Question to Mongoose Regarding The Future Or Lack Of.

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Xorrandor
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Xorrandor » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:56 pm

The Old Soldier wrote:Jay, this is not about the air assets. And everything was not going well before the air assets.
Agreed. Air assets wouldn't be holding up SST:Evo, for instance.
Bede
Mongoose

Postby Bede » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:02 pm

There's an announcement on TMP that says some miniatures company has purchased Mighty Armies from Mongoose.

Could that be the "other company"?
Prophet

Postby Prophet » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:03 pm

Bede wrote:There's an announcement on TMP that says some miniatures company has purchased Mighty Armies from Mongoose.

Could that be the "other company"?
Got a link?
Bede
Mongoose

Postby Bede » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Stonehorse
Banded Mongoose

Postby Stonehorse » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:12 pm

Bede wrote:here is the link

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/599724/
I'm over come with joy. I love MA, it's a cracking little game. I hope it goes well with these new guys running the show.
Live in West Yorkshire and looking to game? Check out http://www.leeds-nightowls.co.uk/
Mac
Weasel

Postby Mac » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:25 pm

Prophet

Postby Prophet » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am

Thanks for the link.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:18 pm

It's also here on the Mongoose boards, though not really any detail:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... hp?t=30418

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
PilGrim
Mongoose

Postby PilGrim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Actually the whole BF:EVO "holding pattern" is my fault. I have worked it out.

I found a set of rules which I liked, started to get some figures together, then the "holding pattern". :(

Then I finally saw AT43, bought into that, and then the week after Rackham announce their own problems and file for financial protection. :oops:
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:21 pm

PilGrim wrote:Actually the whole BF:EVO "holding pattern" is my fault. I have worked it out.

I found a set of rules which I liked, started to get some figures together, then the "holding pattern". :(

Then I finally saw AT43, bought into that, and then the week after Rackham announce their own problems and file for financial protection. :oops:
Well, at least we avoided that. . .
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JayRaider » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:28 pm

PilGrim wrote:Actually the whole BF:EVO "holding pattern" is my fault. I have worked it out.

Holy smoke, they did? :shock:
PilGrim
Mongoose

Postby PilGrim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:38 pm

Sort of, but that don't mean they are kaput. They have announced they are changing their fantasy (Confrontation?) range from unpainted metal to plastic prepaints. Needless to say as soon as they mentioned this the metal sales have nose dived or been sold at a heavy discount. Although AT43 sales seem to be fairly strong, they have took a big reduction in income , so they have filed for protection while they reorganise. They are still releasing stuff, and have an agreement with a new US\English language distributer (something that AT43 was not great at)

Not sure if this sounds familiar to Matt, but it does seem that the shift to prepaints is not as easy as it first seems.
Silvereye
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Silvereye » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:36 pm

Yep Confrontation was, in my opinion, planning to go the way of GW's next edition (i.e. news rules, obsolete armies syndrome), only with pre-painted minis. So pretty much all the Confrontation players needed to buy a whole world of new stuff just to play with the new rules (I have about 1,000 points each of C3 Wolfen and Alchemists - both armies are unplayable in CaoR). At least Mongoose with their SST:Evo allowed players to expand their existing armies with new stuff rather then needing to replace it.

Still, I hope Mongoose get their problems with the :Evo pre-paints sorted out OK. Or at least considers releasing unpainted plastics.
Andy W
Collector of dead wargames
nerfherder
Weasel

Potential new BFE player

Postby nerfherder » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:56 pm

I just bought a couple of boxes of BFE miniatures at the weekend because they were being sold off at half price, and I looked through the rules tonight with a friend. We both thought it looked interesting enough to buy a couple more packs and try a game. I logged on here to clarify a couple of rules and found this thread, and I'm now concerned about whether support for it is just about to be dropped, and maybe we shouldn't buy those other boxes. :(
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JayRaider » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:09 pm

Mongoose are having some negotiations with a third party, the game is currently on a break until those talks can be turned into a contract.
There is lots of fan based support for the game, checkout http://www.evocommand.com/ for lots more unit cards for armies ranging from Poland,Israel,France, Germany etc etc :)
nerfherder
Weasel

Postby nerfherder » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:05 am

JayRaider wrote:Mongoose are having some negotiations with a third party, the game is currently on a break until those talks can be turned into a contract.
There is lots of fan based support for the game, checkout http://www.evocommand.com/ for lots more unit cards for armies ranging from Poland,Israel,France, Germany etc etc :)
Thanks - I'll take a look.
nerfherder
Weasel

Postby nerfherder » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:05 pm

Well, I bought up a few more packs today, so I now have MEA Infantry, Fedayeen squad and a Tunguska, and EFTF Infantry x2 and a Challenger. I'm a little confused by some of the LOS/Cover rules, so I'll comb through the forums for answers.
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JayRaider » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:09 pm

nerfherder wrote:Well, I bought up a few more packs today, so I now have MEA Infantry, Fedayeen squad and a Tunguska, and EFTF Infantry x2 and a Challenger. I'm a little confused by some of the LOS/Cover rules, so I'll comb through the forums for answers.
Good for you. :)
Yes the Cover rules could use a re-write, they are alittle confusing.
Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

Postby Armchair_Marine » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:06 am

Sooo it's October, are we going to hear anything yet?
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old Bear » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:46 am

The very nature of secret negotiations is that they are secret. We are often at the behest of those we negotiate with, and we haven't got the industry reputation for professionalism in license handling that we do have by playing fast and loose with sensitive information simply for our own short-term benefit.

If we went around doing that pretty soon we'd have no licenses. I'm sure this is fairly obvious stuff though and doesn't need explaining. :)
Old Bear

Ted Chang, don't you know. And I'm not a moderator any more so don't even think about moaning to me.