Drakh Victorious!

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Wing Commander
Banded Mongoose

Drakh Victorious!

Postby Wing Commander » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:42 pm

Our massive participation Drakh invasion of Earth has played out to its bitter conclusion; Earth fell to the Drakh Shadow Cloud.... :(
After fielding a massive 99 Drakh Ships, 1 Shadow Cloud against about 76 EAS & Allies with over 90 bases of fighters the game came to its final conclusion when the Shadow cloud reached mere inches from Earth and it was clear that absolutely nothing was close enough to reach it and prevent it from Nuking its goal!
The game was fantastic, Les did particularly well on the Drakh left flank at luring the EAS and Non aligned fleets away from the centre. It was this which enabled the Drakh to sweep the Centre clear and get a straight run (if a little brutal) at the target. Having said that, by the last turn it was extremely touch and go with the Shadowcloud being reduced to about 125 Damage points in the end, the Victory died at the hands of several nukes and a pile of Drakh Raiders, the battered Excalibur lined up the killing lightning cannon shot on the tattered Shadowcloud, due to damage she needed a 4+ to fire a weapon and rolled..... a 1! As the previous lightning cannon shot had gutted around 240 pts from the Shadowcloud this would have won them the game, unfortunately fate had other plans and the Excalibur went the way of the Victory, leaving the space ahead clear for the Shadow cloud...
Carpe Juguulum
H
Chief Mongoose

Re: Drakh Victorious!

Postby H » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:46 pm

Wing Commander wrote:Our massive participation Drakh invasion of Earth has played out to its bitter conclusion; Earth fell to the Drakh Shadow Cloud.... :(
After fielding a massive 99 Drakh Ships, 1 Shadow Cloud against about 76 EAS & Allies with over 90 bases of fighters the game came to its final conclusion when the Shadow cloud reached mere inches from Earth and it was clear that absolutely nothing was close enough to reach it and prevent it from Nuking its goal!
The game was fantastic, Les did particularly well on the Drakh left flank at luring the EAS and Non aligned fleets away from the centre. It was this which enabled the Drakh to sweep the Centre clear and get a straight run (if a little brutal) at the target. Having said that, by the last turn it was extremely touch and go with the Shadowcloud being reduced to about 125 Damage points in the end, the Victory died at the hands of several nukes and a pile of Drakh Raiders, the battered Excalibur lined up the killing lightning cannon shot on the tattered Shadowcloud, due to damage she needed a 4+ to fire a weapon and rolled..... a 1! As the previous lightning cannon shot had gutted around 240 pts from the Shadowcloud this would have won them the game, unfortunately fate had other plans and the Excalibur went the way of the Victory, leaving the space ahead clear for the Shadow cloud...
Alas, I did not partcipate in this battle, playing out a Narn Victory over Vorlons instead, however I popped up stairs a couple of times and it looked like a fantastic battle, lots of damage and dead ships. of course the battle for coriana should dwarf this :-)
I AM RONIN!
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Lord David the Denied » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Sweet. I love it when the bad guys win... :twisted:
MustEatBrains
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby MustEatBrains » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Any pictures?
pak´ma´ra chosen of god - very special!

Mr. T about the pak´ma´ra: "I pity the food!"

"Of course I like reporters - properly cooked!" - typical pak´ma´ra humour

"You know what Narns taste like?" "Yeah, chicken..."
Abraxas
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Abraxas » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:25 pm

MustEatBrains wrote:Any pictures?
Yes! Please! Pictures! Now!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :?
I was merely being specific. In my experience, if you can not say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.
-Lord Dranno
Calistan
Banded Mongoose

