What happens after Wave 5?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
CorranP90
Weasel

Postby CorranP90 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:15 am

the future lynx has AA? i thought it was armed with TOWs which have been around since the 70s but not with any anti air capability weapons. it seems eftf are the only faction not to have any anti air capability apart from the typhoon but does have 3 MBTs!!! is the talon sword that dudey robot with a gpmg for head? hmmm i wonder if we are meant to shoot down choppers an planes wit MBTs.. :wink: it can be done but its gona be one hell of a fluke shot or only when there hovering :roll:
did i nade you?

*SAS troops whilst playing joke on delta force in fort bragg*
"wot u think ur playing at!" delta said to the shaking bush with drunken giggles coming out of it
"P**S OFF! were on a covert op"
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:20 am

Well, there's nothing that says you CAN'T use the TOWs for AA purposes.
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 pm

CorranP90 wrote:the future lynx has AA? i thought it was armed with TOWs which have been around since the 70s but not with any anti air capability weapons. it seems eftf are the only faction not to have any anti air capability apart from the typhoon but does have 3 MBTs!!! is the talon sword that dudey robot with a gpmg for head? hmmm i wonder if we are meant to shoot down choppers an planes wit MBTs.. :wink: it can be done but its gona be one hell of a fluke shot or only when there hovering :roll:
I remember reading that the FL was going to have 3 different load outs, 1. Basic, 2. Tows and 3. Sidewinder (or the Iris-T) The EFTF certainly need some AA before the Typhon turns up or we are in for a long world of hurt.
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
Paladin
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Paladin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:20 pm

CorranP90 wrote:the future lynx has AA? i thought it was armed with TOWs which have been around since the 70s but not with any anti air capability weapons. it seems eftf are the only faction not to have any anti air capability apart from the typhoon but does have 3 MBTs!!! is the talon sword that dudey robot with a gpmg for head? hmmm i wonder if we are meant to shoot down choppers an planes wit MBTs.. :wink: it can be done but its gona be one hell of a fluke shot or only when there hovering :roll:
The MGs on the MBTs do all say, "may be used as an AA weapon". The Tigre and Typhoon should have AA ability. That's not ground based, but still effective.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:19 pm

cordas wrote:The EFTF certainly need some AA before the Typhon turns up or we are in for a long world of hurt.
there is the Tiger which should have been released before the Future Lynx for exactly this reason
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
Meliadus
Stoat

Postby Meliadus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:20 pm

Wonder if we'll see the new phalanx system for the EFTF since the British army are now getting them for their forces now. It seems their excellent for shooting down rockets and mortar shells.
So would imagine be lethal against choppers.
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:30 pm

Paladin wrote: The MGs on the MBTs do all say, "may be used as an AA weapon". The Tigre and Typhoon should have AA ability. That's not ground based, but still effective.
I just wonder how many helicopters will have a target score of 6+ or less...
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:46 pm

cordas wrote:
Paladin wrote: The MGs on the MBTs do all say, "may be used as an AA weapon". The Tigre and Typhoon should have AA ability. That's not ground based, but still effective.
I just wonder how many helicopters will have a target score of 6+ or less...
none from what I hear......
CorranP90
Weasel

Postby CorranP90 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:39 pm

yeah you can use tows and mgsto shoot down planes/choppers but thats like sayin you can use rifles or grenade launchers to shoot them down aswel which you can do but the chance of hitting the target is next to nothing let alone doing enough damage with a 5.56 or 7.62 round. the reason armies have anti air weapons an not just rely on other weapons not designed for AA is because the chances of actually hitting and doing enough damage is very high as thast what the AA weapons are designed to do. what i was on about was a dedicated AA defense that isnt a chopper or plane as some scenarios u may be playin may not allow u to use air units but the other team can which means ur going to get air raped unless u get a very very lucky roll of the dice. following what some1 said before bout tows can shoot down planes, well in that case why have guns or tanks or planes at all if swords can kill a person so why advance technology wise just to do somethin u already can whether or not its as effective or not :roll:
[/quote]
did i nade you?

*SAS troops whilst playing joke on delta force in fort bragg*
"wot u think ur playing at!" delta said to the shaking bush with drunken giggles coming out of it
"P**S OFF! were on a covert op"
Mr Evil
Chief Mongoose

Postby Mr Evil » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:20 pm

i can see copters having a hit score of around 5-6 as their has been records of gunships being taken down buy small arms, but to be honest from rule bookit looks like for the most part all weapons will ahve a fre reighn on the heli, it just gets interesting when the aircraft hit the table.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/cygnarsghost.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

http://splargoth.blogspot.com/
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:08 am

the helis will be 7 from what I hear, even if they were lower you take the higher of their target and speed anyway.....
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:06 am

Mr Evil wrote:i can see copters having a hit score of around 5-6 as their has been records of gunships being taken down buy small arms, but to be honest from rule bookit looks like for the most part all weapons will ahve a fre reighn on the heli, it just gets interesting when the aircraft hit the table.
I can see a transport heli like the Future Lynx having a low Target score such as 5 or 6, but for an armoured attack chopper such as the Super Cobra..... if its not a 7 then who ever commisioned and built them should be shot.

So the only faction without any dedicated AA in the pipeline is also the only faction that might have a heli that can be hit by AA MGs or infantry rifle / mg fire.

emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:55 am

Future Lynx is 6 I believe