Been away for a while...

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Silent Wolf
Weasel
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:13 pm

Been away for a while...

Postby Silent Wolf » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:49 am

Haven't been around in a while, but I was just wondering if the Grandmaster Disciplines were ever released in any official format? The last I had heard they were still something that would happen in the future. Is that still the case or has that future become the past in my absence?
columbob
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:55 pm
Location: Québec

Re: Been away for a while...

Postby columbob » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:50 pm

Silent Wolf wrote:Haven't been around in a while, but I was just wondering if the Grandmaster Disciplines were ever released in any official format? The last I had heard they were still something that would happen in the future. Is that still the case or has that future become the past in my absence?
Mongoose hasn't published anything of the sort yet, but you can head over to the Tower of the Sun website, where you can see lots of downloads. Of particular interest to you would be the Book of the Magnakai document, in which the GM disciplines are detailed for the RPG.
Up the Irons!
Silent Wolf
Weasel
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:13 pm

Postby Silent Wolf » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 am

I do seem to recall hearing about those yes. I think they were even submitted to mongoose weren't they? Was there ever any word to suggest they were anything like "official"? I ask because players and GMs alike, at least those I RP with, won't take kindly to an unsupported internet edition of rules. Particularly if a supplement comes along that defies them.
elijah-sabretooth
Stoat
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:54 pm
Location: Bologna Italy

Postby elijah-sabretooth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:45 am

Silent Wolf wrote: Was there ever any word to suggest they were anything like "official"? I ask because players and GMs alike, at least those I RP with, won't take kindly to an unsupported internet edition of rules. Particularly if a supplement comes along that defies them.
there is no news about making the TotS material official, but if ever will be made it will take a LOOOOOONG time since we just got DoD that was scheduled a while ago and there is no new material announcement after the rumored but yet not confirmed Might of Magnamund...
Silent Wolf
Weasel
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:13 pm

Postby Silent Wolf » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:50 am

elijah-sabretooth wrote:
Silent Wolf wrote: Was there ever any word to suggest they were anything like "official"? I ask because players and GMs alike, at least those I RP with, won't take kindly to an unsupported internet edition of rules. Particularly if a supplement comes along that defies them.
there is no news about making the TotS material official, but if ever will be made it will take a LOOOOOONG time since we just got DoD that was scheduled a while ago and there is no new material announcement after the rumored but yet not confirmed Might of Magnamund...
I would love to see the Grandmaster rules appear in something like Might of Magnamund. Though I doubt it will be given the time period that the game is initially set in. With the system not getting that much of a confirmed release schedule in the immediate future perhaps a series of articles in Signs and Portents to present a New Order supplement of a sorts? Or some official word about the material submitted at TotS. Anyone from Mongoose want to speculate on any of this?
Ghost Bear
Stoat
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:25 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Postby Ghost Bear » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:40 pm

I would say that epic rules of any sort are a long way off yet. There's so much else to do before we get that far I think. Supplements on countries, more Warrior classes, etc etc.

-GB
Image
Silent Wolf
Weasel
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:13 pm

Postby Silent Wolf » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:22 pm

Ghost Bear wrote:I would say that epic rules of any sort are a long way off yet. There's so much else to do before we get that far I think. Supplements on countries, more Warrior classes, etc etc.

-GB
Given the infrequent nature of the releases I can only hope that you are wrong about that. I just turned 34, I'd like to have those rules before I turn 40 ;) Serious though I see no reason why you can't get your supplements on countries and warrior classes and I can't get my Epic levels. After all, then there shall be jubilation all around :D
Silent Wolf
Weasel
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:13 pm

Postby Silent Wolf » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:10 pm

OK cause I see the the relevance to this forum there, sure.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests