you AA but maybe it will ease the pain of some? :)
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:42 pm

If you haven't already, you might want to stop by this thread.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... hp?t=33025

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SnowDog » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Yeah, I just noticed it after posting that reply :P A bit embarrasing for me, actually.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:16 pm

Well I have

4 squads of EFTF Brit INF
2 Challenger IIS
4 Warriors with 4 Command squads
2 Squads of SAS

I think that's all

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades