Discontinued?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
n815e
Banded Mongoose

Discontinued?

Postby n815e » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:53 pm

I purchase my Judge Dredd items from my local shop, which gets much of this from The Warstore.
Looking at the Judge Dredd products on Warstore's page shows many items listed as discontinued.

What is the story behind this? It has me concerned that I won be able to get more Judge Dredd products from my local shop or perhaps any where else.
Gloat when you win and belittle your opponents' victories.
msprange
Site Admin

Re: Discontinued?

Postby msprange » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:00 am

Worth dropping a line to Warstore - Dredd is very much continuing!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
n815e
Banded Mongoose

Postby n815e » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Good to hear!
Rob_A
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rob_A » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:02 am

Discontinuing can also mean they are dropping the line personally.

But yeah, I'd call them or something. Might be a glitch on their website, who knows!
Fill the (bug) hole that SST left in your heart, sign up and join the Colonial Marines with AvP: The Miniatures Game!
http://prodosgames.com
n815e
Banded Mongoose

Postby n815e » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:41 pm

The Warlord site seems to be moving the line to casting on demand, listing many items as "made to order".
If so, that means no products to flgs.
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Warlord do a lot of cast on demand, I think. If a webstore or FLGS doesn't have stock, it can take a while to get an item in. But Warlord do sell to other stores.

Example, I ordered 2 Bolt Action jeeps from a website, but they were out of stock. I wound up cancelling the order after several weeks. But I ordered tanks form the same website and they arrived quickly.
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
Curufea
Weasel

Postby Curufea » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:05 am

Miniature casting has always been a problematic business model - too many figures and you end up running out of storage space. Hence why crowd funding has really taken off where you have a surer idea of how many figures you need to cast before you fulfill orders.

JD has already had one kickstarter, I wouldn't be surprised to see others occur in future. It's certainly possible (because I've backed a couple) to do small cast runs of just a unit or two, rather than vast crowd fund expansions.

That being said - cast on demand is another option, if you're more able to do small one off castings. Most companies though do prefer to do bulk casts - as it's generally cheaper to cast in bulk.
Getting rid of Games Workshop
Please note - only looking for trades and non-GW