Nolo'tar and Troligan

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
captainsmirk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby captainsmirk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:25 pm

Just be glad they didn't go back the the original AoG design from the Earth Wars supplement (before they made a model for it)...

That was just something someone made by throwing together various shapes in a 3d drawing package :shock:

Though it is beginning to seem like someone thinks all Minbari ships need to be the three-fined angelfish shape to look Minbari...

Nick
Captain Sheridan you're under arrest for a clear violation of the laws of physics!
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:56 pm

captainsmirk wrote:Though it is beginning to seem like someone thinks all Minbari ships need to be the three-fined angelfish shape to look Minbari...

Nick
I'm one of the minority who liked the different style of the old Troligan and Neshatan
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
animus
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby animus » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:02 pm

I didn't mind them either. I just want to know why they just didn't make this model a NEW minbari ship instead of a re-design. Minbari need more hulls. I started a thread to ask this question and never got a good answer. :?
TO: People of Earth
SUBJECT: Stop

knock it off, all of you
seriously, what the hell
---God
captainsmirk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby captainsmirk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Personally I saw ships like the Troligan and the Neshatan as being the first stages of the design school that ultimately resulted in the White Star. All three have the same basic shape, just like the Tigara, Sharlin and Tinashi do.

That sort of worked in AoG when all the angel fish ships were older designs than the Neshatan and Troligan, might not with Mongoose's shifted ISDs.

Nick
Captain Sheridan you're under arrest for a clear violation of the laws of physics!
thehod
Banded Mongoose

Postby thehod » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:36 pm

The Nolo'Tar has 0 Troops. So much for a troop transport option for ISA. Guess I have to take Hyperion Assault cruisers or something.
Bask Ohm: We are not thugs. We want peace too, but we are impatient

Megacon: 1st place
Never won a game vs Narn
Fighters always die
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Lord David the Denied » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:52 pm

captainsmirk wrote:Personally I saw ships like the Troligan and the Neshatan as being the first stages of the design school that ultimately resulted in the White Star. All three have the same basic shape, just like the Tigara, Sharlin and Tinashi do.

That sort of worked in AoG when all the angel fish ships were older designs than the Neshatan and Troligan, might not with Mongoose's shifted ISDs.

Nick
The flat short of design they used for the White Star is fine, it's just that the Troligan and Neshatan were hideous sculpts. They were pure arse.
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby tneva82 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:53 pm

thehod wrote:The Nolo'Tar has 0 Troops. So much for a troop transport option for ISA. Guess I have to take Hyperion Assault cruisers or something.
Well small patrol ship isn't exactly my idea of troop transport :D

It might be handy at ferrying refugees but does it have space onboard for significant amount of soldiers inside?

Plus how much value Minbari put to boarding? And concidering it's ship from last shadow war: How much boarding there was against the shadows :lol:
皆と友達ができませんが皆に友好的ができます

You can't be friend with everybody but you can be friendly to everybody
djshire
Weasel

Postby djshire » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:20 pm

I prefer the old Troligan, as so many people have said, the new one looks like a Disney happy meal toy
CZuschlag
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby CZuschlag » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm

The ISA already has access to an outstanding troop ship, the Ikorta, an an ally. Cheap, loaded with troops, combat-capable --- it does it all. Other races has much greater problems than the ISA (consider the pak'ma'ra, the Vree, the Drakh, the Centauri (your assault ship is Battle level? That's expensive), the Minbari....).
"Not everything that can be counted counts; and not everything that counts can be counted." -- George Gallup

Dilgar -- Primary
Drakh -- Secondary
Early EA -- Tertiary
Valen is my name
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Valen is my name » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:59 am

to be honest the ISA shouldn't really have too many problems as they can easily find a ship for a specific role from an ally fleet list if there isnt one in its own.
Harry Callahan: We're not just going to let you walk out of here.
Crook: Who's "we", sucker?
Harry Callahan: Smith, and Wesson, and me.

Harry Callahan: Go ahead, make my day by making Hiffano's Mothership, punk.
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:43 am

In addition - given the purpose of the ISA fleet - planetary assaults are not the sort of thing they should be doing - so needing to call in allies makes sense.
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.
JayRaider
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JayRaider » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:31 am

I finally got some Nolo'Tars!
I really like them, good details :D
Oh and some Technomage Pinacces's 8)
RayB
Weasel

Postby RayB » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:03 am

I think the new Troligan is quite nice! :shock: Nothing wrong with the old one however! (I guess the mold gave out...)

The nose of the prow is a bit bland and/or 'flat'. Perhaps an indent as a launch bay, or ariels of some sort to spice it up!?

Hmm....

Cheers,

RayB
Oh my God! I'm a tomato!