S & P 44

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
shmitty
Stoat

S & P 44

Postby shmitty » Tue May 01, 2007 12:22 am

Who has checked this out so far?

I like the Warrior variants, hopefully we'll see the same treatment for the WZ-551, Technicals, and the Shadows.

The preview of the Advanced Rulebook made me even more envious of those with a copy than I already was. I am definitely looking forward to giving that a good read.
This Space for Rent
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Tue May 01, 2007 2:23 am

Yes, I like the idea of Variants for the game.

HINT love to see kits for variants such as a Mg variant for the Shadow, a Recoiless Rifle variant for the MEA Tech, just to name a couple. HINT

I enjoyed the read but I was hoping for a bone or two from it to be thrown in. Guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks.

Also kudos for the SST marauder ideas. Miss not seeing the GOMC1 in this issue, but glad MP is still going to give more love to that excellent game.
"On the Bounce"
Sgt. Brassones
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Location: Buena Park, California, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Known Universe

Postby Sgt. Brassones » Tue May 01, 2007 4:08 am

The Warrior varients are pretty cool. I definitley want varients for Shadows. I can also see myself running some alien invasion games with the Forth fighting machines vs. a platoon of Abrams. :D
Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts.

Cicero
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 01, 2007 5:59 am

Did you see that Wave 3 stuff is coming out end of may / begining of April, as its not here :( I assume we will see it end of the month.

I like the variant Warriors, I can just see a bucket load of grump coming my way if I try to use them though, as no other faction has variants yet.... I do like the size of the cards produced for them, they look printable :)
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
Gibbs
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Gibbs » Tue May 01, 2007 11:53 am

cordas wrote:Did you see that Wave 3 stuff is coming out end of may / begining of April, as its not here :( I assume we will see it end of the month.

I like the variant Warriors, I can just see a bucket load of grump coming my way if I try to use them though, as no other faction has variants yet.... I do like the size of the cards produced for them, they look printable :)
They probably made the classic mistake of mixing up march and may so that april was the next month not June. Done that one before. I think it's supposed to be begining of June. Still, it's funny. Good catch cordas.
"Fire can be our servant, whether it's toasting S'mores or raining down on Charlie." Principal Skinner
"You're Type 99 looked lonely so I painted it for you, now he's with Jesus...
and all the other Type 99s."
Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Postby Aussie-Richard » Tue May 01, 2007 12:36 pm

Am I the only one who noticed the whole lack of stat cards thing? I do appreciate Hiromoons fine work, but it would be nice to see the OFFICIAL stat cards before buying the boxes (Leaving aside the whole proxy models issue!).

Wave 1 was published, but not Wave 2. Anyone know why?
"It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Midnite Oil: The Power & The Passion.
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Aussie-Richard wrote:Am I the only one who noticed the whole lack of stat cards thing? I do appreciate Hiromoons fine work, but it would be nice to see the OFFICIAL stat cards before buying the boxes (Leaving aside the whole proxy models issue!).

Wave 1 was published, but not Wave 2. Anyone know why?
Good Call, It would be nice if they put all the cards up in the Free Downloads section.
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Postby Aussie-Richard » Tue May 01, 2007 12:46 pm

I did a double check, just to make sure that they weren't there... and they weren't!

I couldn't be that lucky. Maybe it's just my nasty suspicious streak, but maybe buying the boxes is the only way to get REAL cards?
"It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Midnite Oil: The Power & The Passion.
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 01, 2007 1:11 pm

I checked before I posted (I generaly do having been caught out before).

Unless MGP release a box set of cards the only way to get a "real card" will be with the unit. Hopefully they will publish the cards online somewhere, I am sure I remember reading that this was the plan but can't remember where, or if it was a forum post from dubious sources :wink:

Aussie-Richard
Stoat

Postby Aussie-Richard » Tue May 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Sorry, I was unclear.... by "real" card, I just meant official stats, like the wave 1 in S&P... I'm not expecting them to print cards for us... they are nice guy's 'n all.... but no-one's that nice!
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Tue May 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Also added Lone wolf Evo, for fantasy games....

Maybe they post my zombie rules...
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 01, 2007 4:00 pm

soulman wrote:Also added Lone wolf Evo, for fantasy games....

Maybe they post my zombie rules...
Write an article, take some pics and see what they say..... I would suggest taking a couple of pics in semi darkness with glow in the dark zoms.... :lol:

GJD
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby GJD » Tue May 01, 2007 5:25 pm

No Zapasnova war Scenarios, though. Not even a mention of the revised Scenario 2 conditions either.

G.
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Tue May 01, 2007 5:57 pm

When I saw the date 'thing', I knew that they meant June, shrugged, and then moved on. :wink:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Tue May 01, 2007 7:01 pm

GJD wrote:No Zapasnova war Scenarios, though. Not even a mention of the revised Scenario 2 conditions either.

G.
You mean "Hiroslavian War", heehee, Matt made a mistake about his own articles in the editorial.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
mthomason
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby mthomason » Tue May 01, 2007 10:34 pm

Sorry, used the working title instead of the published one!
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Wed May 02, 2007 7:18 pm

That's why you're the Assistant Editor and not the big cheese :lol:

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Wed May 02, 2007 7:25 pm

lastbesthope wrote:
GJD wrote:No Zapasnova war Scenarios, though. Not even a mention of the revised Scenario 2 conditions either.

G.
You mean "Hiroslavian War", heehee, Matt made a mistake about his own articles in the editorial.

LBH
Wait... Hiroslavian?
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Wed May 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Hiromoon wrote:
lastbesthope wrote:

G.

LBH
Wait... Hiroslavian?
Yeah "Hiro", I noticed that too. :wink:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Wed May 02, 2007 7:33 pm

Incidentally, my last name is Zupan ( Zupanic if you want to go old school)...

:shock:
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com