What are we facing

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Galatea
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Galatea » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:58 am

cOwgummi wrote:Deathcake?
Deathcake: thrown/8"; 2D10+4; One-shot!; Flame, Killshot, LZ (3"), Multihit, Persistent, Retaliate

;)
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.

Megatron
Stoat

Postby Megatron » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:01 am

It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty deathcake!
If the way is hazy!
You gotta do the cooking by the book
You know you can't be lazy!
Never use a messy recipe!
The deathcake will end up crazy!
You gotta do the cooking by the book
Then you'll have a deathcake!

We gotta have it made!
You know that I love deathcake!
Finally it's time to bake a...
you gotta do the cooking by the book!
Death cake!

You guys really were just asking for this one.
Decepticons! Prepare for conquest!
combatdroid113
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby combatdroid113 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:13 am

ok so cards - no army book then
MMMM brainyliscous.....MMMMM
dyssnowman
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby dyssnowman » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:21 am

Lorcan Nagle wrote:Is there also the option of cake?
Can we get it to go as well? :lol:
"If life was easy, would it be worth living?"
dyssnowman
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby dyssnowman » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:27 am

To get back on topic (and away from the cake) I know that the Skinnies were supposed to get a new commander and flying unit. This was before the switch to pre-paint, but I imagine that they will still do something along those lines.

As for the book, as I understand it the rulebook will have expanded rules and the full army lists for all four of the initial forces, similar to the format of the Warmachine rulebooks.

As for the new minis, last I had heard they would be similar to the current figs for most of them. The exception was the Skinnies; I was under the impression that they were going to redo a number of their minis (hopefully this means new slave minis).
cOwgummi
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby cOwgummi » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:10 pm

the new commander for the skinnies will BE the deathcake, so its totally on topic!!!
In the beginning, God created the rock.
And God said to the rock:
"Let you be Infantry"
and the rock replied:
"Alas, I cannot, for I am not hard enough."
erion
Mongoose

Postby erion » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:47 pm

Ok, but when are the first minis coming, then?
Kenrick Dargoth
Mongoose

Postby Kenrick Dargoth » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:27 pm

with SST EVO i think
Poko wrote:"we come to rape your livestock and steal your women"
dyssnowman
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby dyssnowman » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:30 pm

Kenrick Dargoth wrote:with SST EVO i think
Yeah, I believe that the only thing coming out for the Skinnies before SST: Evo is possibly the Skinnie Brutes, but even that may just be a rumor.
Cozmo
Banded Mongoose

Postby Cozmo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:55 am

BuShips wrote:I want to have my cake and choke on it, too! :roll:
Too get back onto cake I'll have mine and choke on yours :lol:
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:36 pm

Cozmo wrote:
BuShips wrote:I want to have my cake and choke on it, too! :roll:
Too get back onto cake I'll have mine and choke on yours :lol:
Yeah, but what I did was just a ruse to get you to eat your cake. It had a component that is a special nanomaterial that expands when in contact with moisture. It's why they no longer use rice at weddings as when birds ate it the rice expanded in their stomach and they died in excruciating pain. Those poor birds gave somebody a great idea for a weapon, eh? :wink: Bon appétit! :lol:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
combatdroid113
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby combatdroid113 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:55 pm

gotta say is not very informative more crap about cake than answers or even rumors.
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Location: Superman or Green Lantern ain't got a-nothin' on me

Postby MaxSteiner » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:30 pm

What makes it worse is that most of the people posting crap about cake have no idea who Eddy Izzard is... :roll:

Changes you're facing:
The removal of victory conditions (other than killing all of the enemy),
All the squad reacts- once per turn,
shatter rules (meaning your penalised for keeping stuff of board),
no more weapon traits (I think artilary has been changed too),
less available reactions,
shorter game time,
Army list wise it appears that the platoon structures have been dropped, in favour off a mix and match system, meaning MI can field Marauders LAMI, MI, Pathfinders etc as one force.
Sometime after the launch the rulebook will be rereleased with all four Army lists inside.

All in all, should be alot more stream lined, still not sure if thats in a good way or not, but theres definatly gonna be less rules to get confused over!
Not sure if they're gonna put some of the stuff back in for the main book (I really hope so though), but either way it should be interesting.
Unfortuantly, till then the games as dead as GOMC1...
Quark wrote:EGADS! When did MAX BECOME THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE?! :shock: :lol:
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:17 pm

MaxSteiner wrote:What makes it worse is that most of the people posting crap about cake have no idea who Eddy Izzard is... :roll:
Well, I'll admit right here and now that I didn't know about Eddie (that's the spelling, Max :wink: ), but I did him one better in that my cake is death, so there is no safe option you see. As for me then, I'll have the chicken, please :lol: . Ah, the things we learn here at the Mongoose Forums! I'll now have to go searching for Eddie Izzard DVDs to rent, damn you all :lol: .

As far as the "real" topic at hand, it looks as though SST v2.0 will be more of a change than I had thought, with some chance of splitting the community into several factions. If it's enough of an improvement then most of us will adapt and go with the newer version. My actual gaming time has been limited because of no local gaming groups that I've been aware of, so I have had to wait for regional conventions to get any play-time in. An advantage seems to be that unlike where some game companies "retire" armies or figures periodically and make them illegal to play, it looks as though all of the models we've invested in should still be usable. I'm actually quite curious to get my hands on a set of the new rules, as the improvements to SST seem to have given birth to an entire new series of "Evo" games from Mongoose. So I'm all settled fine with that, and am happy to be waiting the months left before the new releases. The only thing that's still bothering me is getting used to my new high-heels :lol: .
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
Mr Evil
Chief Mongoose

Postby Mr Evil » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:11 am

no matter what bthey do im sure me and gray wull break the sytem one way or another we always seem to find a tear in it some where :(
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/cygnarsghost.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

http://splargoth.blogspot.com/
Cozmo
Banded Mongoose

Postby Cozmo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:47 am

No Platoon Structuring? That ain't right We'll keep playing the same structures down here. Don't see why they will be removed as they make sense.
dyssnowman
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby dyssnowman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:57 am

After seeing how you can split squads into fire teams in BF: Evo, I am wondering if they are going to consider doing the same with SST. I think that would be an interesting change that would add a lot of flexibility to everyone other than the bugs (like they need more flexibility!).
combatdroid113
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby combatdroid113 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:42 pm

im beginning to see how some people get massive post counts in here :roll:

hmm i actually like the idea of having a splitable force, its like real life in that way.
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby tneva82 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:33 am

MaxSteiner wrote:The removal of victory conditions (other than killing all of the enemy),
That was from quicksheet rules though. Odds are very good complete rulebook will have scenarios and quite possibly even old battle matrix(atleast I would be VERY suprised if not...Those are too big to contain in the leaflet with main rules but very logical for rulebook. There's got to be more stuff in the rulebook afterall, or how else are they going to fill the pages, and stuff like scenarios etc are obvious candinates).

I would also expect to see platoon thingie get back in rulebook as well. Again rulebook would be obvious candinate for placement of that rather than the unit cards or one page rulesheet.
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby tneva82 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:35 am

Cozmo wrote:No Platoon Structuring? That ain't right We'll keep playing the same structures down here. Don't see why they will be removed as they make sense.
Possibly because players are supposed to be able to field the units rightaway after opening box? Wouldn't be really that if you then find out you need to buy X amount of boxes more and what's more the units you bought last week can't be used...

Which is why more free system makes sense though it would be also logical to include more complete platoon list system in the main rulebook that gets released later.