Postby Calistan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:16 pm

How many of each type of drakh ship did you have?
H
Chief Mongoose

Postby H » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:45 pm

ok, obviously wing commander could tell you, but there were definately 3 boxed sets, plus extras :-)

so from the boxes thats 2 mo ships (I haven't got one due to casting issues) 9 cruisers, 12 light cruiers, 18 light and 18 heavy raiders.
My additional ships were 4 destroyers, and 3 heavy raiders and 9 scouts (ish)
Marks extra ships that I know of were 2 carriers, and another chap I don't know too well appeared to have a fleet box and a carrier.
that makes roughly
3 mo ships, 3 carriers, 12 cruisers, 16 light cruisers, 24 light raiders, 27 heavy raiders, 4 destroyers, and 9 scouts,. . . which is roughly the number of ships mark said were fielded :-) fear my powers of deduction... when I was downstairs playing a different game!
I AM RONIN!
Triggy
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Triggy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:38 am

Excellent battle, I love it when it comes down to the last action of the game - very cinematic!

Well done and I can't wait to see pictures.
"Sir, the enemy have us completely surrounded."
"Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

ACtA Playtester

Triggy's Fantasy Formula 1
captainsmirk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby captainsmirk » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:25 pm

Beats dying from the Drakh plague I guess...

:twisted:

Nick
Captain Sheridan you're under arrest for a clear violation of the laws of physics!
Tank
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Tank » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:50 pm

I knew I shoulda bin there to bolster the EA forces!!!!!!
Nomad
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nomad » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:21 am

A few poor and hastily snatched photos...

Women and Captains first!
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:42 am

superb..

...really ought to do The Line at some point....
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Lord David the Denied » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:44 am

What are those fighter bases swarming around that Warlock? I thought the Drakh didn't have any fighters...? :?
Burger
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Burger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:53 am

They're T'bolts. Probably just launched from the Warlock?
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Lord David the Denied » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:56 am

Oh yeah, so they are. New glasses for me, I'm thinking...
Wulf Corbett
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Wulf Corbett » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:58 am

Captain David the Denied wrote:What are those fighter bases swarming around that Warlock? I thought the Drakh didn't have any fighters...? :?
They look like T-bolts to me.

EDIT... slight time delay there...

Wulf
Abraxas
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Abraxas » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:16 pm

Awesome. It's so weird seeing sooooo many ships at once, even if it is, say, 3 Omegas moving together.

It's not something you might see in a 5 pt. Raid or a 3 pt. Battle.
locarno24 wrote: ...really ought to do The Line at some point....
Yes, you ought to... and then post pictures.
I was merely being specific. In my experience, if you can not say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.
-Lord Dranno
Wing Commander
Banded Mongoose

Postby Wing Commander » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:15 pm

If we get enough players coming along, we will run it!
We have mountains of EAS, enough of the correct era certainly to do it justice, what we don´t have locally are a enough Minbari players...
So, tell ya wot guys, you get a load of EAS and Minbari players signed up, we´ll run it!
In the meantime, we´ll be running Coriana VI in November.... we have room for plenty more and will be using Armageddon level for the Shadow and Vorlons ships!!! That is, assuming, hoping, fingers crossed, praying, that Armageddon is in fact with us by November... :?
So, if ya fancy throwing round a few nukes and facing off against 2 of the biggest, nastiest, ancientist fleets in the game - come along and join in.
Carpe Juguulum
katadder
Chief Mongoose

Postby katadder » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:24 pm

but dont forget the ancients :) they will kick ass with all 5 involved, as thats the equivalent of 10 armageddon ships right there.
Abraxas
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Abraxas » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:46 pm

Nae Beard (Wing Commander wrote:If we get enough players coming along, we will run it!
We have mountains of EAS, enough of the correct era certainly to do it justice, what we don´t have locally are a enough Minbari players...
So, tell ya wot guys, you get a load of EAS and Minbari players signed up, we´ll run it!
In the meantime, we´ll be running Coriana VI in November.... we have room for plenty more and will be using Armageddon level for the Shadow and Vorlons ships!!! That is, assuming, hoping, fingers crossed, praying, that Armageddon is in fact with us by November... :?
So, if ya fancy throwing round a few nukes and facing off against 2 of the biggest, nastiest, ancientist fleets in the game - come along and join in.
These are the times I wish I was British... but only at these times :wink: .
-Lord Dranno