The Next Big sub-faction for next year!

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue May 29, 2007 3:30 pm

Valen is my name wrote:that was a bit stupid, but then we sold stuff to iran until relativly recently didnt we. they have hermes don't they? hope we don't go to war with iran if only so we don't have to sink her! :)
We sold Hermes to India iirc

yup she is flagship of India's navy
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
Valen is my name
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Valen is my name » Tue May 29, 2007 3:35 pm

i thought she went to iran. wrong again! still, we still sold quite a few ships to iran. kinda ironic that the belgrano had survived pearl harbour and WW2. must have thought belgrano (can't remember what it was called before that) was never going to get sunk if it could survive that!
Harry Callahan: We're not just going to let you walk out of here.
Crook: Who's "we", sucker?
Harry Callahan: Smith, and Wesson, and me.

Harry Callahan: Go ahead, make my day by making Hiffano's Mothership, punk.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue May 29, 2007 3:36 pm

Hiromoon wrote:So anyway, for the European Forces:
- British Marines
- Finland
- Poland
- Belgium
- Norway
- Sweden
- Spanish
- Italian
- Slovinia
- Greece
- Luxemburg
- Lichtenstein
- Neatherlands
- Ireland
?)
You forgot Slovakia, Czechs, Portugal, Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Malta, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania

plus Andorra, San Marino, Switzerland, Iceland, Ukraine, Albania, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia since you included non-EU states

phew some list! Did I forget anyone?
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue May 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Valen is my name wrote:must have thought belgrano (can't remember what it was called before that) !
USS Phoenix

I always go to call it USS Arizona (Phoenix being the capital) and then remember that sank at Pearl
crucible_orc
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby crucible_orc » Tue May 29, 2007 3:58 pm

Valen is my name wrote: As for Canada and Oz etc. i see your point. i'd like to think they would but i do wonder, although they still have the queen as their monarch so i'd like o think they might step in. they are usually the first to at least show their support even ifthey don't commit men etc. And in Canadas case NATO might help us a bit but i'm doubtful, hopefully it will never get put to the test.
I take offense to that. if any Nato Country was being over-run, Canada would send troops to help. Something like 80% of canadians still respect the Queen, and want her to stay as the figure head. If the UK was invaded, i have no doubt that canada would be sending troops.

Plus, under the current government, our military is actually getting a budget and new toys. so we will actually have more modern equipment, and the means to actually transport them places!

If they did canada and/or austrailian troops, they should be able to be taken as allies for EFTF and USMC.

Steve
" I must kill it before it acquires Language Skills!"
-Londo Mollari
Drahazar
Mongoose

Postby Drahazar » Tue May 29, 2007 4:09 pm

WWII we where already helping with supplys when japan attacked we full joined in and we helped france when they where getting beatin up again in Vietnam and as soon as we joined in to help them against the enemy they ran off and left us with the mess. Korea asked us for help against the north because they where comies and trying to take over the south. but lately we have been putting our nose into a lot of things :? anywho back on subject. i would like to see more european forces so you could for instance just play germans or spanish or polish and what not.

Turkey is mostly muslim but believe it or not they have a big christian population as well. being that Peter was from Tarsis and all. And the more hard core muslim stuff in in the south eastern part of the country that borders iraq and syeria )spelling bad I know) and they bomb the Kurdish people a lot cause of the PKK (a kurdish militant terrorist group) Like Hamas and Hezbollah.
Death is the Only way out.
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 29, 2007 4:16 pm

Valen is my name wrote:not in my book. Canada, Australia and New Zealand almost always join in our wars. I realise they cant be in the ETFT but i want a rule that says i can have a british army with other commenwealth countries as my allies. i don't want french troops with my army, but i do want candians etc.
What about French Canadians? :lol:
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
127th Angry Angels
Banded Mongoose

Postby 127th Angry Angels » Tue May 29, 2007 4:20 pm

I'd like to think that from here on in that our causes and case for any intervention or conflict will be transparent enough for other NATO countries to work together based on that rather than any historic ties.

In BF Evo you're free to do as you please really.
Check out Diamortis for your melodic death metal needs :)

http://www.myspace.com/diamortis
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 29, 2007 4:31 pm

crucible_orc wrote: If they did canada and/or austrailian troops, they should be able to be taken as allies for EFTF and USMC.

