Non-combat models?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
phoenixhawk
Banded Mongoose

Non-combat models?

Postby phoenixhawk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:22 pm

An idea that I was wondering if anyone else liked was non-combat models in scale with B5 ACTA. Ships like the EA president's ship, the Icarus, the EA shuttle that is seen all the time in the series, etc. Ships that are not combat-oriented and would not need stats unless used in a specially-developed Mongoose scenario but that would be fun to add to the collection. Kind of like the civilian ships, but ones where game stats would not be needed. Is that a crazy idea?

Chris
Burger
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Burger » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:25 pm

There are the civilian box set. All very EA-oriented, but there is the Space Liner in there which is like Earth Force One.
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

phoenixhawk
Banded Mongoose

Postby phoenixhawk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:22 pm

I know that much, but was just thinking of some of the other unique type ships that have appeared on the shows and movies over time, like the Icarus. It would be cool to have a model/mini of that.

Chris
Triggy
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Triggy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:23 pm

More transports for other races are likely to be coming at some point and would be really cool. Even more than that, if we had more scenarios where their use was an important part, that would be great.
"Sir, the enemy have us completely surrounded."
"Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

ACtA Playtester

Triggy's Fantasy Formula 1
Ripple
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Ripple » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 am

I agree on the more scenarios where the civvies matter...that would really add to the game. Hard to imagine as guarding a ship is difficult and the civvies die so fast to any significant beam.

But give them game stats...I'd hate to see the model come out and not be able to use it.

Ripple
ShadowScout
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby ShadowScout » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 pm

Well, I too hope we'll get a lot more civilians - but then I like to combine CtA and the RPG, and for that lots of small civilians (shuttles, small transports and non-human freighters) are more important then yet another Narn dreadnought...

As for stats - sure, they will need them. From the lowliest shuttle (think unarmed fighter flight with hull 3, no dodge, speed 6 and turn 2/90° - basically impossible to keep alive if a single enemy fighter flight is around; but I loved B5W scenarios where one had to bring a shuttle to a hidden asteroid base and back intact... lots of hide and seek, lure and distract neccessary to win that one) to your average freighter (and it's raider version - hey, if they convers EA freighters, what should stop them from making raider versions out of Every hull they get their hands on?).

Well, maybe in 2ndE...
ShadowScout
Roman A. Perner

"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between light and dark..." - inscription on Z'ha'dum