T-95, Black Eagle, FMBT M1

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
bigtmac68
Weasel

T-95, Black Eagle, FMBT M1

Postby bigtmac68 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:14 pm

Any chance of seeing any of the new really high speed future tanks later on?

All three of the T-95, Black Eagle, and FMBT M1 are supposed to see the field by 2015 ( asuming they dont get cancelled ) in limited numbers. And all are fully realized technology now. They would be no more speculative than the 140mm Leopard, and would be a lot of fun and really add a more "Future" element to the game IHMO.

Besides, the T-95 looks really cool and really different. Maybe once the first 4 factions are complete , add russians and us army allowing some of the really top of the line future equipment to see the field.

Curious what everyone thinks, would you like to see them, if so what do you think they would look like. points performace wise.
Paladin
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Paladin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:53 pm

I DEFINITELY want to see the Black Eagle tank if the Russians get their own faction. Next to the Merkava it's the most gorgeous tank. I love the low profile turret.
Last edited by Paladin on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:54 pm

I thought that it was supposed to be the export model of one of their current tanks.
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
Mr Evil
Chief Mongoose

Postby Mr Evil » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:18 pm

exsport is turret crewed, home modle is crew in hull and an automated turet with a hight rate of fire. (from what ive been told 2nd hand..)

it can also from reports from shows dig itself into the ground with its tracks reducing its profile evan further !

few friends saw them at a show in russia and were very impressed/scared.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/cygnarsghost.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

http://splargoth.blogspot.com/
bigtmac68
Weasel

Postby bigtmac68 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:52 am

thats right, Black Eagle is an export model , lost the competition to the t-95 for the next gen soviet tank but was too good to throw the idea away.

They both are based around a new soviet tank gun but rumors are contradictory as to whether they settled on a 135mm or a 152mm. My money is on the 135, soviet tanks are small in general, and ammo storage for a 152 would just be too much of a hassle.

The t-95 is almost a realization of the FCS tank concept being reasearched by the US. The differnece is the T-95 is real, with functioning prototypes that have been seen and tested. It lacks the VLS missle system and the Laser Active defence system of the FCS but the remote turret, compartmentalized crew compartment, battlefield data systems, ERA, Arena and rumors of a composite/ceramic armor similar to chobham.

If it ever goes into production it will be the first time that the russians have a generational advantage in armor since the T-34
Sgt. Brassones
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Location: Buena Park, California, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Known Universe

Postby Sgt. Brassones » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:40 am

There's a great website with 3D models of tanks, planes, even infantry. Here's an example of the Black Eagle:

Here's the URL: http://gunpoint-3d.com/
Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts.

Cicero
Mr Evil
Chief Mongoose

Postby Mr Evil » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:33 am

T90 was pretty advanced !!!

barrel size russia tends to split it, some factories do one barrel size other factories do another and then the 2 types mix in formation, they also have alot of tank support vehicles in a tank formation, designed to engage enemy tanks leaving the MBT's to clear up the mess.

that said its been sugested they shel is electricaly propled into the barrel where the shells own charge delivers it out of the barrel from around mid way down, and can evan change direction in flight on some shell type to hit tanks from above if their dug in. one of the live fire example i was being told about did just that, it was described as a tank flying over a mound into a ditch creating a huge dust cloud, then out of the dust it was sat their dug in, proceeded to fire a shell from maind gun at 3 targets in succesession (he described it as the same ROF as a Warriors main gun) one hit a bunker knocking the front down the second followed in and exsploded inside the bunker with a large exsplosion and the 3rd flew over the bunker and hit a dug in tank not far behind from above. they said obvously it was done to impress and it did, and if this tank is truly possable to do this in a combat enviroment then we def got a case for few more Challies.

they also did other demos with it targeting weather balloons to show its AA ability. apparently their is no crew acces on the outside to the turret, wich confused them a little. but that guy said in respect thats possably cuz you wernt that close to them for a good look. Not sure what my frinds job is realy i thought it was servailance but im starting to think its SRR but il probably never know. he did say that russian forces have changed radicaly in last 2 years, and from a future wargaming perspective Russia with its current president would make a very interesting rapidly advancing force.

personaly and from stuff he said, it sounds like it was designed to be a show stoper and aimed to impress, for all we know it could have been a 30MM cannon disguised as a bigger gun with charges in the bunker while the 3rd shot could have just been a rocket launched alongside, gotta love conspiracy theories lol, but it shows what they plan the tanks to be capable of.

most importantly its got to be the sexiest tank in existance hasnt it.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/cygnarsghost.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:55 am

Looks damn sexy, and like something that would make any Russian forces something to be truely feared.
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:26 am

Hiromoon wrote:I thought that it was supposed to be the export model of one of their current tanks.
Challenger started as an export tank and was later picked up by Britain. Maybe Russia might do the same?
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:29 am

Why would the Russians be truely feared over the looks of a tank?
And what has Mr. Evil been drinking?

