best pc to buy?

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
ronbogard
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:29 pm

best pc to buy?

Postby ronbogard » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:35 am

Couch Champion: You don?t like to sweat, and you don?t English Muffin with Apple and Cheese, 235 wanted to watch grow up, and at the rate he was going, he was a heart attack
have been identified in ATM patients. produce large mutations and has a low ef- In rhesus and cynomolgus monkeys
In studies using human tumor tissues, particular residue. In the case of the H greatly reduces the charge repulsion
Timbo, it's a combination of two things 1, yep you is gettin older and 2, JJJ has been a pseudo commercial radio station for years now The departure of the final old schoolers means they can fully e
Last edited by ronbogard on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
frobisher
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:41 pm
Location: Glenfarg, SCOTLAND

Re: Vorlon?

Postby frobisher » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:46 am

ronbogard wrote:Since the Vorlon's can brake a part of them self's off and put it in other people. I was thinking does that give any special abilities to that person. What do you guys think about this?
No special abilities to the person, but it handicaps the Vorlon somewhat.

Basically, the Host becomes a Vorlon-Lite.

However, if the donating Vorlon dies, a piece lives on, and with suitable nurturing could become a fully fledged Vorlon again, eventually (hence why Ulkesh was very keen to find the missing bits of Kosh...).

Now this is a plot device I've used before. Which other bits of Kosh were potentially out there? Had he put bits of himself away for a rainy day?

Just from the series, potential candiates would have been.

* Lyta (very probably in fact... but Kosh recovered that bit himself)
* Dr Kyle (now that bit might be still on the go...)
* G'Kar (that bit might be hard to recover due to how and when Kosh made contact with his mind)
Paddy Sinclair

Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead...
User avatar
Chobbly
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:51 pm
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: Vorlon?

Postby Chobbly » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:13 pm

frobisher wrote:However, if the donating Vorlon dies, a piece lives on, and with suitable nurturing could become a fully fledged Vorlon again, eventually (hence why Ulkesh was very keen to find the missing bits of Kosh...).
Where is this mentioned? I would be very interested in finding out! :shock:

Also, does anyone know what the life expectancy of a Vorlon is, or how long a piece of a Vorlon can live inside someone? I know that the lifespan of a Vorlon is over a thousand years (Kosh).


Chobbly.
Enlightened Bystander
Stoat
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:05 am
Location: Liverpool, UK

Postby Enlightened Bystander » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:42 pm

I thought that Sheridan was the only person with a bit of Kosh still in him?
User avatar
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:46 pm

Postby August » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:36 pm

Sheridan was the only person with a piece of Kosh Naranek that Lyta came into contact with enough to 'resonate'. There may well be others; the possibilites for Kosh echoes is certainly there...

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
User avatar
hassanisabbah
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:41 pm
Location: Englands Dreaming

Postby hassanisabbah » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:55 pm

My assumption is that the Vorlons and Shadows are immortal. Kosh makes reference to the fact that (the young races) are 'not ready for immortality yet' when the Vorlons destroy the Deathwalker - this of course suggests that the Vorlons are. After all they are gods rather than an actual species.....

Probably only the shadows and minbari have the technology or knowledge of how to actually harm them - and the minbari possibly only the shadows - The White Stars use Vorlon technology, but its probably safe to assume a technology that is incapable of harming Vorlon vessels.

The end result of human evolution appears to a similar kind of energetic race, with encounter suit (last episode series 4).
"I agree with everything I say, but not necessarily everything I have said".
User avatar
frobisher
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:41 pm
Location: Glenfarg, SCOTLAND

Postby frobisher » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:50 pm

Chobbly wrote:
frobisher wrote:
However, if the donating Vorlon dies, a piece lives on, and with suitable nurturing could become a fully fledged Vorlon again, eventually (hence why Ulkesh was very keen to find the missing bits of Kosh...).
Where is this mentioned? I would be very interested in finding out!
Basically, this is what Lorien did to the piece of Kosh that was in Sheriden for the showdown against Ulkesh. The two "spirit" forms were pretty well matched.
Chobbly wrote:Also, does anyone know what the life expectancy of a Vorlon is, or how long a piece of a Vorlon can live inside someone? I know that the lifespan of a Vorlon is over a thousand years (Kosh).
I'd suspect that the Vorlon piece could survive as long as the host does. As to Vorlon longevity, Lorien remarked that he had met Kosh, yet he'd been "in exile" on Z'ha'dum for a consideable length of time, probably millions of years and so the meeting would have been before that. Certainly, the Shadows moved there to be near him (and also to have a "First One Shield" so the Vorlons don't toast their "homeworld")


hassanisabbah wrote:My assumption is that the Vorlons and Shadows are immortal. Kosh makes reference to the fact that (the young races) are 'not ready for immortality yet' when the Vorlons destroy the Deathwalker - this of course suggests that the Vorlons are. After all they are gods rather than an actual species.....
Well they like to pretend they are... Imortal doesn't mean you can't die, just that you won't die of old age :)
hassanisabbah wrote:Probably only the shadows and minbari have the technology or knowledge of how to actually harm them - and the minbari possibly only the shadows - The White Stars use Vorlon technology, but its probably safe to assume a technology that is incapable of harming Vorlon vessels.
A squadron of Whitestars manages to destroy a Vorlon listening post in the final phases of the Shadow war, and do it without significant loses.

