The other stations

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Ravingmad
Shrew

The other stations

Postby Ravingmad » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:51 pm

I was wondering if there was any plans of making any of the other Bablyon stations. I know that Babylons 1-3 were destroyed/blew-up shortly after being constructed, but they did exist. Also, Babylon 4 existed just got stuck in that time phase shift thing. Also, comparing Babylon 4 with Babylon 5 we can see that the stations are not identical to each other so we can assume that Bablyons 1-3 weren't mirror images of each other. Since they never appeared on the show, there's room for the sculptor's creative insight.
Ninja or Pirate?
prelude_to_war
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby prelude_to_war » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:02 pm

Funny that you mention it...timeslip has metioned building a B4 station (timeslip, are you out there?!?). I'd love to see it.

You could always do versions of stations 1-3 post-explosion...scorched rotating hull floating around...
captainsmirk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby captainsmirk » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:21 am

The first three stations were never actually finished, they were all destroyed before they were complete.

Nick
Captain Sheridan you're under arrest for a clear violation of the laws of physics!
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:25 am

Someone told me shotso f B1-3 showed up in ItB theatrical release but they never made it to the DVD version.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Sneaky
Mongoose

Postby Sneaky » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:15 am

One of them's in there - a red B5

IIRC there's a yellow one blowing up in the series' somewhere too
War's long done, we're all just folk now
Nightmares about Minbari
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nightmares about Minbari » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:19 am

Personally I'd rather see the time and efffort going into other race starbases instead of yet more material for the humans, who have far more than any other race as it is.
Don't get me wrong, I like my earthforce (even if they die lots), but come on, they've already got B5 AND the orion starbase. What other races have their base sculpted yet?
N.A.M.
3:10:35:25
Gives me chills
I salute the Old Bear, never to be forgotten!
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:21 am

Sneaky wrote:One of them's in there - a red B5

IIRC there's a yellow one blowing up in the series' somewhere too
The Red station is Babylon Station (Like Jinxo says, they didn't number them in those days)

There is no yellow Babylon station anywhere in the series so far as I remember.
Other than the above mentioned cut scene from ItB
LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
CZuschlag
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby CZuschlag » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 pm

To Nightmare's point, I concur:

Heck, the Dilgar, Pak, and Drakh don't even have Defense Satellite stat lines, much less Base stats, much less models ....

.... for the Drakh, I can see that easily. For the Dilgar, it's much harder. For the Pak, it's impossible -- the fluff even mentions a base. I'd rather these gaps were filled first.
"Not everything that can be counted counts; and not everything that counts can be counted." -- George Gallup

Dilgar -- Primary
Drakh -- Secondary
Early EA -- Tertiary
Nightmares about Minbari
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nightmares about Minbari » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:04 pm

Here here!

Please, please, please stop doing new stuff for earthforce and do something for the rest of the galaxy
N.A.M.
3:10:35:25
Gives me chills
I salute the Old Bear, never to be forgotten!
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:21 pm

Im sorry to say but you do get to see Babylon 1 blowing up near the end of the first Television movie.
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
ShadowScout
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby ShadowScout » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:39 am

Heck, the Dilgar, Pak, and Drakh don't even have Defense Satellite stat lines, much less Base stats, much less models ....
Yup. But I have an half-completed Dilgar Koratyl Starbade on my workbench... need only to find six metal pieces of the right shape and it will be finished... and it'll be an impressive beast, let me tall you!

The Pak need their base... it may be seldom used, but it exists!

The Drakh on the other hand need no starbase or Sats - their big Motherships serve as base, and they seem more as a nomadic race then someone who'd buils a fixed station.

Back to the discussion at hand... if Mongoose gets around to Valen's War, we might see B4. Before that I wouldn't count on it, because I'd assume they wouldn't count on enough sales to make it financially viable.

And I too would prefer to see more bases (at the very least the ones from the show - Ja'Dul, Ja'Stat, Marcanos, Norgath; and then of course also the ones already mentioned in CtA...) and the other important ones, and Sat minis! And Shuttle minis (even if they have no use in the current game - one could at least use them as breaching pods, and I need them for my RPG-supporting battles anyway)
ShadowScout
Roman A. Perner

"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between light and dark..." - inscription on Z'ha'dum