I think I got screwed...

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Abraxas
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

I think I got screwed...

Postby Abraxas » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:59 pm

I ordered several FA minis from the now defunct AoG webpage (http://agentsofgaming.com/oshop.htm) and paid for them accordingly. The payment is on my account and the money was sent through paypal.

I am currently at college but the address is to my home. I sent an email (as soon as I bought the minis) asking that the mailing address be changed.

All this happened January 25th... and I have yet to hear back. My parents have not recieved a package yet and I am left wondering whether my order will ever be filled. It's been over 2 weeks, and normally that really wouldn't bother me, but considering they do not even respond to emails is a little alarming.

Can someone who has experience with AoG tell me if this is normal? I am afraid I may have wasted $30... :oops:
I was merely being specific. In my experience, if you can not say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.
-Lord Dranno
H
Chief Mongoose

Postby H » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:07 pm

was it from a creditcard, via paypal? if so it "should" be covered under credit card insurance? it it's direct from your bank, see if they can recall it at all (but I doubt that)
I AM RONIN!
Locutus9956
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Locutus9956 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Well I do remember it once taking about 2 MONTHS to get an order through from AoG so I wouldnt panic just yet ;) The thing is that since theyve become dead its really just one guy selling off the left overs, Ive had stuff turn up from them quickly in the past too though. Its a bit random tbh but I have always got what I ordered off them in the end. Im pretty sure the order system is automated but say for example, the chap is on holiday, then you wont get it for a while.

Basically dont panic just yet, Ive found that, as unreliable as it can be in terms of time to deliver it does get there eventually ;)
War. It's FAN-tastic!
MustEatBrains
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby MustEatBrains » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Excuse my dumb question, but: You can still order leftovers from AoG? :shock:
pak´ma´ra chosen of god - very special!

Mr. T about the pak´ma´ra: "I pity the food!"

"Of course I like reporters - properly cooked!" - typical pak´ma´ra humour

"You know what Narns taste like?" "Yeah, chicken..."
H
Chief Mongoose

Postby H » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:33 pm

yup, some guy who owned it or something bought all their dead stock and still sells it
I AM RONIN!
Abraxas
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Abraxas » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:17 am

Locutus9956 wrote:Well I do remember it once taking about 2 MONTHS to get an order through from AoG so I wouldnt panic just yet ;)
After 2 months you didn't get concerned? Kudos to your patience, sir.
hiffano wrote:was it from a creditcard, via paypal? if so it "should" be covered under credit card insurance? it it's direct from your bank, see if they can recall it at all (but I doubt that)
Debit card... via PayPal.

I guess I will just wait... :?
I was merely being specific. In my experience, if you can not say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.
-Lord Dranno
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:28 am

The guy selling the stuff is one of the guys who writes some RPG stuff for B5, Bruce Graw I think

I really doubt you'll be screwed over
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
Destroid
Mongoose

Postby Destroid » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:29 am

I ordered half a dozen FA scale Olympus corvettes from there and I got em in 2-3 weeks, which is bloody good considering I'm in Australia!
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart: You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets.
ShadowScout
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby ShadowScout » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:31 am

Ordered a few times since Bruce took over the stock and started seeling it from his garage (or whatever he did).
So far it has always arrived without problems - not within two weeks, but eventually (six weeks was the most so far - and that's to Europe!)
So in your place I for one wouldn't get worried just yet...
ShadowScout
Roman A. Perner

"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between light and dark..." - inscription on Z'ha'dum
Jal
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Jal » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:05 am

never had any problem with Bruce, can take a while but you do get the items.... he did say long ago that with his workload on the Mongoose stuff things might take a bit longer than usual.

when AOG died he bought loads of B5 minis from shops that could not sell their stock... all of the actual stock form AOG was destroyed as per their agreement with Warner Bros.
"The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"
Locutus9956
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Locutus9956 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:50 am

Well after 2 months I must admit I was a little concerned but it got there eventually :P (I was rather worried at the time as it was aroun a $100 order (it included the B5Wars Rules book, Ships of the Fleet 1, Minbari Box Fleet, EA Box Fleet, Vorlons Box Fleet and some shadows, so yes I was a tad worried when it didnt show up after that long but I figured if its one guy selling off old stuff that it could take a while to sort out :P).

Basically as has been said by alot of people, it may take some time but I really doubt youve been screwed, Im sure it will turn up eventually :P
War. It's FAN-tastic!
greenboy
Mongoose

Postby greenboy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:28 am

I bought some stuff off AoG on the 15 of jan it arrived on the 6th of feb so don't worrie yet