How long?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

How long?

Postby Mage » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:04 am

So are the kniks in Battlefield evolution getting sorted out for the same time as SST evo, or what?
I really am starting to come around and want to get into this game now. Help!
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:56 am

Magic 8 ball say: "Try again later"
"On the Bounce"
shotgun-toting chipmunk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby shotgun-toting chipmunk » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:33 am

Near as I can figure the issues for one affect the other. The main issue seems to be the factory, and they're looking at other options. They're going to keep the current line going, however, so there's really no need to hold off getting into the game.
www.zupandevelopment.com
-------------------------------------------------------
"Lord I pray for the eyes of an eagle, the heart of a lion, and the balls of a combat helicopter pilot." -Fighter Pilot's Prayer
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JayRaider » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:30 am

shotgun-toting chipmunk wrote:Near as I can figure the issues for one affect the other. The main issue seems to be the factory, and they're looking at other options. They're going to keep the current line going, however, so there's really no need to hold off getting into the game.
Agreed. I've just spent a bundle on the game :shock: :D
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:27 pm

Well, it would be nice to hear a mongoose person tell us something, even something that is not very useful. If I heard the estimated time it would take, multiplied by two just for the sake of worse case scenario happening, I would be overjoyed, and hell, I might even by some miniatures...
B_Steele
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby B_Steele » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:53 pm

Well, it would be nice to hear a mongoose person tell us something, even something that is not very useful.
Well, I just cleaned out the cages for my hedgehog and degu. That is likely not to be very useful. :)

Seriously though, if I can get some extra decent info for you guys, I'll try.

Promise.

Cheers,
Bry
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:20 pm

Yay!

I'll make that the official line on the rest of the web. Hedgehog caes for BFE and Space Hedgehogs for SSTE, the fifth race.

Seriously though, Thanks for the answer.

Mongosse Publishing: The People's gaming company!
Rob_A
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rob_A » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 am

Mage wrote: Mongosse Publishing: The People's gaming company!
In a sort of loose, round-and-about way.
Until they have sorted all this out, I will feel the same way.
At the beginning of the year, I felt that MGP were going to do really well. They started off great. Seriously though, if I don't see any great steps come September, I'm gonna start giving up.
I have been patient, really patient. I can be more patient as it is a game I really do enjoy.
I do say screw the helicopters though. Give us the support units for gawds sakes!
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:43 am

Mongosse Publishing: The People's gaming company!

Sound like a PLA slogan. :shock:

I'll say no more.....
"On the Bounce"
vitalis6969
Banded Mongoose

Postby vitalis6969 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:10 am

Rob_alderman wrote:I do say screw the helicopters though. Give us the support units for gawds sakes!
Straight up with what I have been thinking all along. WTF are they thinking making air units before ground units are even complete or at least fleshed out.

I love MGP, but they seem to try to put the cart, horse, load, driver and every other stupid thing they can think of across the line at the same time. The very concept of the KISS method seems to escape them, or at least the balls to stand up to a very whiny segment of their fans.

-V
B5 ACTA, Tanked... Battlefield Evolution, Tanked... Mongoose Traveller, this is your last chance...
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:59 am

I thought the helicopters were nice minis. I'm sure this will all be sorted out by christmas, but I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell anything will be done by September.

I'm still going to be patient though.
shotgun-toting chipmunk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby shotgun-toting chipmunk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Why push the helos? Because if there's one thing they learned with SST, it's that people were upset about not getting the air units. It's a priority now, esp. since it is one of the very nice parts of the system that set it apart from other games.

Forget other support units, I want my Super Cobra! :D Then USMC Command Squad, then EFV...and an Osprey!
www.zupandevelopment.com
-------------------------------------------------------
"Lord I pray for the eyes of an eagle, the heart of a lion, and the balls of a combat helicopter pilot." -Fighter Pilot's Prayer
retaf33c
Mongoose

Postby retaf33c » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:39 pm

As much as I would love to have the air assets, I want a command unit for my US Marines Infantry army. Can we at least get the card!
Xorrandor
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Xorrandor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Rob_alderman wrote:I do say screw the helicopters though. Give us the support units for gawds sakes!
Fourthed. I'm confused by all this: September's releases should have been in the factory by August at the very latest. So a decent chunk of them should have been done before we heard about the delay decision. I do hope, given all the recent toy recalls, that we aren't looking at a safety issue? I have a four-year-old, and although he doesn't generally eat my minis, I'd like to know if he can handle them without washing up afterwards...
lochmoigh
Weasel

Postby lochmoigh » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:44 pm

Mage wrote:I thought the helicopters were nice minis. I'm sure this will all be sorted out by christmas,
Sounds like when soldiers say "the war will be over and we'll be home by Christmas." And the war drags on for another year.
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:36 pm

retaf33c wrote:As much as I would love to have the air assets, I want a command unit for my US Marines Infantry army. Can we at least get the card!
Just use the EFTF one. After all how different can it be? I use Eureka metal minis for my command element. If you want it to be a 4 man Command group, add a extra rifleman for 15pts. Easy.

Same holds true for MEA government Command. Use the PLA card. Till MP prints their cards, which I expect to see in the next issue of S&P. Again models from Eureka will work very well to represent them. I just put together my MEA government Platoon using Eureka figures.
"On the Bounce"
katadder
Chief Mongoose

Postby katadder » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:56 pm

talking of which, why is a command section 3 men?
1st & Only Centauri Grand Admiral

LONAW Fleets: http://www.mediafire.com/?tddmi2mjcl2
britneyfan97
Banded Mongoose

Postby britneyfan97 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Lt. / Platoon Sergeant / RTO
katadder
Chief Mongoose

Postby katadder » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:09 pm

i know that, but in theory a command section should be 6 guys - Lt, radio operator, 4 big uglies to keep the nasty people frombothering the Lt. or at least operate as a standard fireteam anyway.
1st & Only Centauri Grand Admiral

LONAW Fleets: http://www.mediafire.com/?tddmi2mjcl2
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:56 pm

katadder wrote:i know that, but in theory a command section should be 6 guys - Lt, radio operator, 4 big uglies to keep the nasty people frombothering the Lt. or at least operate as a standard fireteam anyway.
Use the EFTF card, then add 3 infantry with rifles for 15 points each. USMC command!!! Just use the weapons and stats of the marines.
"On the Bounce"