Steve
The problems come when the EFTF and USMC are fighting each other.... Happens fairly regularly here. I would say that both the Canadians and the ANZAC would have to be allied to one or the other....

I would suggest allying Canada with Europe, that would give a clear fighting area for us to fight over :) If you then went on to ally Oz and NZ with the USA it gives a lot more potentail for PLA / USMC fights...

As for the original topic of the thread, I think giving the EFTF Brits, Germans and French should be enough for the moment, and maybe release some unit cards in S&P to give different countires infantry units and support choices (using exisiting models for the moment), this will give a wide european spread for those of us who want it; without the EFTF being 3 or 4 times the size of every other faction in releases. The MEA has its milita forces and it looks getting a "proper" army soon so its ok for the moment, but adding in something like the Mujhadine would be cool.

I really think the Chinnese and Yanks need have some sub-factions to give them some more flexability, for the PLA I would suggest a conscript force to allow them the whole wave of humanity thing, and maybe some kick ass martial arts specailist units :wink: . The Yanks, yes the army would be nice, but I would want it to include National Guard units :).
Last edited by cordas on Tue May 29, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue May 29, 2007 4:35 pm

cordas wrote:[ and maybe some kick ass martial arts specailist units. .
NO! :shock: please, no!
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Tue May 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Kung-Fu: Evolution?
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 29, 2007 4:39 pm

Yup

Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Tue May 29, 2007 4:42 pm

Special Rule:

If You Can Snatch This Pebble From My Hand: Kung Fu Units gain an addition reaction in close combat only.

Chuck Norris: Once per Turn, Chuck Norris round house kicks 1 target, killing it instantly.
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 29, 2007 4:48 pm

Hiromoon wrote:Special Rule:

If You Can Snatch This Pebble From My Hand: Kung Fu Units gain an addition reaction in close combat only.

Chuck Norris: Once per Turn, Chuck Norris round house kicks 1 target, killing it instantly.
Also if in terrain, the kung fu units gain a dodge save of 5+ by being able to run up trees / walls 8)

MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Tue May 29, 2007 6:01 pm

cordas wrote: The problems come when the EFTF and USMC are fighting each other.... Happens fairly regularly here.
Worth remembering that in the world of BF Evo, Europe and the US are _not_ friends. Europe has the Imperial itch once more, and the US is fast becoming a fortress with enemies on all sides (see in the next S&P, as the SAS conduct a covert raid in the Midwest :)).
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Tue May 29, 2007 6:03 pm

What? We're already at that point...

I mean, we have those godless Canadians to our north!!
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
GhostWolf69
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby GhostWolf69 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Ok guys... It is not a faction in itself for sure but, here is what I would like to see:

CIVILIANS!!!!

Imagine;

A Media Van with a satelite dish ontop, witha camera/reporter team.

Peace protestors with post-signs and raised fists.

Taxidrivers and other civilian cars.

Hostages tied to chairs.

Ambulance, police vehicles, people on stretchers...

A unidentified Mob that could turn into a MEA Squad at any minute, but that are not a viable target for the opposition until they do...

Stuff like that.

Admit YOU want it!!!! Scenario galore.

/wolf
Last edited by GhostWolf69 on Tue May 29, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I put the sexy back in dyslexic!"

Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Tue May 29, 2007 6:23 pm

Admin I want it? What on earth? :D

I mean, sure, do I have an option to set or a directory to file this under?
ImageImage
www.zupandevelopment.com
GhostWolf69
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby GhostWolf69 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Hiromoon wrote:Admin I want it? What on earth? :D

I mean, sure, do I have an option to set or a directory to file this under?
Funny guy... :) Stupid typo. You should have your Mogoose-typo-filter engaged at all times on this forum. :)

/wolf
"I put the sexy back in dyslexic!"

cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 29, 2007 6:38 pm

msprange wrote:
cordas wrote: The problems come when the EFTF and USMC are fighting each other.... Happens fairly regularly here.
Worth remembering that in the world of BF Evo, Europe and the US are _not_ friends. Europe has the Imperial itch once more, and the US is fast becoming a fortress with enemies on all sides (see in the next S&P, as the SAS conduct a covert raid in the Midwest :)).
I am aware of that, I was responding to a post about having the Canadians and ANZACs as allies to both the USMC and EFTF.