twin fifties

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
hegemon
Banded Mongoose

twin fifties

Postby hegemon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:58 pm

I noticed in one of the S&P mags the FW IG Sabre platform that had a Cap trooper manning it, i'd prefer it to be a LAMI instead, will you be doing LAMI emplacement gunners on relient or bits-order LAMI bodys or wud i have to use the inferior guardsman?
Lorcan Nagle
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Lorcan Nagle » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:35 pm

if it's an emplacement then the crew's not included in the points. It can be used by any force that can take emplacements.
hegemon
Banded Mongoose

Postby hegemon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:58 pm

what i ment was you know with the relient gun systems they come with cap trooper gunners, will they bring out the models for the LAMI gunners for sed systems
JoseDominguez
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JoseDominguez » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:59 pm

just order them separately, the gunners are irrelevant anyway. Reliants are only manned by whoever is passing. Unless you have a specific diorama in mind of course.
dyssnowman
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby dyssnowman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:04 pm

I think that he might have a specific diorama in mind. Personally, I never really got the point of any of the gunner minis. To me it seems silly to be switching out minis because the trooper mans a gun, but that's just my opinion.
"If life was easy, would it be worth living?"
hegemon
Banded Mongoose

Postby hegemon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:01 pm

actually it would be the reliants that would be irrelevent, as its the gunner but in LA that i want.

i think i might just have to settle with a inferior guardsman now :cry:
Rob_A
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rob_A » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:21 pm

Im confused by your English.

You want a gunner model for a platform of some assortment in Light Armour. Yes?

If you read the rules, a reliant or any other plaform (besides skinnie ones) are used by any trooper that stumbles by it and attaches himself to it. What we are saying is that a gunner model is only relevent in a diorama, in gameplay the gunner would also be equipped with his normal equipment, a platform can be left behind. This means any model can be used. I would suggest converting the female LAMI with her arms open, just cut off the Morita, bend the arms upwards and order the small screen that comes with the reliant cunners, glue this into her hands and presto. Done. :D

Okay? :)

In future, can you use proper English rather than shorthand as its hard to read. If English is not your first language, or any other problem, Im sorry and no offense is intended. Im just guessing you are British, American, Canadian or another English speaking person as you dont have a location put down on your profile. Sorry. :oops:
Fill the (bug) hole that SST left in your heart, sign up and join the Colonial Marines with AvP: The Miniatures Game!
http://prodosgames.com
JoseDominguez
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby JoseDominguez » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 pm

Hegemon....
Actually, I've just re-read your first post, you're interested in recreating the forge world conversion that was shown in S & P aren't you? I wasn't paying attention :) My reading, not your writing.
At the moment I'd assume you'd have to convert a LAMI model to fit the platform (but you'd be doing a lot of conversion to make the sabre anyway). As for a new model... I doubt it, there's nothing on the release schedule that resembles it, so I'd assume anything new would be a pre-paint for SST-EVO.
hegemon
Banded Mongoose

Postby hegemon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:14 pm

thanks jose, rob i'm a softie southener!! well as soft as a pompey mush can be. we aint called lil londoners for nout.
Maelmordha
Stoat

Postby Maelmordha » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Actually Rob - hegemon's desires seem clear enough to me. I also have LAMI and would like to have LAMI gunners too (for club displays). Unfortunately it looks like it might be a job for Kneadatite and a sharp implement.

M
Sanity is just another form of madness.........

http://www.dunfermlinewargamesclub.org.uk