Guns and the Common Man... (errata)

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Guns and the Common Man... (errata)

Postby August » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:02 am

There is an important note for players of Cybernet that is apparently got lost in the text. This errata should be comsidered an immediate correction/clarification to the game.

Aside from the Unclassed, all characters in Cybernet (including Player Characters) may operate pistols without suffering a non-proficiency penalty. This is a weaker form of the Personal Firearm Proficiency feat and is superceded by it accordingly.

Life is dangerous in the dark tomorrow; most people feel safer with a gun in their hands.

-August
Last edited by August on Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
Socket
Stoat

Postby Socket » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:38 pm

Thanks August!
Sleep: An inadequate substitute for caffeine
Payote
Shrew

Re: Guns and the Common Man... (errata)

Postby Payote » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:01 pm

Mongoose August wrote:There is an important note for players of Cybernet that is apparently got lost in the text. This errata should be comsidered an immediate correction/clarification to the game.

Aside from the Unclassed, all characters in Cybernet (including Player Characters) may operate pistols without suffering a non-proficiency penalty. This is a weaker form of the Personal Firearm Proficiency feat and is superceded by it accordingly.

Life is dangerous in the dark tomorrow; most people feel safer with a gun in their hands.

-August
So if Iam reading this right anyone can use a pistol. But you need the personal firearms proficiency to use anything else without the -4 penelty.
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:58 pm

You are reading it correctly. It is effectively a limited Personal Firearms feat that applies only to pistols. In the dark future, damn near everyone is packing... :)

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."