BF:Evo Pics and Prices are up in the Upcoming Releases Secti

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
User avatar
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 7098
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 3:02 am
Location: TFCT Michael Fleming Folland
Contact:

Postby Hiromoon » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:58 pm

Oh grow up.... at lease we don't need a licence to watch TV....
;)
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
User avatar
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am
Location: British in Dublin

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Hiromoon wrote:Oh grow up.... at lease we don't need a licence to watch TV....
;)
yeah but you can't drink a beer until you're 21! :P

But the tv license in the UK pays for the (non-advert carrying) BBC

Try Ireland where RTE gets advertising revenue AND license fee! Absolute b***s**t!
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
User avatar
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 4260
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Northampton, UK

Postby Lord David the Denied » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:03 pm

BBC just advertises themselves, and blows the license money on shite...
User avatar
Poko
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:52 pm
Location: Poland(temple of the great */)

Postby Poko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:09 pm

well, our tv also gets money from both license(well, actually only 50%, since that's more or less the percentage of people who actually pay the fee :lol: ) and commertials(which can't be interrupting a program, however)

anyway

Might I propose that the tanks give you the chance to customize them your way? As in personalizing them in a fashion of your choosing?
sure, i'm aware that you can do that(although i seriosuly doubt that i'll be getting the abrams), but the minis were suppsed to be "end-user" products, detailedly prepainted. while it worked on the infantry, the tanks (challenger seems to be the least affected)just don't look like it.
"Freedom is nothing but justification for the vile and the stupid. when they speak of freedom,they think not of other people's freedom,but their own slavery"
Anton Gorodecki,Mage of the Moscov NighWatch.
User avatar
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 7098
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 3:02 am
Location: TFCT Michael Fleming Folland
Contact:

Postby Hiromoon » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:27 pm

Well, if we compare the model with the real one...


Image
Image
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
User avatar
Poko
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:52 pm
Location: Poland(temple of the great */)

Postby Poko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:35 pm

sure,it's true to the orginal, but the orginal also look dull and uninspiring :lol:
i'm aware that you can't paint a tank in a blood red paint, or green with polka-dots, but some amendments for the sake of looks could be done.
oh well, as i said-i'm going Euro anyway, so it's not my problem :wink:
"Freedom is nothing but justification for the vile and the stupid. when they speak of freedom,they think not of other people's freedom,but their own slavery"
Anton Gorodecki,Mage of the Moscov NighWatch.
User avatar
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 7098
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 3:02 am
Location: TFCT Michael Fleming Folland
Contact:

Postby Hiromoon » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:55 pm

Here's a little bit of information on the gear for the M1A2....

Image
Image
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
User avatar
Eisho
Mongoose
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:20 pm
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
Contact:

Postby Eisho » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:41 am

I'm very happy with the detail and paint jobs for those prices.

Well done Mongoose! Shame we all have to wait so long...oh well...

Eisho
User avatar
Col. Hammer
Stoat
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Finland

Postby Col. Hammer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:21 am

Woohoo!

Great to see the tanks finished. The Abrams seems a bit bland, but since the real Abrams is equally bland, it's not really Mongooses fault.

I really dig the british tank!

Now I'm just waiting for the Germans to show up. I want to field my Panzergrenadiers...
Flying is better than walking. Walking is better than running. Running is better than crawling. All of these, however, are better than extraction by a Med-Evac even if it is, technically, a form of flying.
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1399
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:20 am
Location: A cave somewhere in Siberia
Contact:

Postby Old Bear » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:10 am

The odd thing is that in the flesh the Abrams looks so sexy I'm thinking of being USMC instead of Brits. Set against our Middle Eastern terrain, the simple desert colours work really well.
Old Bear

Ted Chang, don't you know. And I'm not a moderator any more so don't even think about moaning to me.
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1399
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:20 am
Location: A cave somewhere in Siberia
Contact:

Postby Old Bear » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 am

Poko wrote:sure,it's true to the orginal, but the orginal also look dull and uninspiring :lol:
i'm aware that you can't paint a tank in a blood red paint, or green with polka-dots, but some amendments for the sake of looks could be done.
oh well, as i said-i'm going Euro anyway, so it's not my problem :wink:

We have indeed gone for accuracy, so you can expect all our models to look like they should do. Everybody should thus send any complaints to the appropriate nations concerned. :wink:
Old Bear

Ted Chang, don't you know. And I'm not a moderator any more so don't even think about moaning to me.
mthomason
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3333
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:47 pm
Location: Suffolk, UK
Contact:

Postby mthomason » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:21 pm

Mongoose Old Bear wrote:The odd thing is that in the flesh the Abrams looks so sexy I'm thinking of being USMC instead of Brits. Set against our Middle Eastern terrain, the simple desert colours work really well.
*gasp*

A traitor to the cause! To even be considering siding with the infidels is an act of treacherousy that can not go unpunished. Mark my words, Sheik Yabouthi (may he be blessed with a million progeny) shall hear of how even his most trusted commander of armies can be turned by western promises of additional firepower and fast-food drive-thru restaurants.
User avatar
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 4260
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Northampton, UK

Postby Lord David the Denied » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:33 pm

USMC instead of the British Army? Not only have you betrayed the Islamic cause, but you're a traitor to the Crown. I'll see you hang for this...
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1399
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:20 am
Location: A cave somewhere in Siberia
Contact:

Postby Old Bear » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:09 pm

mthomason wrote:
Mongoose Old Bear wrote:The odd thing is that in the flesh the Abrams looks so sexy I'm thinking of being USMC instead of Brits. Set against our Middle Eastern terrain, the simple desert colours work really well.
*gasp*

A traitor to the cause! To even be considering siding with the infidels is an act of treacherousy that can not go unpunished. Mark my words, Sheik Yabouthi (may he be blessed with a million progeny) shall hear of how even his most trusted commander of armies can be turned by western promises of additional firepower and fast-food drive-thru restaurants.
Oops... :oops: :shock:
Old Bear

Ted Chang, don't you know. And I'm not a moderator any more so don't even think about moaning to me.
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1399
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:20 am
Location: A cave somewhere in Siberia
Contact:

Postby Old Bear » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:10 pm

Lord David the Denied wrote:USMC instead of the British Army? Not only have you betrayed the Islamic cause, but you're a traitor to the Crown. I'll see you hang for this...
OK, I surrender. I promise not to play USMC! :lol:
Old Bear

Ted Chang, don't you know. And I'm not a moderator any more so don't even think about moaning to me.
User avatar
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 4260
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Northampton, UK

Postby Lord David the Denied » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:06 pm

That's better. :wink:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests