T-95, Black Eagle, FMBT M1

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:01 am

Well, militarilly speaking. Otherwise it takes more than a large military to get known as a superpower...
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
Daddy Dragon
Mongoose

Postby Daddy Dragon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 am

Hiromoon wrote:Well, militarilly speaking. Otherwise it takes more than a large military to get known as a superpower...
Agreed.

Militarily speaking, global force projection is mandatory, and that capability is something that China is sorely lacking. The number of teams playing in that league are few.

Regards,
Larry
"They'd have labeled it an accidental shooting, if he hadn't changed the magazine."

"Twice."
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:56 pm

hence "yet", if you think China won't go down that route.......
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 pm

I bet the population J-curve hits before they manage to develop any form of serious force-projection
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:01 pm

fan of Ian Bremner?
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:04 pm

Not really. It's something I picked up in Bio II back in Highschool. Basically, because they favor the Male child over the female child, there won't be enough women to go around to maintain a population their size right now.

Of course, this might change, but it's not looking so hot.
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:10 pm

I dunno Hiro, there is widespread disobedience of the "one child rule" so there is less discrimination with babies than in the past. I used to live with a Chinese girl and we discussed this subject in detail.
Meliadus
Stoat

Postby Meliadus » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:38 pm

China will go down the economic path their not far away from overtaking the USA, they wo'nt really need a modern military but eventually they will get one just not for a wee while yet
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:56 pm

emperorpenguin wrote:
Meliadus wrote:And the PLA are??
China are goin to do most of their conquests economicly their military while improving is still no match for any of the European or American forces, sure they have numbers of troops but nothing I would call sexy.
yet

nobody considered Japan much before 1905, nor the USA before 1918

the US is getting worried by China's defence expenditure, if anyone were capable of overtaking the US as a superpower it'd be China. Europe is too divided at present and India is a few decades behind China in that regard
Several fairly (in)famous people have said things very similar to this regarding Russia and they lived (for a short wile) to regret invading....

The PLA are a viable world "threat" more so than Russia at the moment, in the next 10 years or so China is going to have to secure itself a reliable source of Oil and Gas, the same way that the US and Europe are trying to do now.

Russia is doesn't need to do this (it has one of the largest remaining untapped reserves) and with its remaining nukes it doesn't have to worry to much about someone trying to take theirs.

Yes Russia needs to be a faction, and if it ain't the next one (or one of 2) to be released then MGP are crackers, I know of a couple of people up here who would love a Russian force, and whenever its mentioned here on the forum there is loads of support.
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:01 pm

cordas wrote:Yes Russia needs to be a faction, and if it ain't the next one (or one of 2) to be released then MGP are crackers, I know of a couple of people up here who would love a Russian force, and whenever its mentioned here on the forum there is loads of support.
completely agree
Mr Evil
Chief Mongoose

Postby Mr Evil » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:00 pm

definatly pick up a russian force over any other.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/cygnarsghost.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

http://splargoth.blogspot.com/
Meliadus
Stoat

Postby Meliadus » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Any idea what their apc/mcv would be?? I'm still thinking BMP-2, any idea's.
Pietia
Banded Mongoose

Postby Pietia » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:33 pm

For "expeditionary" units? BMP-3, seriously upgraded BMP-2, BTR-T, upgunned and uparmored MTLB, BTR-90 - pick any or all of the above... Maybe something new we have not seen yet...
Let's handle this like real men - just you, me and my... GUARD!!!!