BFE your thoughts?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
B_Steele
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby B_Steele » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:34 pm

???? Where is it going over well in the US market, got examples? I don't see it? I only know of 6 players within 100 miles of me, and another 6 more if I go another 50 further. I wouldn't call that hittin the market OK, would you?
It has done particularly well at the US cons thusfar, and while that is not a prime example of the FLGS market...it is a very good sign.

Also, internet negativity seems to spawn negativity; so I would think that perhaps the issue is just that the happy fans are the quietest ones.

I know that nearly everyone we demoed to at Origins picked up at least the rules and most grabbed a box or two of models. Hell, some of my old friends at Privateer Press grabbed some up.

I believe it is doing far better than what some people would have others believe. And SST Evo is going to likely DEMOLISH BF Evo's numbers if the amount of booth-interest can be taken at face value.

Have some faith gents and ladies,
Bry
katadder
Chief Mongoose

Postby katadder » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:58 pm

as long as the stuff gets released. its difficult to build a force from the ground up when you dont know whats coming for it etc or when it will be out.
1st & Only Centauri Grand Admiral

LONAW Fleets: http://www.mediafire.com/?tddmi2mjcl2
brook
Banded Mongoose

Postby brook » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:09 pm

In August, there is a BEVO tournament in Connecticut. People who play the game like it. I think Mongoose has done a good job so far. Yes there are delays. However, The effort to produce these models seems to go across the world.
Kurt
Xorrandor
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Xorrandor » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:55 pm

katadder wrote:as long as the stuff gets released. its difficult to build a force from the ground up when you dont know whats coming for it etc or when it will be out.
Now see, I think Mongoose has been doing an OK job telling us what is coming out for BFE. That's part of what's fueling the complaints, after all: we all know helicopters are supposed to be out next, and so we complain when "next" gets pushed back in time. We have preview cards for wave 1 of SST:Evo, and wave 2 can be found in the latest Game Trade (by name, if not by stats).
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Mongoose Steele wrote:
???? Where is it going over well in the US market, got examples? I don't see it? I only know of 6 players within 100 miles of me, and another 6 more if I go another 50 further. I wouldn't call that hittin the market OK, would you?
It has done particularly well at the US cons thusfar, and while that is not a prime example of the FLGS market...it is a very good sign.

Also, internet negativity seems to spawn negativity; so I would think that perhaps the issue is just that the happy fans are the quietest ones.

I know that nearly everyone we demoed to at Origins picked up at least the rules and most grabbed a box or two of models. Hell, some of my old friends at Privateer Press grabbed some up.

I believe it is doing far better than what some people would have others believe. And SST Evo is going to likely DEMOLISH BF Evo's numbers if the amount of booth-interest can be taken at face value.

Have some faith gents and ladies,
Bry
Bry,

I for one am very glad to stand corrected by your reply. Looking forward to more good news. In the meantime, I'll keep playing and promoting by teaching and telling other about your great rule set.

Shawn
"On the Bounce"
E Nicely
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby E Nicely » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:08 pm

No one is playing in San Diego. I've heard there was interest up in LA. People are playing AT 43.
Project Lead and Contributing Designer, VaS Order of Battle
Mongoose Playtester