Page 1 of 1

RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:42 pm
by Nerroth
Some of you may be aware that FASA Games (the company which arose out of the ashes of RedBrick LLC) is currently working on launching their own version of Noble Armada. Recently, Ral Partha Europe announced that they will be handling the NA minia9tures line from now on - though it is as yet unclear as to whether or not they will re-release any of the "new" ships done for A Call to Arms: Noble Armada during Mongoose's era of stewardship.

Still, for anyone still interested in ACtA:NA, and/or in what FASA Games might have in store, the first Hawkwood and Decados ships are already available.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:22 pm
by Ben2
I don't think the way it says 'rulebook due in the autumn' and it is now December, is a good sign. They have the complete range from Mongoose, don't they? Because the models look exactly the same.

It's a shame, Noble Armada was a good game.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:53 pm
by Bellicose
I'm curious how that project was going to turn out since I have both the old holistic rules as well as the ACTA one. Since it's April I'm guessing things went south since back in the summer the forum there implied they were close to being done.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:40 pm
by Apep
Bellicose wrote:I'm curious how that project was going to turn out since I have both the old holistic rules as well as the ACTA one. Since it's April I'm guessing things went south since back in the summer the forum there implied they were close to being done.
Rumour has it that is still in the works... but maybe in electronic format rather than print.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:45 pm
by Bellicose
Yeah, but checking out their forums it's quieter than the call to arms forum here. I keep waiting for mongoose to come out with a new version of ACTA, but I'm starting to have doubts. Traveler would be the obvious choice, but Babylon 5 and noble armada were both pretty obscure backgrounds. Personally I've always wanted a design system like full thrust or starmada, but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming either.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:59 am
by Apep
I don't think I would buy another ruleset from Mongoose, I did have high hopes for Starfleet but the move back to ADB has made it virtually impossible to get minis and players in the UK. Yes I know you can import but not having a player base in the UK makes it a waste of time.

As for NA I have seen some movement in some FLGS websites in the states, but I am not expecting much movement in the short-term.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:33 pm
by Bellicose
Apep, I guess living in the USA I never realized that getting star fleet stuff would be hard. I've bought products from mongoose and ground zero games, as well as ADB. I was exited when I found out they were taking over start fleet:ACTA. I would like to say that I would not by another ACTA from mongoose, given their IP issues in past. I'm a wargamer junky though. I do think the smart play for then would be a version based off of traveler.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:57 am
by Apep
Bellicose wrote:Apep, I guess living in the USA I never realized that getting star fleet stuff would be hard. I've bought products from mongoose and ground zero games, as well as ADB. I was exited when I found out they were taking over start fleet:ACTA. I would like to say that I would not by another ACTA from mongoose, given their IP issues in past. I'm a wargamer junky though. I do think the smart play for then would be a version based off of traveler.
Bellicose,

Given Mongoose and there past IP issues I am avoiding any Mongoose product at the moment and there are now a good few rulesets out there for Space Wargames with no IP issues (and a few upcoming). I pop past the forum every so often in the vain hope of seeing something promising though

Not sure that Traveller would make a good wargame :( .

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:21 pm
by Bellicose
Apep, any games in particular? Aside from ACTA I like full thrust and Starmada nova. I'm checking out the rules to pax stellarum, but haven't played a game yet.

Re: RPE, FASA Games, and Noble Armada

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:34 pm
by Apep
Bellicose wrote:Apep, any games in particular? Aside from ACTA I like full thrust and Starmada nova. I'm checking out the rules to pax stellarum, but haven't played a game yet.
Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames is one getting good vibes (and on my list) - (Dropzone is already in the shops - check out the Hawk Website) - :D Dropfleet hits the shops July/August 2016 - http://gamerati.com/dropfleet-commander ... irst-look/

Firestorm Armada - Spartan Games

Halo: Fleet Battles - Spartan Games

Rumoured Star Trek Game - Said to tie into Anxar - but considering the issues there :?