Also, watch those Vree saucers go - they have the only "on screen" kills of any younger race vessels against Vorlon (fighters).
Paddy Sinclair

Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead...
User avatar
ShadowScout
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:48 am
Location: Matzen, AUSTRIA

Postby ShadowScout » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:49 am

frobisher wrote:A squadron of Whitestars manages to destroy a Vorlon listening post in the final phases of the Shadow war, and do it without significant loses.
Well, I suppose that depends on how you count "significant losses". Every WhiteStar the Vorlon outpost managed to hit died. And at least every third shot the listening post fired did in fact hit. Of course, those two dozend or more WhiteStars did demolish the outpost before it could kill more then a handful, but still... it aint nothing I'd feel smug about. And I wouldn't even want to imagine what would happen if those WhiteStars went up against the vorlon equivalent of a battlestation, and not the vorlon equivalent of a spy outpost...

However, your point stands - the vorlons aren't invulvnerable, and even their "gift" tech can be turned agaist them (though you shouldn't expect to win one-on-one engagements). Add to that the Vree saucers and some other visual evidence from "Into the Fire" and you get the result that even lower-tech races like the EA or narns will be able to hurt Vorlon ships - if they come in superior enough numbers to survive getting into their engagement range that is.
ShadowScout
Roman A. Perner

"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between light and dark..." - inscription on Z'ha'dum
Halcyon

Postby Halcyon » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:04 pm

Wasn't there also a Telepath in the Psi-Corps Trilogy whose's Psi Abilities were enhanced by the remnant of a Vorlon in him? Also Sheridan did change as a result of the months the piece of Kosh resided in him, he gained a resistance to Lyta's Vorlon augmented Psi abilites and was able to sense when he was near Shadow Technology from his reaction when he was on board a Shadow Enhanced Earth Alliance Ship as well as possibly his ability to identify the Vorlon Language.
User avatar
frobisher
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:41 pm
Location: Glenfarg, SCOTLAND

Postby frobisher » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:55 pm

Halcyon wrote:Wasn't there also a Telepath in the Psi-Corps Trilogy whose's Psi Abilities were enhanced by the remnant of a Vorlon in him? Also Sheridan did change as a result of the months the piece of Kosh resided in him, he gained a resistance to Lyta's Vorlon augmented Psi abilites and was able to sense when he was near Shadow Technology from his reaction when he was on board a Shadow Enhanced Earth Alliance Ship as well as possibly his ability to identify the Vorlon Language.
Yup :)
Paddy Sinclair

Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead...
Guest

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:54 am

So the short answer to the original question about special abilities is YES :!:

Someone "Touched" by a Vorlon would have:
Resistance to Vorlon Enhanced Telepaths
Sense Shadow Technology
If a character is a Telepath, their Telepathy will be Enhanced, whatever that means

The Telepath from the Psi Corps Trillogy was in his mother's mind when she died and a Vorlon came for her spirit. The experience enhanced his Telepathic abilities to beyond P13 strength to the point that he was able to project a Facade that he was not a Telepath.
ronbogard
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:29 pm

Postby ronbogard » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:59 am

Looks like I am going to have to read those B5 novels.
Tegman
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:15 am
Location: Sweden, Umeå
Contact:

Postby Tegman » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:03 am

ronbogard wrote:Looks like I am going to have to read those B5 novels.
The novels are great, especially the PSI-Corps triology, but I also liked the Passing of the technomages. The novels reveal alot of behind the scene information.
/Tegman

"Bra de då"
User avatar
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:46 pm

Postby August » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:49 am

[humor]

This February, don't forget to watch NBC's Must-See TV premiere of the new JMS Babylon-5 series, 'Touched by a Vorlon'.

It's the tender story of a young woman who's just moved to the city and all the crazy yet romantic things that happen to her when her burgeoning telepathic abilities draw the attention of not one, but TWO ancient beings from beyond the galactic rim.

Starring Time Meadows as the endearing Kosh, a tragic hero with a heart of Quantium-40, and Dick Cheney as the Shadow secondary love interest because when you think about, a vicious, alien warmonger really isn't all that out of character for him to play...

[/humor]
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
Halcyon

Postby Halcyon » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:55 am

I also recommend the Centauri Trilogy especially for the roles that G'Kar, Londo and Vir play in it.
User avatar
LoneStranger
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1141
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:08 am
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Postby LoneStranger » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:24 pm

Damn, someone beat me to the "Touched by a Vorlon" joke.
A fan of the Earth Alliance fleet, a.k.a. the Flying Brick Brigade
ronbogard
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:29 pm

Postby ronbogard » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:08 pm

Mongoose August wrote:
and Dick Cheney as the Shadow secondary love interest because when you think about, a vicious, alien warmonger really isn't all that out of character for him to play...
Guest star will be Howard Dean as the guy who lives next door who lives in his own little world. :P
User avatar
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:46 pm

Postby August » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:12 am

Sorry, Lone. I just could not resist...

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
User avatar
LoneStranger
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1141
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:08 am
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Postby LoneStranger » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:08 am

I'm not blamin ya for doin it, I'm just kinda bummed that someone else got to it before I could. Actually you did better with it than I could have.
A fan of the Earth Alliance fleet, a.k.a. the Flying Brick Brigade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests