Question about adding bonuses to stats at level 1+ hero

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Judge Paul
Weasel

Question about adding bonuses to stats at level 1+ hero

Postby Judge Paul » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:11 pm

I'm a bit confused here, when a model becomes a level 1 hero you get to add bonuses to stats as you choose yes? Simple enough but how about a street judge, his/ her stat line is printed in the force list and it says they are a level 1 hero so do I add +2 to any stats I choose? This will then unlock my skills (such as needing +2 to shoot score for a skill I would have to increase my shoot score if I wanted said skill?

So this means that each street judge in my force at level 1 hero status could have different stats if I used my bonuses in different places?

Ok on to hits, when you `upgrade` to a level 1 hero you must add +1 hit to your statline, does this mean a level 1 hero judge has their hits increased to 3 or is the +1 already included in their profile (they have 2 hits to start)?

Sorry if that sounds confusing I'm just having a hard time with this one area of the rules, planning on my first ever game tomorrow as well so want to get the rules right first time :D
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Re: Question about adding bonuses to stats at level 1+ hero

Postby Da Boss » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Yeah it can be a little confusing.

The basic Judge already has the correct number of hits but you still have the stat increases and Talents to choose. So you can make a variety of Judge's :)
Judge Paul
Weasel

Postby Judge Paul » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks for the reply, is there somewhere in the rulebook that actually states this (I'm not disputing that you are right as I got the impression this was the case) just wondered if it was actually in there or covered by a FAQ or something?
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Page 107, under Creating a Hero - note the two different methods, in paragraph 2 (covering models like Judges who are already Heroes) and paragraph 3 (covering models that start off as Minions).

Hope that helps!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Judge Paul
Weasel

Postby Judge Paul » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Fabulous, thanks Matthew! The rules are incredibly well written and very clear but there's always one thing that slips past my addled brain (ok numerous things :lol: )

The +1 to any stat at level 1 hero level then- could you use one of those +1s to add a hit to a judge? I know they get additional hits as they level up but a level one judge with 3 hits to start is a legal choice yes?
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Postby Da Boss » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Not quite, see p107 Creating a Hero

The two Stat bonuses can be:

Move, Agility, Shoot, Melee, Melee Dice or Will :)
Judge Paul
Weasel

Postby Judge Paul » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:57 pm

Ah cool thanks! So hits only start to increase once you start levelling up, makes sense :D