Any chance of some Cybernet suppliment?

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Zethnar
Stoat

Any chance of some Cybernet suppliment?

Postby Zethnar » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:51 pm

I think the title pretty much says it all.

So aside from possible third party stuff is there any chance that we might see a suppliment or two for this book in the future? (you know, some more vehicles and weapons would be nice ;) Not that its hard to make that kind of stuff up)
Zethnar
Stoat

Postby Zethnar » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:11 pm

Wow, I had a proper look through the eqipment section and I take back what I said about more weapons. Theres actually a fairly decent amount in here, well done.
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old Bear » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:16 pm

For your info, Issue 7 of Signs & Portents has anarticle by August Hahn about customising weapons and Issue 8 has Total Physical Replacement by the same author. We are doing backgrounds as well.

You should subscribe... :wink:
Old Bear

Ted Chang, don't you know. And I'm not a moderator any more so don't even think about moaning to me.
E Nicely
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby E Nicely » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:13 pm

I'll second the vote for Cybernet supplements. While the custom weapons article in Signs and Portents was good, I want more. As far as setting-type stuff goes I can make my own but a little more tech would be awesome. I'm sure everyone that bought Cybernet would buy such a book. Pregen Devas with stats strikes me as something that would be cool. And maybe some wepons leaning a little more to the "futuristic" side.
Project Lead and Contributing Designer, VaS Order of Battle
Mongoose Playtester

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:04 pm

I'd love more vehicles and cyberware, both of these had adequate representations in the book but a few more examples of each would be nice.

Really just a simple equipment book would be great. Expand upon what we already have listed in the core rules (equipment, vehicles, weapons and cyberware) And I want stats for that cool looking police jet thing on the vehicles page :P
Stratos
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Stratos » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:00 am

The CyberNet Official Roleplaying Soundtrack available 11 May 2004 from Stratos (me!) on Bailey Records will include some original supplemental material co-written by August Hahn.

The material will be based on a campaign story-arc I created while recording the soundtrack - the story served as a mental visual for scenes and scenarios to score and write music for.

Hope this will be beneficial to some!

- Stratos
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old Bear » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:48 am

August writing music? Surely not!
Old Bear

Ted Chang, don't you know. And I'm not a moderator any more so don't even think about moaning to me.
Stratos
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Stratos » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:57 pm

Mongoose Old Bear wrote:August writing music? Surely not!
Lol! NO! He's helping me write some stats for characters I created while composing the soundtrack!

:)

- Stratos
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:09 pm

Ummmm.... no. I try to be multi-talented, but I do not write music nor do I play music.... except on my stereo. :)

I am just helping out with a few characters. This project is all Stratos, and looking sweeter by the minute!

-A
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old Bear » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:46 am

Mongoose August wrote:Ummmm.... no. I try to be multi-talented, but I do not write music nor do I play music.... except on my stereo. :)

I am just helping out with a few characters. This project is all Stratos, and looking sweeter by the minute!

-A
I thought from the photo in S&P that you might be a secret kasbah musician...
Old Bear

August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:17 pm

My god, that photo...

The story behind that photo is a long one, and not a very flattering tale at that. Let's just say I will do anything for Living Force, the campaign that I was affiliated with back then and now run with the aid of the 'Keeper of my Brain', Cynthia.

They needed a character played in an interactive and so I had to get into costume. That picture is the result. Shudder...

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old Bear » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:15 am

Mongoose August wrote:My god, that photo...

The story behind that photo is a long one, and not a very flattering tale at that. Let's just say I will do anything for Living Force, the campaign that I was affiliated with back then and now run with the aid of the 'Keeper of my Brain', Cynthia.

They needed a character played in an interactive and so I had to get into costume. That picture is the result. Shudder...

-August
Just what were you actually meant to be :?:
Old Bear

August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:17 am

Again, my friend, a very long story. The character is named Thurm Loogg, an alien with a very warped sense of fashion. He was told once by an advisor that humans tend to dress as befits the occassion. He mistranslated that to be 'as befits the setting', so at every public gathering, he pulls his outfit together from whatever happens to be on hand.

Tablecloths, baskets of fruit, potted plants, duct tape, you name it...

As I said, I'll do anything from Living Force... even put duct tape over a full beard. Not that it was full when I was done.... :(

-A
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old Bear » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:32 pm

Mongoose August wrote:Again, my friend, a very long story. The character is named Thurm Loogg, an alien with a very warped sense of fashion. He was told once by an advisor that humans tend to dress as befits the occassion. He mistranslated that to be 'as befits the setting', so at every public gathering, he pulls his outfit together from whatever happens to be on hand.

Tablecloths, baskets of fruit, potted plants, duct tape, you name it...

As I said, I'll do anything from Living Force... even put duct tape over a full beard. Not that it was full when I was done.... :(

-A
You are one wacky dude! :lol: 8)
Old Bear

azmear
Cub

Postby azmear » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:24 pm

Ok now I just have to see this picture I have been hearing about it for a while now. Which issue iis this one in please ?
Old Bear
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old Bear » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:31 pm

azmear wrote:Ok now I just have to see this picture I have been hearing about it for a while now. Which issue iis this one in please ?
Check out S&P #3 for the photo.
Old Bear

August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:32 pm

<groan>

I knew that was where this was headed. I was hoping that photo would just fade into obscurity.... :)

As for wacky, no... Just dedicated. Or is that 'commited', as in 'should be'?

-A
sonny sixshooter
Mongoose

Postby sonny sixshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:18 pm

Just a quick one about the original subject (sorry to be a part pooper...). How about a Table of all Cybernet feats like Wizards have in the D&D PHB which gives an easy overview of them all?
I know I know, I could just make one myself, but I'm the nerdy kind who would like things to look good, and it would look better in the original Cybernet lay out. Maybe something to be combined with the GM screen I suggested elsewhere? Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink, wink... pleeeease?

- Sonny
Immer weiter Rollo, immer weiter...
sonny sixshooter
Mongoose

Postby sonny sixshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:19 pm

Just a quick one about the original subject (sorry to be a party pooper...). How about a Table of all Cybernet feats like Wizards have in the D&D PHB which gives an easy overview of them all?
I know I know, I could just make one myself, but I'm the nerdy kind who would like things to look good, and it would look better in the original Cybernet lay out. Maybe something to be combined with the GM screen I suggested elsewhere? Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink, wink... pleeeease?

- Sonny
Immer weiter Rollo, immer weiter...
E Nicely
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby E Nicely » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:37 pm

I'll chime in for a Cybernet GM screen (again :D ). With a cool list of feats.
Project Lead and Contributing Designer, VaS Order of Battle
Mongoose Playtester