Black Eagle
http://warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=244&linkid=1780

T-90
http://warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=244&linkid=1778

T-95
http://warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=244&linkid=2184
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:34 am

bigtmac68 wrote:If it ever goes into production it will be the first time that the russians have a generational advantage in armor since the T-34
now that is scary!
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:36 am

Well, that's untill the FCS stuff comes out. And if you believe the videos showcasing the NLOS and other component vehicles, the US Army isn't far behind.
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:42 am

Maybe the US version will suffer break downs and it'll be the T34 vs Panther all over again! :P
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:43 am

Heh, that'd be amusing.
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:49 am

not if we lose the war it won't be :wink: which reminds me when is Endwar out?
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:55 am

Beats me...I keep getting 2007/2008
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
bigtmac68
Weasel

Postby bigtmac68 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Problem is that FCS is not slotted until 2020 and thats for a demonstration model ! That could give mother russia a solid decade in which it has a signifigant advantage in armor quality before the FCS leapfrogs it with all that crazy star wars crap. ( Laser active defense system?, multi barrel rotary railgun with dual calibler, dual ammo feed and sensor fused projectiles, Ageis cruiser style VLS missle system, hydrogen fuel cell/electric propulsion , 360 degree virtual battlefield helmet mounted holographis display interfacing system? belive it when I see it )

T-95 may not be the frakkin battlestar galactica with treads, but it is a step above any western MBT, even having an edge against the amazing Merk-4.

Only good news is that the thing is expensive as hell and the Russians dont have the capitol to put the monster into production. But I imagine its only a matter of time.
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:02 pm

Well, I don't think a low profile tank with a remote turret (oh sweet lordy buttons the issues THAT causes, especially if people don't do proper maintenance on it) puts it heads and tails about anything currently on the market...

Also, FCS's projected date is 2008-2012 deployment...origionally they wanted to do it in 2015..
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
bigtmac68
Weasel

Postby bigtmac68 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Thats FMBT basically upgunning the M1 with the high pressure 120mm and the Raytheon active protection system (political hacks!) along with some Fire control system upgrades and further advances in the battlefield managment system,Its the interim program designed to hold us over until FCS takes the field. FCS is the longer term program and a lot of the systems are still in the concept stage (laser system, vls integrated launch system, hydrogen fuel cell/ electic motor power plant, Rail gun)

After a feasability study the army determined that the high pressure 120mm was the deliverable in for the targeted 2010-12 deployment time frame and split the program between the FMBT and the FCS but there is a lot of confusing duplication of terms depending on where you look,

this armor article is a good breakdown of the difference between the two programs.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/docs/4fcs97.pdf

Obviously Im no industry insider and my friends in the service are all infantry so no help there, so if you have better info than I do, and we are actually that close to fielding rail gun tech then ,, well,,, cool! 8)
Mr Evil
Chief Mongoose

Postby Mr Evil » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:02 pm

asked my bud about he black eagle, all he could say is intel sugests russia already has them and lots of them. thats as much as he would disclose, hes back from russia now.

either way it is the next generation of tank, and yes the west will respond with their version, but alas their will be 4-8 year lag while the russian one has the upper hand.

as for drinking , not realy im just going by conversations with a friend whos seen the thing in the flesh, far more than i can say ive done :(

also in fairness to him i dont wanna go to deep into what ive been told.

points are from a mil point of view.

its fast, very fast, its got a very low profile, it can dig itself in, it can fire several different types of shells in fast sucsession, as for armour, well no idea on that one as they dont demo that at shows, and if they did he never mentioned it to me. oh and they already have a lot of them, not sure how many is alot, but that was the number i was given, from a mil point of view id place that at over 1,000 but realisticly id say probably several hundered.