Page 1 of 5

Question to Mongoose Regarding The Future Or Lack Of.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:27 am
by JayRaider
Before i spend even more money on this game i'd like an assurance from Mongoose that this game isn't going to be cancelled.
I'll hold Mongoose to its word on the matter!
I can't help but feel that the S&P article was preparing us for the eventual announcement in the future that Mongoose are gonna cease production of BFE models.
Add to this the total shutdown of further releases and you can see why i'm suspicous :)

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:53 am
by Chiwie
dont blame ya, personally ill be taking anything they say right now with a healthy dose of salt. :(

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:40 pm
by Captain_Nemo
That much salt has been known to stop hearts.....

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:38 pm
by CaseyGMU
I'd like someone to guarantee that the models they originally planned for, like the ones they originally playtested for balance and the like, are going to be released.

If that doesn't happen then I'll lose a lot of faith in Mongoose that they released a half game that cost me the price of a Nintendo Wii with a bunch of games and controllers ;)

Seriously, Mongoose needs to release their initial schedule of releases that they planned for during playtesting to give us a complete game or I'll be rather upset.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:54 am
by brook
Personally, I would love to see Corgi or another similiar company take the game over. We could get some real cool models.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:27 pm
by Prophet
Better than 2 days now and still no one who can/will say anything "official", Not really surprising to be honest.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:31 pm
by Chiwie
sounds like they decided to dump in' run.

oh well, looks like we are on our own and, im sad to say it, better off.

i look forward to this happening to SST Evo in 6 to 12 months :roll:

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:42 pm
by lastbesthope
Prophet wrote:Better than 2 days now and still no one who can/will say anything "official", Not really surprising to be honest.
1) It's still less than 48 hours by my reckoning at the current time.

2) They've made an officiaol announcement, maybe they're not making another one yet because there is nothing morre to say as yet.

LBH

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:06 pm
by katadder
the official one doesnt say much though, just more delays.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:15 pm
by JayRaider
The guys in this forum have spent alot of money on this game, demo'ed it on their own time, made a website to promote it .
Yet Mongoose couldn't spare a few minutes to answer questions today in this forum?.
The gamers in here deserved more respect.
Mongoose should have been here to answer questions as best it could. To take the critism when it was justified and to refute the while speculations.
Don't the gamers deserve that much Mongoose?
I've lost respect for your company .

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 pm
by katadder
well they said its gonna be delayed to make sure its the best it can be from what i saw.
from the article its not gonna be cancelled

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:19 am
by Secesh
The game hasn't been "delayed" or "postponed" it's been placed in an indefinite "holding pattern". That could be for six months. Or six years. And if it ever does come back it probably won't be the same format.

The war is over mate. Give back the helmet.

Or join the partisans up in the hills on EvoCommand.com

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:36 am
by Chiwie
Secesh wrote:Or join the partisans up in the hills on EvoCommand.com
we actually release stuff on time up there ;) :P (in jest)

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:13 am
by Pietia
Chiwie wrote:
Secesh wrote:Or join the partisans up in the hills on EvoCommand.com
we actually release stuff on time up there ;) :P (in jest)
Sometimes even earlier ;-)

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:26 am
by MongooseMatt
lastbesthope wrote:
2) They've made an officiaol announcement, maybe they're not making another one yet because there is nothing morre to say as yet.

LBH
Bingo.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:55 am
by soulman
This game will never die, rules come with the figs, there is a advanced rulebook, and people have already done cards for most world units....

The rules will live on, its only the pre-painted figs that are held back....

Since this is a 20mm/28mm game system it will alays be around to play, maybe in the future mongoose will just work on the rules system and card units only....

See you on the battlefield.........

Yes i would like there to have been more but hey...

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:34 am
by mallymoocow
for me this period is kind of beneficial as i am moving house, so got a lot of stuff to sort out before grabbing more minis

but i believe this "evolution" seris of games will still be going strong when MP release the new models and material simply down to its core design and open access

plus all the various player feedback and interest really gives it a pulse

Re: Yes i would like there to have been more but hey...

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:35 am
by Prophet
mallymoocow wrote:for me this period is kind of beneficial as i am moving house, so got a lot of stuff to sort out before grabbing more minis

but i believe this "evolution" seris of games will still be going strong when MP release the new models and material simply down to its core design and open access

plus all the various player feedback and interest really gives it a pulse
I do hope that you are right.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 am
by Lord David the Denied
soulman wrote:This game will never die, rules come with the figs, there is a advanced rulebook, and people have already done cards for most world units....

The rules will live on, its only the pre-painted figs that are held back....

Since this is a 20mm/28mm game system it will alays be around to play, maybe in the future mongoose will just work on the rules system and card units only....

See you on the battlefield.........
This is the position I tried to explain to a friend of mine, but he's convinced BF:Evo is dead and so is SST. I'm not sure what he's thinking but he seems to blame MGP for choices he and fellow players have made...

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:11 pm
by Chiwie
Lord David the Denied wrote:
soulman wrote:This game will never die, rules come with the figs, there is a advanced rulebook, and people have already done cards for most world units....

The rules will live on, its only the pre-painted figs that are held back....

Since this is a 20mm/28mm game system it will alays be around to play, maybe in the future mongoose will just work on the rules system and card units only....

See you on the battlefield.........
This is the position I tried to explain to a friend of mine, but he's convinced BF:Evo is dead and so is SST. I'm not sure what he's thinking but he seems to blame MGP for choices he and fellow players have made...
i cant say i blame him, but have you shown him around evo command, the fan lists and 3rd party minis???