Necropolis 2 - Tournament/Campaign - September 8th 2013

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
chaoschild
Banded Mongoose

Necropolis 2 - Tournament/Campaign - September 8th 2013

Postby chaoschild » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Judge Death and the Dark Judges have returned to Mega City One; only Dredd and the forces of the Justice Department stand between them and the inhabitants of the city. Can the Dark Judges be defeated, or will they succeed in sentencing the citizens to Death?

Choose a side and join in this one-day tournament/campaign, culminating in a multi-player battle for the fate of the city.

Tickets: £10. Contact committee@peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk for more details or to book a place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More details:

Players will fight as part of one of two factions; either alongside the Justice Department in defence of the city or in the service of the Dark Judges.

The day includes 6 individual battles (standard, 500 credit forces) fought against members of the opposing faction, followed by a multi-player mega-battle fought on the edge of the Radlands. Players will receive reinforcements for the mega-battle (miniatures can be provided for the reinforcements if necessary). The most successful players after the preliminary games will get the most interesting reinforcements (including Dredd, Anderson and the Dark Judges).
chaoschild
Banded Mongoose

Re: Necropolis 2 - Tournament/Campaign - September 8th 2013

Postby chaoschild » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Giving this a bump, as the event is now just 2 weeks away. For anybody interested, the rules pack for the event can be found here and you can register for the event here.

If anyone has any questions about any aspect of this event, please ask. I've tried to keep the format of the tournament portion of the event familiar to anyone who went to the Apocalypse event at Mongoose earlier this year but with a few tweaks. The addition of the big Zombie Apocalypse game should make this more that just a simple tournament.
richred_uk
Weasel

Postby richred_uk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am

Just emailed off, but thought I'd check here to see if yo ustill had room for another gang at the weekend? Also Am I easier registering through the site or sorting it out on the day?

Rich
chaoschild
Banded Mongoose

Postby chaoschild » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am

Just replied to your email, but for the benefit of anyone else who's thinking of coming:

We still have a few places left at the event. Registering through the website would be preferred but if you let us know you're coming we can save a space for you to register on the day.
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 pm

A quick note if you are humming and harring about attending this event - we will be showcasing a _lot_ of new models in the Dredd range, many of which have never been seen before!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
chaoschild
Banded Mongoose

Postby chaoschild » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Well, the miniatures turned up just in the nick of time but...

DyN
Mongoose

Postby DyN » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:21 am

chaoschild wrote:Well, the miniatures turned up just in the nick of time but...

You've got them already? And had time to start painting them? I'm jealous! Lookign forward to mine arriving this week...
Deathjester
Stoat

Postby Deathjester » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying this. Can't believe I'm only 25 mins down the road but couldn't attend! Gutted.
chaoschild
Banded Mongoose

Postby chaoschild » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Just got home from this, the day was a great success. We wound up with 8 players in total, 4 for each faction, so the tournament portion of the day was effectively a round robin.

For the Dark Judges, Adrian Barnes ran away with it with 4 major victories from 4 games. For the Justice Department things were a lot closer with only 4 points (out of a possible 100) separating the top 3 but the prize was taken by Arfon (sorry, didn't get your surname) who was playing his first games of JD ever. Which just goes to show how easy it is to pick up this rules system, and also to never underestimate the rookie.

For the Zombie Apocalypse game in the afternoon we had 3 of the Dark Judges on the table with Adrian controlling Judge Death, accompanied by Fire and Fear. Mortis wasn't in use largely because I did so badly in the tournament that I wasn't entitled to use him so I had to settle for Mean Machine Angel instead. Defending the city we had Judges Dredd, Anderson and Giant along with an HS/2 Holocaust Judge.

The battle itself was very close but in the end it was a narrow victory for the Dark Judges. Judge Fire had been destroyed by Anderson and Judge Cal managed to arrest Judge Fear (he's a Judge, we did run this one by Matt before the battle when the idea first came up) but Death was still in action and the game was building to a showdown between Death and Anderson when we had to call time but there were still a lot of zombies roaming the streets of Mega City One. For what it's worth Mean Machine managed to headbutt Giant into a bloody paste but bit off more than he could chew when he tried the same on Dredd.

Big thanks to everyone involved for making this event an absolute pleasure to run, and to Matt for making the trek up here and for all his helpful comments. Incidentally the Pat Wagon looks absolutely awesome up close. :-)
TroubleAtTheMil
Shrew

Postby TroubleAtTheMil » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Recap and some pics here:

http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.co.uk/ ... lis-2.html

More to follow on the club website.
chaoschild
Banded Mongoose

Postby chaoschild » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:51 am

Finally got around to writing up my own report on the tournament. Enjoy.