Nolo'tar and Troligan

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
User avatar
H
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Here

Postby H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:28 pm

essentially you are saying Give one of the most powerful fleets even more ways to bitch slap us ;-)
I AM RONIN!
User avatar
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am
Location: British in Dublin

Postby emperorpenguin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:29 pm

Alexb83 wrote:The Primus is supposed to be 200+ years old.....

Realistically would YOU serve on a ship that old? :wink:
We have naval vessels that have historically served for up to 50-60 years at a stretch with extended refits (Look at USS Midway, or some of the Iowa class). And ships in space don't rust ;)[/quote]

No they get ionised and bombarded by meteorites instead! I can't see the Space Shuttle lasting another 175 years! :lol:

50-60 yes but that'd be about it. The Tinashi design is supposed to be 1000 years old isn't it?
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
User avatar
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8150
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:30 pm

hiffano wrote:essentially you are saying Give one of the most powerful fleets even more ways to bitch slap us ;-)
No; he's saying expand the ISA fleet list by giving them access to all the Minbari ships :lol:
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
katadder
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5005
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: lincoln, uk
Contact:

Postby katadder » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm

tell me where the minbari fleet uses them. the rangers use them crewed by religious caste and rangers. they are never part of the minbari fleet.
1st & Only Centauri Grand Admiral

LONAW Fleets: http://www.mediafire.com/?tddmi2mjcl2
User avatar
H
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Here

Postby H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm

and then the Centauri can get access to all the drakh ships too!
I AM RONIN!
User avatar
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am
Location: British in Dublin

Postby emperorpenguin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm

Alexb83 wrote:
katadder wrote:WSs are never used by the minbari. sure you could have the nolo'tar but its IMO outclassed by other minbari ships in its PL and so you wouldnt use it anyway.
*facepalms* Do I really need to post video footage of the Minbari using the Whitestars in the show? It has to be on youtube or something somewhere...

Give them the option, and at least you'd have the choice, not only to take the ship, but to use different tactics that come with it.
But they weren't Minbari miltary ships. The Excalibur was under EA government orders during Crusade.
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
User avatar
bondp99
Stoat
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:09 pm
Location: Bavaria

Postby bondp99 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm

Brakiri Shakara Scout Cruiser is up!
User avatar
Alexb83
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Devizes, UK

Postby Alexb83 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Burger wrote:
hiffano wrote:essentially you are saying Give one of the most powerful fleets even more ways to bitch slap us ;-)
No; he's saying expand the ISA fleet list by giving them access to all the Minbari ships :lol:
Wait... they already do have access to those ships... and the Narn... and the league...
Cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats.

My Photobucket: http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Alexb83/
User avatar
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am
Location: British in Dublin

Postby emperorpenguin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:32 pm

hiffano wrote:and then the Centauri can get access to all the drakh ships too!
Actually I think it's the other way around! The Drakh used crewless Centauri ships and they could be in the Drakh list! :D
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
User avatar
H
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Here

Postby H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

bondp99 wrote:Brakiri Shakara Scout Cruiser is up!
what is this Phalic thing they have going on?!?!
I AM RONIN!
User avatar
H
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Here

Postby H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

emperorpenguin wrote:
hiffano wrote:and then the Centauri can get access to all the drakh ships too!
Actually I think it's the other way around! The Drakh used crewless Centauri ships and they could be in the Drakh list! :D
I suggested that once and got shouted at :-(
I AM RONIN!
User avatar
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8150
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

bondp99 wrote:Brakiri Shakara Scout Cruiser is up!
Linky for the lazy: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/ ... &qsSeries=

That looks quite good, even if the front end is slightly phallic. Although again, why new models when there are so many outstanding issues with existingones?
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
User avatar
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am
Location: British in Dublin

Postby emperorpenguin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:34 pm

hiffano wrote:
emperorpenguin wrote:
hiffano wrote:and then the Centauri can get access to all the drakh ships too!
Actually I think it's the other way around! The Drakh used crewless Centauri ships and they could be in the Drakh list! :D
I suggested that once and got shouted at :-(

Well it wasn't me shouting! :lol:
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
User avatar
H
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Here

Postby H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:35 pm

What will you sell more of, Brand new hulls, or re-moulds of omegas and G'Quans? most of us have our fleets.
I AM RONIN!
User avatar
H
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Here

Postby H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:35 pm

emperorpenguin wrote:
hiffano wrote:
emperorpenguin wrote: Actually I think it's the other way around! The Drakh used crewless Centauri ships and they could be in the Drakh list! :D
I suggested that once and got shouted at :-(

Well it wasn't me shouting! :lol:
chuck it to the playtesters, same rule as ISA, 1 FAP of centauri in the drakh fleets?
I AM RONIN!
User avatar
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am
Location: British in Dublin

Postby emperorpenguin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:35 pm

hiffano wrote:
bondp99 wrote:Brakiri Shakara Scout Cruiser is up!
what is this Phalic thing they have going on?!?!
I guess Mongoose pay isn't enough for big sports cars....... :lol:


I like it though, nice ship :D
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
User avatar
H
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Here

Postby H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:36 pm

emperorpenguin wrote:
hiffano wrote:
bondp99 wrote:Brakiri Shakara Scout Cruiser is up!
what is this Phalic thing they have going on?!?!
I guess Mongoose pay isn't enough for big sports cars....... :lol:


I like it though, nice ship :D
I'm going to paint mine pink and red....
I AM RONIN!
User avatar
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8150
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:36 pm

hiffano wrote:What will you sell more of, Brand new hulls, or re-moulds of omegas and G'Quans? most of us have our fleets.
Yes but us forum visitors are an extreme minority of Mongoose's customers. What is a new customer more likely to buy, an Omega or G'Quan in a fleet box or a new Brakiri ship?
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
User avatar
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am
Location: British in Dublin

Postby emperorpenguin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:36 pm

hiffano wrote:
emperorpenguin wrote:Actually I think it's the other way around! The Drakh used crewless Centauri ships and they could be in the Drakh list! :D
I suggested that once and got shouted at :-(

Well it wasn't me shouting! :lol:[/quote]

chuck it to the playtesters, same rule as ISA, 1 FAP of centauri in the drakh fleets?[/quote]

I'd already planned to :wink: *fingers crossed*
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
User avatar
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:38 pm

katadder wrote:no, fleets ar balanced, you must know that seeing as the narn bat sqaud is better than any other 10 skirmish ships.
some ships are better at the same PL. but put them into a fleet it all changes.
You mean as Balanced as 2 Prefects and a Tertius :wink:
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests